Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Postie With Hot Aching Knees  (Read 1640 times)

Offline petefeet23

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Postie With Hot Aching Knees
« on: September 15, 2008, 07:39:36 PM »
Hi All,

I'm new to the forum. I'm a postman and over the last 6 months ive noticed that ive started to get really hot aching knees at the end of the day. I wondered what it could be and how i can help cure/ease it.

I wondered at first if it was just being on my feet too long etc as i work two jobs. I get up at 5am for the post finish at 1pm and the do a cleaning job 3pm-6pm and occassionally do a bit of overtime on both jobs.

Any help or advice would really be appreciated.

Thanks Pete

Offline petefeet23

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
Re: Postie With Hot Aching Knees
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2008, 11:07:57 PM »
Anyone?

Offline digginit

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2008, 12:34:55 AM »
"Hot" says that there's inflammation in there.  There are several things that cause knees to be hot and achey.  Osteoarthritis is the first thing that pops into my mind, and probably the most likely culprit, especially if you've spent a whole bunch of time on your feet over the years.  I'm guessing that you already wear shoes with good support and good insoles?  If you're not already doing that, it's a good start.  Antiinflammatory medications if there's no reason you can't take them might also be helpful....600 or 800 mg of Ibuprofen 3 times daily or 500mg Naproxen twice daily.  But it'd probably be a good idea to check with your family doc.

:)
dig

Offline Louisamith

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2021, 07:45:07 AM »
did you ever find out what this was?

support