Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Orthovasic?  (Read 1060 times)

Offline redpower3

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Orthovasic?
« on: August 26, 2008, 01:10:51 AM »
 :-\ I started these new to me shots called Orthovasic? at least I think thats how its spelled. Well, last week I almost kicked the dr. This week he numbed both knees and then put those nasty, hurtful shots in. lol I am hoping they will work, because my knee caps are a mess. If anybody has these shots, please give me some feedback on your results. Thank you.
Redpower3

Offline digginit

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
Re: Orthovasic?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2008, 01:21:39 AM »
I've had 2 rounds of Orthovisc.  First time they worked great, but just not long enough...only got a month or two out of 'em, but I've got too much bone-on-bone to ask for more I guess.  I did a second round before a ski trip just to hold me over for the week so that I could give myself a steroid shot before the drive home....lol.  It helped for most of the week.  I know several people who have used Orthovisc and gotten a year out of it.  Good stuff. 

~dig

Offline Plumb

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 6
Re: Orthovasic?
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2008, 02:36:24 AM »
i now use supartz injections.   Doctors choice and all.   I had orthvisc on my right knee before it was replaced.  took some edge off.   Knee was toast..  Still needed it replaced. 

Like I said using supartz now..  and pretty happy camper at the moment.  Now that I got all my summer fun done.