Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: knee troubles  (Read 787 times)

Offline l29

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
knee troubles
« on: August 26, 2008, 04:07:00 AM »
 I had my first knee surgery in feb 07, when my son was 5 months old.  It was an acl reconstruction--most painful thing I have ever been through, worse then a c-section delivery-- any way all was going ok then 2 months later one of the screws came out breaking the bone that grew over it off, tearing one of the bands, I had the hamstring graph which is double banded, and the screw would jab right into my joint every time i bent it even to walk.  So i had surgery again on the left knee to grind the screw down.  Then in june of 07 I had a large bucket handle muniscus tear which of course had to be surgically removed as it locked the joint up.  In the mean time in july of 08 I tore more muniscus out of this knee, I just know I did it, didn't even need an mri.  Now about three weeks ago I was playing volley ball (sand) I went down with my good knee (right one) to bump a ball up by the net and all the sudden snap it sounded just like a twig snapping in half and i fell right to the ground and for a brief minute I had to relize which knee it was, I was in extreme pain and couldn't walk a first. I knew I did something bad i couldn't hardly walk for 3 days. I went to the doctor the fourth day after injury suspected a torn acl which when I had mri's last week of both knee's that was the case it was torn completely with mensicus tearing and bone marrow contusions, I also found out I did have more cartilage torn in the left knee along with a cyclops lesion (scar tissue) that had formed around the one band of graph that remained in my left knee.  I am just sick, I can't believe I hurt my self this bad just bending.  I don't know what bone marrow contusions are but it sounds nasty.  I have to talk to the doctor on Tues.  It is a different one then the one I had for my left knee, hopefully he will bring better luck.  I am not sure what I should ask this time as to questions for him.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2008, 04:12:17 AM by l29 »

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
Re: knee troubles
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2008, 06:01:38 AM »
You should really have a talk with your OS and see why you keep tearing the cartilage so easily.
I know that ligaments can change and be weaker when the hormones tumbles around when you get pregnant. But I don't know anything about cartilage.
Would be worth to check out if your body misses something.
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline l29

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: knee troubles
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2008, 01:48:10 PM »
thanks for your reply nettan, I will ask him that today, and you are right, I could possibly see tearing cartilage all the time if I was much older but being that I am younger it doen't make sense. Thanks again for bringing that to mind.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2008, 02:59:47 PM by l29 »