Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: not sure  (Read 718 times)

Offline piggers

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
not sure
« on: August 08, 2008, 06:11:04 AM »
I am new here and considering hto for malalignment, tired of dealing with pain.  actually am scheduled for surgery sept. 3 .  having second thoughts and scared. atleast  I can walk and be somewhat active am on a strong antiinflammatory and have been feeling pretty good, if i werent on that I would be hurting.  looking for some stories on someone that has had this done?

Offline suehaem

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
Re: not sure
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2008, 12:25:31 AM »
Hi piggers,

If in any doubt have a chat with your OS to discuss the need for surgery and they can elay any fears that you may have.  When I have good days I think twice about surgery but then it reminds me that all is not well.

Only you can make the decision about going for surgery.  If in any doubt at all speak with the OS.

Good luck

Sue
 ;D
North Wales
Fall from horse 04/04
Arthroscopy 27/07/07 -Grade III debridement
Re-injured knee running 1/03/08
Arthroscopy 11/10/08 - Grade II debridement
09/03/16 Fracture fib sking damage to knees
31/05/16 Grade 4 Chondromalacia and patella tilt (R)
17/11/16 Need new knee cap (L)knee
Awaiting Arthroscopy 2018

Offline eaglemom

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
Re: not sure
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2008, 05:20:34 AM »
What you are feeling is very normal - we all become apprehensive prior to surgery.  What it really means is that you and only you have to decide on the quality of life you want.  You need to ask enough questions so you feel comfortable with the procedure you are to have and then you decide if your ready for the surgery.  eagle

support