Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: OS has newspaper advertisment, what's this really mean  (Read 699 times)

Offline eaglemom

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
OS has newspaper advertisment, what's this really mean
« on: August 11, 2008, 02:33:25 PM »
While reading the Sunday paper, with ice pack on knee and elevating I find a huge advertisement from my os!  He is conducting a clinical study on osteoarthritis.  Now I was in his office on Thursday, there is nothing in there to mention this study, nor did he mention it to me.  He is very difficult to see since he's only in office two days a week - and now he'll have this.  I guess I'm just surpirsed because he's so busy now how does this work when a doctor has a clinical study?  My next appointment in the first week in Sept. - that was his "next available."

I guess my questions are do this mean he's more into clinical studies than actual knee issues?  Or am I missing the point of a study?  I just hate that its so difficult to reach him and now this.  And since I'm complaining here - when you call in they do not put in your "file" that you've called, you have a concern, issues, pain, etc.  Nurse handles it and its "your responsibility" to remember that issue and when you next see the os to tell him about it.  Is that normal?  As I said I tried to discuss that on Thur but he just wants the news on that very moment with the knee.

Am I making too much of this?

Offline suehaem

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
Re: OS has newspaper advertisment, what's this really mean
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2008, 04:02:27 PM »
Hi There,

I think you will find it will probable be the junior members of his team undertaking the clinical study with hi overseeing things, because these studies require a lot of time and by the sound of things your OS has not got much of this LOL.

I work in a hospital and all the studies that are undertaken in my department are normally undertaking by junior doctors and staff grades with the consultant overseeing things.

Sue
 ;D
North Wales
Fall from horse 04/04
Arthroscopy 27/07/07 -Grade III debridement
Re-injured knee running 1/03/08
Arthroscopy 11/10/08 - Grade II debridement
09/03/16 Fracture fib sking damage to knees
31/05/16 Grade 4 Chondromalacia and patella tilt (R)
17/11/16 Need new knee cap (L)knee
Awaiting Arthroscopy 2018