Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: HOTNESS AND BURNING FEELING IN KNEE  (Read 3489 times)

Offline marshwriggle

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
    • Marshwriggle' Heaven
HOTNESS AND BURNING FEELING IN KNEE
« on: August 05, 2003, 06:56:39 PM »
I had an arthroscopy done on my right knee on july 8th, and I have been experiencing a burning feeling and hotness in my knee......I am due to have a roux goldwaith procdure done on this knee on september 8th....I was wondeing if this feeling is normal after an arthroscopy and is there anything i can do to relieve the burning and the hotness? its driving me to distraction

anna :-/

Offline Janet

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 2
Re: HOTNESS AND BURNING FEELING IN KNEE
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2003, 02:56:46 AM »
Dear Anna:

Where exactly are the hotness and burning? I have burning pain in my patella tendon and under my patella (where the scar tissue was debrided 6 weeks ago). I am told it's nothign to worry about. But if you feel like your whole knee is hot to the touch and burning, you should call your OS. That could be a sign of infection.

Janet
Torn quad tendon repair & VMO advancement 4/99, MUA with LOA 10/99, Patella baja and arthrofibrosis, LR & medial release & LOA 5/01, LOA & chondroplasty 6/03,TKR on 11/06, MUA 12/06. From perfect knees to a TKR in 7 years, all from a fall on a wet floor...and early undiagnosed scar tissue.

Offline marshwriggle

• Regular Poster
  • User's Text
    • Marshwriggle' Heaven
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2003, 12:33:04 PM »
my hotness and burning is similar to what you have described janet....if it was an infection would I be feeling unwell too? and what other things to look out for? my whole knee is not hot and its not all the time but its there if u get my drift

anna

Offline marshwriggle

• Regular Poster
  • User's Text
    • Marshwriggle' Heaven
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2003, 02:47:30 PM »
janet,

someone suggested i get vitamin e oil and rub it on what do u think?

anna