Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Kathy's Post-Op (TKR)  (Read 3898 times)

Offline yuntigrl

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 0
Re: Kathy's Post-Op (TKR)
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2008, 03:08:28 AM »
No....my staples aren't out yet.  Wednesday they come out.  Sometimes it feels like my knee is going to split open....I don't guess it will.  I have to get a yoga ball and strap.  I used to have a long elastic from my acl PT, but I think I threw it away in the process of moving last spring.

At PT, my therapist pushes down on my knee and I think my tendency is to resist...and that seems to make it more painful.  I'm just real anxious about that, and frankly I dread that single thing about PT more than anything else.  I think I get more extension when I'm relaxed in front of the tv....all by myself.  It pretty much only hurts on the lateral side of the knee when I work on the extension...

I know, I know....baby steps.

Oh, another thing....I got estim and ice on my knee today at PT.  The only other time I've had estim was when my quads refused to cooperate after my acl.  This was rather pleasant and my knee felt pretty good for a while afterward.  Anyone ever hear of that??  We used ultrasound the other day, and that was OK too.  I'm a human touch junkie....I think massages should be covered by health insurance.  Get a cold, treat it with a massage.  Get a headache, treat it with a massage.  Get a pimple, treat it with the massage. 

Thanks for the feedback Plumb....I so very much appreciate your kind words of encouragement.  I look forward to hearing from you again.  Kathy
Tore ACL March 1992
Fixed ACL Patellar Graft March 2005 (That's right 13 years later)
TKR Sept 08

Offline Mookie11

• Forum Faithful
  • Ouch!
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2008, 09:18:26 AM »
Hey Kathy,
I was away but now I am back trying to catch up on what you've been up to. It can sure be frustrating, can't it!! Just hang in there and try to stay positive as much as possible. It is so true, as others have posted, that it seems to take a year. 

Candace
Who knew knees were so complicated!

Offline Plumb

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 6
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2008, 12:05:56 PM »
Ask your OS on how much the PT should press down on your knee.  They have been known to be too forceful and break things.

Offline yuntigrl

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2008, 03:41:26 PM »
Plumb-

BREAK THINGS???  Goodness!!  That's awful!  I don't think she's pushing that hard....my knee just doesn't want to cooperate.  It hurts with the ice pack on the knee when the heel is propped up on a pillow.

I can't imagine my PT breaking something.  Makes me cringe!

Ya'll have a great day.  Kathy
Tore ACL March 1992
Fixed ACL Patellar Graft March 2005 (That's right 13 years later)
TKR Sept 08

support