Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Any good news  (Read 760 times)

Offline travel agent

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Any good news
« on: August 16, 2008, 09:58:52 PM »
I've been reading the postings for the past 3months and they have been helpful.

I farily sure I'm going to have surgery for fix a partial patella tendon tear and any other damage
when my knee buckled on May 24. 

I've only read about problems with surgery to correct number of injuries.  Even my neighbors tell me about friends and relatives to have had problems or about someone who had a blood clot and got to the hospital just in time.
Does anyone have any good news regarding surgery and rehab?

Thanks   

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
Re: Any good news
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2008, 10:42:30 PM »
Typical people that haven't been there themselves to find out the dirty stuff about surgery and bring that up.
Of course any surgery can have complications..but not many have blood clots.
The best advice is to talk with the surgeon that will do your surgery. He/she can answer if there is any bigger risks for you then for people in general to have surgery.
Surgery is often the easiest part of the package. Rehab is when the hard work begin. Though rehab is very very important to get a good outcome of the surgery you may have. Working hard in rehab and focus on doing the exercises is what make the knee be good again.
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline bella287

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
  • Grandchildren heal me :)
Re: Any good news
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2008, 01:03:41 AM »
sorry if posts have you worried but by the time people start seeking help on the web its because they are desperate. also many people post on sites like these because the other posters know what we are going thru. I believe for the most part surgeries like ours are successful just some of us have bad luck. please try not to worry and know that these boards are,nt just for surgery ?,s they are also just for talking or venting or yes even sharing good news. Good luck with you surgery   bella
11/06 meniscus repair, microfracture, 3/7/07 medial femoral chrondyle carticle implant. 8/27/07 arthroscope dedride overgrowth, 1/14/08 T.K.R., Current R.O.M. extension 9, flexion 90 5/5/08 M.u.a. 8/20/08 tkr revision, loose implant,patalla to large and heavy scar tissue removed

support