Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Surgey or no? advice appreciated  (Read 645 times)

Offline Jazzy82

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Surgey or no? advice appreciated
« on: August 24, 2008, 10:16:54 AM »
Hello everybody

I had a loud pop sound from my left knee when streching one and half years ago.
I bended forward when sitting. my right foot was straight forward and left foot on my lap in lotus like position.

After the loud pop came the pain, but I could walk and it never gave up to make me fall or anything similar like that. It just hurted.

X-ray didn't show damage back then so I just thought to try living without sports.

Last spring - year after the injury I went to MRI and it didn't show much damage either.

The recovery has been steady but vey very slow.. would allready want to cycle,run,and stretch without knee getting painful.

It doesn't hurt if I don't do much but.. yeah what would you do?
My doctor says they can see what's going inside if I really want.. I do have assurance so it would be free for me, but ofcourse I don't wan't to go there for nothing.

Anyone know similar injury?

« Last Edit: August 24, 2008, 10:20:12 AM by Jazzy82 »

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
Re: Surgey or no? advice appreciated
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2008, 11:47:57 AM »
How much does this affect you in daily life ? What does your doc think ? Worth to investigate or not ?
Has he/she any clues ?
A scope is a scope and every surgery has risks. I would really go from how much this has effect in my daily life.
iIf you have too much of pain in daily life I would go for scope
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline Jazzy82

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2008, 12:59:09 PM »
thank's for answer.

My doc said like you that if it affects too much on my daily life then scope might be an option and he can do it then.
He said the usual risk is that people don't take care of the knee after the scope and it gets infected.
Also heard that all injuries don't show in mri either.

My doc operates professional atheletes so he should be good..
he don't know if ha can't see inside because it doesn't hurt when he tried to move the knee. It only hurts after sports and if sitting crosslegged for awhile.
It's not too hard pain or anything to need medication but the knee says don't use me in everyday sports, and that is what I would like to use it.. I'm on my twenties so I still love to move alot yeah.

I want to decide this week to scope or not to scope..
hope the recovery is fast if I'll go for it.
Do they have to do other surgery if there is some lingament damage or is it usually done at athe same sitting?

sorry for my possibly stiff english.. :)

« Last Edit: August 24, 2008, 01:09:38 PM by Jazzy82 »

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2008, 04:12:48 PM »
I guess that depends on what kind of ligament damage there is. You also must have discussed this with your surgeon before he proceeds more extensive surgery.
Have a chat with him about all possibilities and outcomes if you decide to go for surgery, before the surgery is done.
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.