Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: I'm Back......Need Help  (Read 2486 times)

Offline Lori

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • Super Lori :-p
I'm Back......Need Help
« on: September 24, 2002, 09:39:29 PM »
Well it has been a long time since I have been on here because school has just given me no time for anything. I'm sorry it has been so long and I hope you are all doing well. As for me I am not doing so good. My OS sent me back to PT...and I finally went to a different one. She said is awesome and did a through examination. She said that running to soon had absolutely nothing to do with the pain I've been having. She says they messed up on my TTT and didn't move everything over enough. This is causing even more pain than there was before becuase my kneecap is going off in an even different angle....making it hurt more. It's all just bone rubbing on bone right now and thats why my pain gradually increased. I don't know what my OS is going to say b/c he couldnt figure out what was wrong...although I can obviously see now thats the problem. I go back to him next week to hear what he says so I've got my fingers crossed. My problem is I never know what to say to my OS and he never listens to me!!! My new PT is not in the same building so he can't just go over there to talk to her. Not only that he sent me back to PT for hamstring tendonitis when my hamstring doesnt even hurt, its my knee!!! My PT laughed when she saw that!!! I can't switch OS's cause of insurance reasons...but I may get a second opinion if he is not of much help. So I'm not really sure how to handle the situation...or the pain!!! Well anyways, yeah things have definitely been going rough the last couple months since I have been on here and I am so bad I have had trouble keeping in touch. My classes are beyond impossible..not to mention I am having the worst time sitting through them without pain. And well depression has definitely taken over since I can't do anything but sit on my fat ass and let it get fatter!!!  :'( But I hope you are all doing well and I'm sorry to bother you with more of my problems....esp. after so long a time!!!
Take care,
Lori
12/00 Plica Excision(L)
7/01 LR(L)
5/02 Distal Realignment with Oblique Osteotomy(L)
9/02 Cortisone Injection(L)
12/02 Garbage Removal (Shredded Tissue,etc) B/c My Kneecap Was Not Even Visible(L)

Offline Liz_-_UK

• Forum Faithful
  • Together is the bestest place to be
Re: I'm Back......Need Help
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2002, 11:36:39 AM »
Lori,

Welcome back! It's good to see you again. But i'm sorry things are not going well.

Can you perhaps ask your PT to write a note to your OS? Mine did that once to say she thought my knee was maltracking again and it prompted him into doing a more throrough examination.

Or write everything down yourself and either send it to him before the consultation or give it to him on the day - that way he hasn't got to listen, just read!  ;)

I know how you feel though - my first TTT was done wrongly and left me much worse off than before, but it can be fixed - mine was! Don't give up hope - try your OS again and if he's no good definitely get a second opinion. I'll be thinking of you.

Liz
xxx
03/95 - LR on left knee, 08/95 - LR on right knee, 03/98 - failed TTT left knee. Several scopes. 12/01 TTT and LR on left knee. Great for a while but now more problems.

Offline LoriS.

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • User's Text
Re: I'm Back......Need Help
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2002, 04:53:51 PM »
Lori - Hi - it's the other Lori!  I'm sorry to hear things continue to be a problem for you.  The first thing I want to say though is that ANY PT has limited training!!!!!!!  By that I mean don't just go by what your PT is telling you!!!!  Although they mean well and in many cases are accurate in their assessment, it still doesn't match to a qualified OS. (and I do mean qualified OS being the key!!)  So with that said I agree with what the others have been telling you.  If indeed your PT believes the TTT has failed, then  it is really up to the PT to get on the phone with the OS conference a little and let him or her know what she sees and is thinking about your case!!!  I still have some feelings about your early on pushing and the reason I say that is because after a TTT your knee is trying to get used to tracking in a new position - it sometimes can take awhile and doing things too early or soon can cause some problems later on but that's all water under the bridge now.  You need to get this PT to talk with the OS about her findings to get to the bottom of this.  A failed TTT doesn't mean it can't be fixed a little later on either so don't give up hope just yet!!!  Stay positive and believe me I know that's hard when you're in pain all the time. I have RSD and the pain is generally 24/7 so I can relate very well!  You just need to get to the bottom of this so you can put this all behind you and you will!!!  Good luck and keep us updated!!!!  Take care - Lori S.
partial menisectomy 11/99; Fulkerson 8/2000; screw removal 4/01;  diagnosed RSD 3/02