Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: TTT14 days post-op  (Read 1779 times)

Offline knee123

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
TTT14 days post-op
« on: August 21, 2003, 03:23:32 AM »
I am posting a message for the first time but I am not new to this board.  I had a patella realignment with L/R two weeks ago, and dont think i could have done it had it not been for all the information from these message boards.
Two weeks post-op and I am back taking classes.  The PT said I am doing surprisingly well.  I havent had much pain at all, the 2nd and 3rd days were the worst.  My ROM is around 90 to 95.  Is this good for two weeks or should it be higher?  Does anyones knee look different, besides a scar.  I had I feeling that I would walk different and be able to see the screws.  Im still on crutches so i dont know how its going to feel to walk again.  I was out of the immobilizer the third day and now I am in an adjustable brace.  How long do you normally have to wear this, weeks, months?
Other than these concerns I am doing a good job of getting around.  Will someone please let me know what to expect these next few weeks???
Thanks
Heather  :)

Offline Janet

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 2
Re: TTT14 days post-op
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2003, 03:28:15 AM »
Heather:

I can't answer any of your questions, but just wanted to say how great the news is that you're doing so well. Keep up the good work!

Janet
Torn quad tendon repair & VMO advancement 4/99, MUA with LOA 10/99, Patella baja and arthrofibrosis, LR & medial release & LOA 5/01, LOA & chondroplasty 6/03,TKR on 11/06, MUA 12/06. From perfect knees to a TKR in 7 years, all from a fall on a wet floor...and early undiagnosed scar tissue.

Offline abaddon_bast

• Regular Poster
  • Disce quasi semper victurus; vive quasi cras morit
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2003, 03:38:54 AM »
i had a VMo adv and a LR 4 weeks ago and my rom is just 80 which is normal according to my  PT so your ROM is very good id say has for the brace you be in for a while about 6 weeks depending on how good y6ou do you exersies in PT i was off my cruches 4 days after my surgery but i stuck in a brace til at lest sept 1st
Dislocated Right knee 2/28/03
Dislocated Right Knee 7/3/03
VMO adv. and LR w/scope on right knee on 7/21/03
Started PT on 7/30/03
Current ROM 130 as of 9/23/03
Curently in PT an doing good

Offline Jillian24

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • User's Text
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2003, 09:27:46 PM »
I would love to tell you that you are right on schedule, only because I am having  a TTT next month. I do think that sounds pretty good though. Good luck to you and I hope that you are able to talk to a PT. They usually can give you stuff to do at home. Let us know how it goes~Jillian
ONE TTT LAST OCT
10 LR'S    ONE MEDIAL RELEASE
STAPH INFECTION.....MANY MONTHS IN HOSPITAL

Offline Jax

• Regular Poster
  • I REALLY hate my knee!
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2003, 12:04:32 AM »
Hi,

I'm 3 months post-op TTT/LR and by the sounds of it you are doing great!! I was no where near that by 2 weeks but had to wait to have my physio transferred from one hospital to another.
I'm now full weight bearing, no crutches and only a slight limp.  It was a bit scary at first because I had an immobilizer on for 5 weeks, only taking it off for PT and when I was resting, and then nothing on the leg at all. It felt a bit wobbly at first with the crutches but progressed really quickly. My knee is still swollen but not too bad. I have to remember not to try and do too much just because it feels ok because it is still weak. Your PT will tell you when to start SLR's etc to start building up your muscles again and I found this was when I really saw quick improvement.
Take it easy and don't try to do too much. Your ROM sounds great so don't worry. Hope all goes well
Jax x
Dislocation of R knee 93; Several more 93-95; LR 94; more dislocations/maltracking
Fracture kneecap 96; LR 96; Yet more troubles
TTT and LR May 03. Jul 04 - oh god, the other one has gone wrong now!

Offline Di

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • this too shall pass
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2003, 04:28:37 AM »
Hi Heather,

Wow, it sounds like your doing great.  Your much farther ahead then me and I am 12 days post op.  Good luck.

Di