Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Nick's 3in1 Diary FatPadTrim, Medial plica/Distal patella excision, AIR x2, LMR  (Read 271184 times)

Offline Clarkey

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 73
  • Neil TheElephant knee packed up carrying his trunk
Re: Nick's 3in1 Diary FatPadTrim, Medial plica/Distal patella excision, AIR x2, LMR
« Reply #1605 on: September 16, 2018, 08:50:41 PM »
16/09/18 Day 243 Eight Months Post Op

Eight months post-op and knee remaining the same not getting worse or improving. Still walking at a slower pace with knee giving out at times. Would be nice to have a PT appointment come through soon that taking longer than expected. Saw my hip OS on Friday 27th July and the referral letter was sent a week later on Friday 3rd August. Should hopefully get a date for first PT session in a weeks time after 6 weeks. My last appointment took 6 weeks at the smaller minor injury hospital in north Worcestershire for my right hip. Had to cancel it as it was fresh after my surgery in January to focus on my right knee. My right hip not included in the PT session at hospital I where I had my surgery done.

Back helping out at the autism charity shop once again weekly that involves some lifting that is fine if it a short distances, as long as I avoid the stairs. Right hip seems to be a niggling pain that manageable if I am doing some gardening or moderate lifting. Can always ask to see my hip OS again if it worsens over the winter months. Hopefully it will remain being ok. Been told if it becomes more persist and regular it better to have the cam smoothed over to prolong the need for a new hip! Not unusual nowadays for someone in their 50s or 60s to have a new hip. Strictly Judge Craig Revel Horwood has had both hips replaced but he has used his hips a lot more dancing most of his life. A lady at my local garden centre is in her late 50s and need a new hip that has done similar work to my previous job, labour intensive work out in all weathers.

Having said that might have been another heavy fall when I slipped hard on my side and right hip at a Indian restaurant that had slippery tiles outside the entrance. No one seemed to be concerned not even a glass of water free cup of tea from the waiters that saw me fall. Saw a elderly lady slip on black ice by carpark at the disability adult coffee morning I attend on a Thursday morning. I asked straight away if she ok and if she like a hot drink for free at the coffee morning and said thanks for the kind offer I am fine. Maybe that caused the right hip labral tear.

Accident prone with slips and falls that led me to KG after slipping on my untied shoelace while running with 2 big heavy falls afterwards a few years later is not going to be great for the joints!

[email protected]
RK: PFPS, Arthrofibrosis, Tendinopathy, Five cortisone injections
16/01/18 Anterior interval release, distal patella excision, lateral meniscal repair
18/07/14 Anterior interval release  
16/11/09 Medial plica excision, fat pad trimming

Offline Clarkey

• SuperKNEEgeek
16/10/18 Day 273 Nine Months Post Op

Final had my long winded 2in1 PT appointment for right knee and hip assessment at a more local hospital to my location. Smaller hospital with easier parking ticket system taking in your number plate as you drive in as barrier lifts up. Pay at the end that less hassle if you running slightly late for appointment. I arrived 10:55am instead of 10:45am, Was ten minutes late as I did not realise how the parking system worked. Searching in the carpark for ticket machine that they have at Birmingham ROH.

The physio was fine about it, must happen a lot to new patients as paying machine is not very clear paying on one machine in front of hospital main entrance. Went well giving a pain scale of 5 to 6 on a bad day with more pain in my right hip. Said can only do so much with the hip to ease the impingement with strengthening of the muscles and stretching. Same with the knee building up the quads that have wasted! No firmness or muscle tone in comparison to my left quads.

Was given a booklet for to stretch the muscles, top of my thigh was very sore after assessment that is mega tight! Been given an exercise booklet from Arthritis Research UK for osteoarthritis of the knee even if I do not have the condition good booklet for diagrams of exercises. Hip pain booklet also has good diagrams and information. 

lifting, squatting and gardening aggravates the back of the knee behind the hamstring with some anterior pain. Pinching on the side of the hip that happens when sitting up and down. Told will not go away and wait till it worsens! The OS in his youtube video for young adult hip treatment said he wish patients came in earlier for treatment before the hip gets to the replacement stages. He said can always ask to see him again in January when I see Prof Snow. See how PT goes and the colder weather. Maybe could ask for another MRI scan that Prof Snow can do on behalf of my hip OS. See if the hip deteriorated since the last MRI that must be at least 2 years ago.

Hard to say with the knee until I have got stronger quads seeing if I can attempt a brisk walk that I cannot do right now! Still on the slow side and get overtaken by pedestrians in their 60s and 70s. Running is a long way of, if I can run again in the future. Cycling and swimming is ok to do when asking if I can start doing it.

Next appointment is on Halloween in 2 weeks time today. Adding more strain in the exercises.

[email protected]
« Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 11:21:46 AM by Clarkey »
16/01/18 Anterior interval release, distal patella excision, lateral meniscal repair

Offline Clarkey

• SuperKNEEgeek
16/11/18 Day 304 Ten Months Post Op

Physiotherapy is going ok so far at a slow pace. Still finding the hamstring behind the knee is mega tight when doing stretching exercises. Doing calf stretching and wall squats with the same anterior knee pain around the same spot as it was pre-op around the patella tendon! Hoping it will improve as my quads become stronger to help reduce the pain that still needs some work with more strenuous PT sessions. Going to the gym using the bike at low resistance will have to be done at another gym. My local gym has the physio that ruined my 2nd surgery who made me overdo it during my PT session early post-op! Do not want to catch sight of him.

Have to be honest and should have stuck to Birmingham ROH as the new PT has good intentions but is not really giving me PT I should be getting after ten months post-op. At least the previous PT I saw got me on the exercise bike and doing steps ups that I was able to do without any problems. The smaller hospital that I am currently receiving PT does have a gym within the PT department. It is a waste of time going over the PT exercises I been given that are written down with diagrams, so do not need to check. Be good during the half hour session to do some gym work that would be more beneficial. Should be ok to say to my PT that I rather be doing gym work during my appointment. Patient's have a say what exercises they want be doing during the appointment if they are not entirely satisfied.

Being told should find some part time work that is a challenging right now! Happy to work at a garden centre but because my right knee and hip flares up when I lifting bags of soil, gravel etc for customers with physical challenges. Even at the charity shop I volunteer at once a week bringing donations up the stairs, helping customers with their purchases to their car if they are elderly and frail! Hard to say cannot help due to joint problems as I look young for my age coming up to 40 next month. So now not going to the charity shop as I feel I am a burden as I not able to help out as I would like to.

Supporting vulnerable adults and young people also challenging due to having a unjust conviction, making it virtually impossible to find paid employment. Have completed my chapter on autism and criminal responsibility for an academic book for university students and professionals last month in Dublin. Was a Storyteller with two academic respondents.
Links below explains the whole nightmare scenario my family and I found myself in that is still haunting me to this day, not being able to quash my criminal record!

http://autisminjustice.org/Stories/nick's%20story.html

https://www.routledge.com/Global-Perspectives-on-Legal-Capacity-Reform-Our-Voices-Our-Stories/Flynn-Arstein-Kerslake-Bhailis-Serra/p/book/9781138298910

https://twitter.com/SuffolkPunchASC

I am now on enhanced PIP due to my autism and joint issues until 2020 after a successful I appeal won my case for benefits I entitled to. Hope one day can say the same quashing my criminal record that comes up on my enhanced DBS check!

[email protected]
« Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 02:03:06 PM by Clarkey »

support