Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Ruptured Patella Tendon and Quadroplasty - A Year Later  (Read 2668 times)

Offline itsbeenayear

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • Ruptured Patella Tendon September 2007
Ruptured Patella Tendon and Quadroplasty - A Year Later
« on: August 19, 2008, 12:30:17 PM »
Hi,

I fell over on the 29th September 2007 and ruptured my patella tendon,(apparantly because it was at the tibia it was more complicated)operation all ok, 3 months in don joy brace, then the trouble begun. I am on life time warfarin, so the internal bleeding was awful. When they started physio i could never get more than 40 degrees bend, so begun the 4 mua's - the first one was fine and they got full bend - but my blood levels were not right so i had to be off leg for 2 months - each mua resulted in less of a bend - the scar tissue was appalling - added to the fact i had 2 p'es during this time it didnt help. The final operation was in May this year (after spending 16 weeks of the last year in hospital I just wanted any help i could get) - The surgery was something that is apparantly extremely rare - quadroplasty - i still cannot find any information on this on the net - basically as the surgeon described it my muscles/quads were completely stripped. Ok, so it is now August, i have a been told there is no more surgery wise can be done - i use the cpm for four hours a day, and do all the excercies, plus physio each week. My question is - I seem to be able to tell what the weather is outside by the amount of pain I am in - I cannot believe the difference, when it rains I AM IN AGONY, and can hardly bend it at all - sitting here now writing this my knee is completely stiff (havent been on machine yet) - and I wonder - will i ever be OK?
I have read a lot of the posts on here and every body seems to be so helpful, - I just want to know if I have to accept being partially disabled for the rest of my life - or is there ANYTHING i can do to help me, at the moment I seem to be getting nowhere really fast, and mentally its extremely hard

I look forward to hearing from anybody - thank you for reading
x x
« Last Edit: August 19, 2008, 03:13:16 PM by itsbeenayear »
Its Been A Year

Offline Kaputt_Knee

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 75
  • [Ed: Sue sadly passed away in 2016]
Re: Ruptured Patella Tendon and Quadroplasty - A Year Later
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2008, 09:03:24 AM »
Hi sorry to hear of your problems but you have come to the right place to get sympathy understanding and help!

There is a big group of people here who have had ruptured patella tendons and they hang out in the Ruptured Patella Tendon thread on the Patello-Femoral Board - here's a link:

http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/index.php?topic=8389.0

Welcome to the madhouse called the Games Room!

Sue  ;) in Germany
1989 big trauma R. knee - sorted
1990-2004 3ACL recons and 20+ arthroscopies -RK
3/06 LK ACL torn!
4/06 ACL recon, kneecap broken
09 &10/06- 2x meniscus trims
3/07 - Notch Plastic & Lateral Release
14/8/08 complete revision ACL plus LCL/PLC recon
6/2/09 returned to skiing! Whoopee

Offline itsbeenayear

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • Ruptured Patella Tendon September 2007
Re: Ruptured Patella Tendon and Quadroplasty - A Year Later
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2008, 09:41:23 AM »
Hi Sue !

Thank you so much for your reply - i wish I had known about this site when i first had my accident, I think it could have been a godsend to me over the last year!!

Once again big thanks

Emma - London
Its Been A Year

support