Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: not sure whats up  (Read 1291 times)

Offline xbeentoolongx

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 1
  • They sed this wouldnt last, well there wrong!!!!!!
not sure whats up
« on: August 25, 2008, 05:01:24 AM »
hello all who read,
ive been having left knee pain for about 3 months,saw an os once took an mri showed nothing. so when i went back for the follow up appointment. i developed a pain & catching when having my knee bent for like 3 minutes or while iam sleeping, it will catch or even standing on it for long periods of time. my os thinks articular cartilage surgery, but iam not sure. i have had my other knees plica removed back in 2006, but very different symptoms. i was wondering if you had any insight on how articular cartialge surgery works? about recovery? all that stuff ??? iam just confused :-\. oh i have been doing r.i.c.e. and doing a stationary bike and bracing it,and taking over the counter meds. but iam stuck?

-thank you in advance!,any insight on what to do

ps. my symptoms:
*catching
*pain in the back of my knee
*pain when standing for short periods of time
*pain in the middle of my knee
*pain when walking
was wondering if these symptoms seem like articular cartilage problems?

-heather
« Last Edit: August 26, 2008, 04:03:47 AM by xbeentoolongx »
*25 years old
* right scope aug 16-plica removal-sheet
* left scope dec 18-lateral release and plica removal,partial synovectomy,and debridement
 2 cortisone shots
*left scope sept 13-ttt,and lateral release,well see what else? And placed 2 screws

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
Re: not sure whats up
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2008, 05:56:53 AM »
Here you have excellent information about cartilage damages and treatments.
I would really recommend you to read this and learn more.
http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEnotes/node/1749
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline xbeentoolongx

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2008, 01:35:24 PM »
thank you so much,that was helpful nettan.is there any posts on here about that?

-heather
*25 years old
* left scope dec 18-lateral release and plica removal,partial synovectomy,and debridement
 2 cortisone shots
*left scope sept 13-ttt,and lateral release,well see what else? And placed 2 screws

Offline xbeentoolongx

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2008, 06:18:42 AM »
hello,
anyone else who could shed some light on my situation? my os is still thinking its articular cartilage damage but he wants to do a scope to be sure and then fix if it is,because the mri showed nothing,what should i do. because according to the information i have read it says i will be non weight bearing for 6 months,but i really cant afford that because i have school & work. any insight & thank you in advance. iam thinking of getting it done in decemeber so at least it will give me at least a month of recovery before school starts again,but iam stuck!? ???

ps. my symptoms:
*catching
*pain in the back of my knee
*pain when standing for short periods of time
*pain in the middle of my knee
*pain when walking
was wondering if these symptoms seem like articular cartilage problems?

-heather
*25 years old
 2 cortisone shots

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2008, 06:31:03 AM »
All depends on what the surgeon will do. 6 months of non weightbareing is not the truth.
But you can end up with 6 weeks. You are young so I am sure you will make through whatever needs to be done. Talk with your OS and see what options he/she think could be possible if a surgery is performed.
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline xbeentoolongx

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2008, 06:45:17 AM »
thank you again Nettan,
Does it depend on what Substitution and Replacement Methods are done to the knee to determine how long you will be non-weight bearing?

-heather
*25 years old
 2 cortisone shots

support