Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: MRI results ?  (Read 4713 times)

Offline l29

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
MRI results ?
« on: September 05, 2008, 08:00:39 PM »
Hi,  I wish I understood this :( help please :)

focal region of suspected fibrosis involving the anterior aspect of the intercondylar notch, with possible involvement of the infrapatellar fat pad.  There is mild cystic enlargement of the tibial tunnel of the acl graft. radial type tear involving the inner margin of the anterior horn of the lateral mensicus.  mild chondromalacia involving the medial wightbearing articular surfaces of the medial femoral condyle.  there is suggestion of grade III chondromalacia involving the medial feoral trochlea. grade II/III chondromalacia involving the medial patellar facet and posterior nonweightbearing articular surface of the lateral tibial plateau.  small amount of joint fluid without significan effusion or popliteal cyst formation.

Is there an easier way to understand this?

Offline jathib

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • ACL recon, lateral menisectomy, lateral PKR
Re: MRI results ?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2008, 09:11:18 PM »
The stuff written in the Impressions section is usually written in English so normal people can understand. Depends on the radiologist I suppose, but that's what I always read.

Offline digginit

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2008, 10:26:43 PM »
1)  You have what looks like some scar tissue.
2) The "cystic enlargement" is where the graft goes through the tibia
3)  You have a lateral meniscus tear (anterior horn)
4) You have mild chondromalacia in the medial compartment -- i.e. developing arthritis
5)  You have grade III chondromalacia--pretty bad, but not down to bone-- in the trochlear groove (that's the part of the femur where the patella glides) and grade II and III changes on the back side of the patella
6)  You have grade II and III chondromalacia in the lateral compartment on a non-weightbearing surface
7)  You have a small knee effusion that shouldn't be causing any significant problems.

I don't know if that helps any or not. 

~dig

Offline clemmy

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2008, 08:15:50 PM »

Go up to the soft tissue-- arthrofibrosis section of bulletin board and post there.

Also, go to the Community Hub and read Dr. Noyes' tutorials on arthrofibrosis and complications of ACL surgery.