Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: seriously hurt my knee...cant walk  (Read 4442 times)

Offline woahxiitsxsara

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
seriously hurt my knee...cant walk
« on: July 29, 2008, 08:18:09 PM »
okay so the other day my friend and i were wrestling in an parking lot. My friend was trying to tackle me to the ground by wrapping his leg around my knee and pulling. My knee popped out and i felt something tear in my knee. My knee cap was on the outside of my knee, and i was able to move it back into place, but my knee is deformed, and the kneecap still looks like its moved too far over. I can't straighten my leg or bend it that much..and I can not put any weight on my leg.

I was just wondering what I should do. Hospital is not an option. And This happened on Friday and it's now Tuesday, Is it bad to wait so long to do something about it?

Please help me!! thanks...
<3 sara <3
*Sara*

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
Re: seriously hurt my knee...cant walk
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2008, 08:22:51 PM »
Why is hospital not an option ? I can't see that you have anymore to choose from if you will be able walking again normally.
To dislocate a knee is a serious injury. Ligaments can have been torned, you can have cartilage damages.
But you can also be fine. But you shouldn't think that...you need to check the knee out ASAP.
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

macygasp

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2008, 08:24:24 PM »
It's possible that you torn some ligaments. You need to see a doctor to asses the situation, asap; in the mean while, apply ice on the knee if it's swolen and try to limit your movements to what feels comfortable for you.

Offline maryc

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 16
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2008, 08:24:39 PM »
You say that a hospital is not an option, but the only way to get this fixed is to go to a doctor (preferably somone who specialized in knees - Orthopedic Surgeon).  Go to the nearest emergency room, most places will take care of you and help you work out finances.  A delay may cause you permanent injury.
8/4/07 fell
8/5 diagnosed TPF
8/6 surgery plate and 6 screws
8/12 out of hospital NWM
8/21 staples removed
9/18 OS appt - WBAT with crutches
10/10 - WBAT with cane
10/27 - back to work w/cane
12/26 - no cane, slight limp when tired
1/25/08 - released from PT, no limp
2/3/09 - Released by OS

Offline woahxiitsxsara

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2008, 08:29:22 PM »
the reason a hospital is not an option is because I'm low on money. Do you think that me waiting a couple more days is going to hurt it any? I have been icing it, and putting heat on it, but that just makes it hurt worse and makes me not able to walk, even more. I have to hop around the house as it is. My knee..i don't know, but something is not right. It looks like the inside of my knee is bowing out.. Is that normal after an injury???
*Sara*

Offline jeffrx

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2008, 08:31:00 PM »
Sounds like you really need that checked out by a doctor! 

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2008, 08:46:34 PM »
Could be some ligament injury if knee bows out. Stay off the knee and get hold of a doc. There has to be some clinic where you can get help even if you are without money. What would you do if you had a heartattack or if you are out for a car crash and get unconsious ?
Then you have no choice then getting medical treatment. This is the same.
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.

Offline woahxiitsxsara

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2008, 09:05:28 PM »
okay you do have a point. I'm going to call the doctor even if my dad doesnt want me to. Hopefully they dont tell me nothing is wrong with it. Should i just ask for a OS referall when I am there? I dont have a OS right now because our insurance wasnt accepted in my old OS's office.

thanks =)
*Sara*

Offline jathib

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • ACL recon, lateral menisectomy, lateral PKR
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2008, 11:59:28 PM »
Skip the referral and go straight to an orthopedic surgeon. A family doctor isn't going to help you. Don't go to the ER as it's not an emergency and it's the most expensive way to do things.

Offline eaglemom

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2008, 05:03:33 AM »
At this point its really imperative to be seen by a doc., preferably an os.  Putting a cost on your knee shouldn't interfere with being seen.  Ice and elevate above the head in the mean time.  See a doc.

Offline woahxiitsxsara

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2008, 05:39:55 AM »
its gotten even worse...the pain is shooting down my leg. I have to wait until after thursday to do anything, because dad doesnt get paid until thursday. If it keeps getting worse i dont know what i am going to do...it hurts soo bad.
*Sara*

Offline Silkncardcrafts

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 6
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2008, 06:09:59 AM »
I agree with the others, you need to get it properly assessed as soon as possible.

By the way, don't use heat as it can promote swelling. Just a tip of mine as a sports trainer.
11/1996 - RK LR
07/1997 - LK LR
11/1998 - LK MPFL Reco
12/2005 - RK LR Repair
07/2006 - LK MPFL Repair
11/2006 - LK LR Repair
22/05/08 - LK Trochleoplasty
11/02/10 - RK Trochleoplasty
07/03/11 - RK Chrondroplasty

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2008, 06:27:29 AM »
Sara, you can probably get in earlier and you can pay them after. I am sure that will work out.

fatcats6

« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2008, 08:12:32 AM »
You have to get some help.  Given what you describe, it's critical.  Get to an OS and work out the money later.  You're obviously a young person and this injury could follow you the rest of your life without professional help.  Stay off your leg until you get seen to so you don't hurt it any more.  Everything everyone else says...I agree with. 

Offline JustMeInNC

• Regular Poster
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2008, 01:54:00 PM »
Just get to the doctor, most doctors are willing to work out a payment plan. When my husband hurt his knee he had no insurance and we where cash payment. The first appt we only where able to give him $20 and he was perfectly ok with that. In fact when my husband turned out needing surgery he told us not to worry about the cost the most important thing was to get his knee back and prevent a life long problem
I'm so busy that I'm not sure if I lost my horse or just found my lead rope.

1989 - Right Knee - don't rember what they did
1997 - Right Knee - Orthoscopic clean up again
2000 - LR on left knee
2001 - LR on right knee
2008 -LR on right knee (again)
9-18-2009 - Maquet osteotomy right knee

support