Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Nick's FatPadTrim, Medial plica/Distal patella excision, AIR x2, LMR 3in1 Diary  (Read 282470 times)

Offline Clarkey

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 75
  • Neil TheElephant knee packed up carrying his trunk
Re: Nick's RK Medial plica excision/fat pad op#1 Anterior interval release op#2
« Reply #1305 on: February 18, 2015, 06:02:22 PM »
18/02/15 7 Months Day 215 Post Op

7 months post op already and still at the same stage with no progress so far and doubt it going to improve just remain the same or get even worse! I am still waiting for a date for MRI scan that should come through the post by the end of this week hopefully.

I have already received a letter from Mr Snow's Assistant that is a respectable OS from Germany gaining experience under Mr Snow. I have noticed that he is now known as Professor Snow and no longer known as Mr Snow. This shows he a top class OS and knew I found a top OS from day 1 when I saw him for a consultation, you cannot get a higher position than a Professor in orthopaedic medicine.

http://www.bmihealthcare.co.uk/consultant/consultantdetails?p_name=Martyn-Snow&p_id=47960

Here what has been written in the assessment after my consultation!

I have seen this gentleman with Mr Snow in his clinic today. He underwent the anterior interval release of his right knee in July last year. He is still complaining about some amount of anterior knee pain especially with activities like going up and down stairs and quad strengthening exercises. He is still not able to return to sporting activities like running.

On examination today there was no joint effusion or soft tissue swelling, the kneecap looks quite good centred in the middle of the patellofemoral joint. He has got full extension flexion to 130 degrees, the medial, lateral and collateral ligaments and the ACL are stable.

We have referred Nicholas for a repeat MRI scan of his right knee today to check if there is still some amount of odema in the medial femoral condyle and to check if there is any reaction at the patella ligament. We have arranged to see him with the scan results in due course.

Does not mean just because I have a good ROM and no joint effusion or soft tissue swelling that you cannot rule out AF as it could still be the main reason why I am still in pain a discomfort 7 months post op. I also had good ROM and could run before my AIR surgery and I was feeling pain and discomfort.

I  am stil feeling pain and discomfort instantly as soon as I try to attempt to run or increase walking pace and have to be careful when going up and down the stairs. I helped out Monday at an additional needs young peopleís group and went to laser quest and really wanted to take part interacting with the children and young adults until another volunteer advised me not to take part with my chronic knee condition. Cannot do any gardening for my local church thatís frustrating as I like to help within the local community.

Snowy I agree with you that it would be a good idea to pay for proper aftercare if I did end up needing a 3rd scope on my right knee. I have been getting prices for PT privately and prices range from £40 to £60 depending on how long the session lasts.

What does frustrate me is the lack of knowledge towards AF and AIR as no one seems to have a clue what surgical procedures it involves when explaining what I had done when making enquiries. More awareness towards AF in general is required by all staff working in an orthopaedic department would help a lot.

[email protected]
RK: PFPS, Arthrofibrosis, Tendinopathy, Five cortisone injections
16/01/18 Anterior interval release, distal patella excision, lateral meniscal repair
18/07/14 Anterior interval release  
16/11/09 Medial plica excision, fat pad trimming

Offline Scubagrl4

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 43
Re: Nick's RK Medial plica excision/fat pad op#1 Anterior interval release op#2
« Reply #1306 on: February 21, 2015, 01:38:04 AM »
I agree with you Nick.  There should really be more doctors out there that know how to treat AF.  The other problem with physicians that can't treat it is many of them don't know how to recognize it either.  It is that miss in early diagnosis that can be very harmful for many of us. 
I hope that you are finding ways to keep yourself distracted until your MRI can be done.  I'm glad you can volunteer a little even though you aren't able to participate in all of the activities.  Hopefully this will eventually all be a bad nightmare that is finally over.
4/14/14 L ACL rupture, grade 2+ MCL tear
6/6/14 ACLr allograft
9/4/14 MUA
10/6/14 LOA/AIR, synovectomy, lateral/medial retinacular release, partial lateral menisectomy, chondroplasty, deep tissue
biopsies.
11/20/14 insufflation, MUA
10/19/15: LOA/air, PLM, chondro, synovectomy, med/lat releases

Offline Clarkey

• SuperKNEEgeek
18/03/15 8 Months Day 243 Post Op

Today marks 8 months since I had my AIR surgery and has been a stressful 4 weeks with regards to trying to sort out my MRI scan on my right knee after seeing Mr Snow in Clinic on Wednesday 28th January I was told will be booked in for an MRI scan within the next 6 weeks.

I was waiting every day for a letter from the hospital for a date and time for my MRI scan and was not getting a letter for my MRI scan and was coming up to 6 weeks since my referral so thought it was best to make a direct call to Mr Snowís secretary last week Monday 9th March to check whatís the delay in having an MRI scan done on my right knee.

I got through straight away to the secretary and when she checked my details on her PC she told me I should have been in on Tuesday 24th February for my MRI scan! I told her that I never received a letter, phone call or email about the scheduled MRI scan appointment and would like to be fitted in ASAP.

Another week passes and on Monday 16th March no letter still for a date and time for my MRI scan so thought to myself I will email in writing to the complaints department that unfortunately seem to be a regular occurrence since August 2013 and cannot blame the cut backs on the NHS! It is poor communicational skills which is lacking which is why I never received a letter and not the 1st time it has occurred.

I sent the following email in a polite and tactful manner:

Dear ******

I am sorry to be asking for your assistance again with regards to a delays and mistakes made with to my scheduled MRI scan after a referral was made on Wednesday 28th January after seeing Mr Snow and is Registrar.

I was told it could take up to 6 weeks to have my MRI scan on my right knee, last week after not receiving any letter through the post for my MRI scan I rang Mr Snowís secretary directly last week Monday morning 9th March, she told me that I was already booked in on Tuesday 24th February for my MRI scan of my right knee.

Mr Snowís secretary said she would re-arrange for a new MRI scan appointment, I was not at fault for missing the scheduled MRI scan as I never received any form of contact by post, phone call or email about my MRI scan from the ROH.

I was expecting after the mistakes that have occurred that I would have received a letter last week at some point as my MRI scan has been delayed for longer than 6 weeks. If there are any cancellations this week at the MRI department as I would be happy to be booked in at short notice.

Regards,

Nick Clarke.

Within the hour a got the following email reply back:

Dear Mr Clarke

Thank you for your email and I am so sorry that you did not receive notification of your scan.

I have spoken to MRI and they are going to offer you the next cancellation that becomes available.  Hopefully this will be for this/next week.

I have asked them to keep me informed, however they will contact you direct.

With best wishes.

I have not yet received any phone call or letter when I can finally have my MRI scan done on my right knee and now getting extremely agitated by the whole delay! It's not right to manage in such a poor way and if I not had any contact by next week Monday morning 23rd March will complain to the Director of the hospital.

I am so fed up with the whole saga that I will pocket out of my life savings to pay to have treatment done at a private hospital under the expert care of Professor Snow so I get the proper aftercare I deserve if I end up having a 3rd surgery

I am 80% certain that I will require another surgery as my right knee is worse now than it was before my 2 previous scopes. I am limping around a lot more now I am now feeling pain and catching at the bottom of my kneecap on the lateral side that has only happened recently.

Sorry for such a long and negative post op!

[email protected]
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 11:04:08 PM by Clarkey »
16/01/18 Anterior interval release, distal patella excision, lateral meniscal repair

Offline Clarkey

• SuperKNEEgeek
25/03/15 8 Months Day 250 Post Op

Time flies by as it is already 250 days post op with only 110 days until my 1st AIR surgery anniversary that's has not been great 'the road not to recovery!' I am ignoring those who pre-warned me against surgery that I am worse off now than I was pre-op to scope #2.

I finally got a letter for a date and time for my MRI scan on Friday April 10th at 7:30pm in the evening last week Thursday 19th March. It good to know I am finally booked in for an MRI that was a 3 week wait last week Friday.

I emailed last week Thursday saying in a polite manner if it possible to book me in for my MRI scan before Easter as I was not at fault for not turning up for the original date 24th February. I said if they cannot at all fit me in before then will accept the 10th April 10 thatís over 10 weeks since my referral on January 28th that I have to say is a very poor waiting time for a standard MRI scan.

With no reply from the hospital since my last email about letting me known of any cancellations think I have to wait till the 10th April for my overdue MRI scan!

I am an easy going, placid and patience individual and now had enough now. I have made some enquires yesterday to pay privately for any treatment with Mr Snow also working in private hospitals.

I was not surprised when the lady that arranges the appointments and prices said she never come across the procedure AIR and will chat to Mr Snow as I made it clear that due to poor aftercare post-op with last two scopes a 3rd one if it needed be a waste of time unless I am given the proper aftercare after AIR surgery!

[email protected]

« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 06:02:07 PM by Clarkey »

Offline Scubagrl4

• Forum Faithful
Hi Nick,
It looks like you are a little over a week away from your MRI.  How long does it take for you to get results after you have it done?  I'm almost afraid to ask.  Sorry I have not been on the site much.  I'm back in school trying to finish my masters degree that was put on hold when I got hurt.  I'm not really ready to be back at it, but would have had to withdraw from the program if I would have waited any longer.  So, between working 50 hours a week, going to PT and school, things have been a little crazy.
How is your mom doing?  Is she moving around a little better after her fall?
Keep us posted on your MRI results when you get them.
6/6/14 ACLr allograft
9/4/14 MUA
10/6/14 LOA/AIR, synovectomy, lateral/medial retinacular release, partial lateral menisectomy, chondroplasty, deep tissue
biopsies.

Offline Clarkey

• SuperKNEEgeek
18/04/15 9 Months Day 274 Post Op

I am finally making some progress with now the long overdue MRI scan out of the way after waiting over 10 weeks for my MRI scan! It was done last week Friday 10th April @19:30. I was the last patient of the day so did not have to wait too long and was even called in early.

It has been very frustrating that I was booked in for February after missing my 1st MRI scan as I was never told about that delayed the MRI scan even further back. I would say the bottom of my right knee pain wise is worse then it has been before scope #1 and #2 and can see swelling at the bottom.

What I find difficult is trying to squat and bend my right knee and end up using just my left knee that then becomes painful as I am putting all the weight and strain onto it! Running is never going to happen and walking at a quick pace cannot be achieved, limping if I try to speed up my pace.

My mum and I have been under immense stress and anxiety! It is not because of our knee problems after her fall and ending up in A&E that she thankfully recovered ok from her fall while getting the house ready to put onto the market. Her knee injury and cleaning paid of in a more positive manner, she managed to sell her house for the asking price in 1 week after being put up for sale.

After living in the City of Birmingham December 1978 all my life and my mum since December 1976 in the same region we are relocating to a much more tranquil laid back lifestyle in a the county of Worcestershire in the small Spa Town of Droitwich. It suits us both as I already got friends in that region and volunteer for additional needs groups. I will not miss living in a big City of Birmingham. 

With my flat sold and my mum house sold as well we have decided to buy a 3/4 bed dormer bungalow in Droitwich Spa and we put in a lower offer then the asking price and was accepted by the vendors yesterday morning. Might be being too cautious with my bad knees and my mumís arthritis in her joints that it makes sense to have downstairs space.

The dormer bungalow is a good size with a lovely south facing garden and will spend some money doing the interior, new kitchen, bathroom, carpets and painting of whole house, it will be my mumís last ever move who deserves to live a nice property in a small town. Can take 8 to 12 weeks to exchange contract then can relax once we have the keys in our hand.

I am already booked into to see Mr Snow on Wednesday 13th May @12pm for my MRI results that's fairly swift for a result, it is usually 6 weeks plus that's just under 4 weeks away till I know what knee problem I am dealing with this time round. I am hoping that he does spot something that is not right on my MRI scan as there is pain for a reason and hope he can do something to ease the knee pain.

I will be honest I am now getting frustrated by my whole ongoing right knee problems, I am not phased by a 3rd possible scope it the not knowing if my knee will become worse, improve or remain the same as I still would like to run again some day long distance.

I will see what the MRI scan comes up with and confident he will spot a problem again as the knee pain worse then it was this time last year 3 months pre-op!

[email protected]
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 04:12:14 PM by Clarkey »

Offline Clarkey

• SuperKNEEgeek
28/04/15 9 Months Day 284 Post Op

I was not going to post on my diary until after Wednesday 13th May when I finally get to see Mr Snow for the MRI results. Ten days ago after posting on my diary when I was 9 months post op. I was walking down a steep slope when I suddenly felt my right knee give out followed by sharp intense pain at the bottom of my kneecap.

It is now hindering my daily routine as I was able to walk ok with just some pain and discomfort at times with a slight limp. Since my kneecap gave out it become very painful and sore if I try to speed up my walking pace. Going down a slope causes intense pain and now I am hobbling about and can only manage to walk a certain distance until the knee pain becomes too much to tolerate.

I just had a chat to Mr Snow's Secretary and she said will cost £120 to see him for a private consultation. I will only have to wait another 2 weeks to see Mr Snow on the NHS but might not see him is the only downside as I would have more time with him if I see him privately.

I originally wanted to get back to running again long distance and now I want to be able to walking in less pain and discomfort that is now getting to me mentally. I have just started to help out on a Saturday morning autism complex needs group for children aged 15 to 19 and my right knee is now a hinderance in helping out.

I have been waiting for a very long time to get to this stage so the timing of the knee getting worse has come at the worst possible time. I can usually tolerate pain and discomfort to a certain degree but now got to a point that it has become too much for me to endure.

If I had my MRI scan done earlier I may well have already had my right knee seen to and treated! I am now ashamed to be seen in public limping at a slow pace as I am use to a moderate walking pace, is it worth paying £120 to see Mr Snow or remain patcient and wait until May 13th.

I did say over the phone to Mr Snow's Secretary that I will think about it overnight if I should see Mr Snow privately or wait for the originally arranged appointment in 2 weeks time tomorrow. I do not want to give the impression that I am making a big deal about my right knee pain by coming across as a difficult patient for him.

[email protected]
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 05:28:24 PM by Clarkey »

Offline Clarkey

• SuperKNEEgeek
30/04/15 9 Months Day 286 Post Op

Instead of getting advice from KG Memberís that never transpired I rang up my sister who is an NHS orthopaedic nurse down in Suffolk and she said be patience as it is now only another 13 days until I see Mr Snow in clinic on the NHS on Wednesday 13th May @12pm.

I managed to get through this morning to make sure Mr Snow will be in clinic on the 13th May and his secretary confirmed he will be in clinic that day. When I arrive I will make sure I get to see Mr Snow and not his registrar and will ask this request to one of the nurses before hand.

My sister told me not to overdo walking it too much making sure I rest and ice more and take ibuprofen and paracetamol tablets in the evenings before bed time, Making sure I have eaten something to line stomach lining. I have maltracking problems with both knees could well have damaged the bottom of my kneecap and cartilage that common with patients see sees at pre-op clinic that end up needing a mircofracture surgery that have maltracking problems!

My sister suggested using a crutch for now to ease pressure off my right kneecap when walking and I am being too stubborn and self conscious to use a walking aid! I do not like to give in so easily or make it look more obvious I have a knee injury, I hate showing I have a physical health condition.

I now reluctantly drive and then walk a short distance as the knee pain is too much if I walk for too long. I can really feel the pain going down slopes that has never been so bad in all the years I had knee problems. I am more self conscious now in public as it obvious to others I am limping badly and think it is just me that is self aware of my knee problems.

I know the next course of action is a 3rd surgical procedure to my right knee as I remember Mr Snow saying if my knee injury is interfering with your daily lifestyle then itís best that he take a look inside the right knee! I was going to accept that maybe how knee felt 2 weeks ago could live with my right knee injury as I can walk ok and admit in not being able to run again.

Now that has changed and cannot limp and be in pain and if in any way it can be eased then willing to risk surgery again even if I am prone to scarring! I cannot see what else he can do at this stage apart from doing a 3rd exploratory scope.

[email protected]     

Offline Clarkey

• SuperKNEEgeek
13/05/15 9 Months Day 299 Post Op

I have good and bad news about my consultation with Mr Snow earlier on today that is still very much an on-going right knee saga problem. I hardly sat down and was called into the waiting area near to Mr Snow's office 20 minutes earlier than my actual appointment. I was more and less convinced that my MRI scan would show up with a problem as the intensity of the pain is worse than it ever has been before I had my previous two exploratory arthroscopy. The knee pain level was far less back then as my aim was to get back into running again longer distances.

I even took my mum with me to discuss my MRI scan results ready for him to say we have seen a problem and will scope your knee to prepare the damage. I was surprised when he said my MRI scan looked ok and that the bone oedema that showed up in the MRI scan post-op #2 is no longer there so the scar tissue removal was a success. I am not a big fan of MRI scans as only 1 so far out of 4 showed up a problem inside the knee.

Mr Snow is contentious and is taking a conservative approach 1st and said he will booked me in for a CT scan as he now thinks it tracking problems and maybe something wrong inside the actual bone. What he did do straight away was a cortisone injection into the more tender part of the knee on the lateral side along the bottom of my right kneecap. This now makes this my 3rd injection so far over the years I have had on-going problems.

Itís helped slightly that I am now walking with not so much intense pain, itís still there just numbed the pain a little as I am still limping and struggling to walk at an ok pace. The bad news will see Mr Snow for the CT scan results in 3 months that's a long time to wait as it is the NHS. I did make an enquiry how much it would cost privately and a CT scan would cost £550 plus £150 to see Mr Snow privately so a total of £700. Is it worth paying for a CT scan?

Ideally I had it in my mind to be fit again for September to find full time employment in care support work as even now volunteering my right knee is hindering me a lot. I am now getting very frustrated that there no clear problem on the MRI scan as it is not in my head.

I did mention to Mr Snow that 10 days after my MRI scan that my right knee became worse as I was going down a steep gradient when my knee gave out followed by intense knee pain at the bottom of kneecap. I might have small cartilage tear since my MRI scan?

Ideally I would like to opt for a 3rd exploratory scope as I am 100% confident that Mr Snow will spot what's causing the pain and discomfort. I can understand his conservative approach, I now have 2 options to take in to consideration.

Option 1: I pay privately for CT scan and consultation.

Option 2: I risk having a 3rd exploratory scope?

I feel 3 months waiting time is too long, so far I have been extremely patience and cannot wait any longer as it stressing me out now this never ending right knee problem.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I now starting to get paranoid and anxious and with my Aspergerís I have managed well so far and admit now it getting to me mentally. A person with autistic spectrum cannot cope too well with stress and anxiety that has now reached boiling point!

[email protected]
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 04:07:50 PM by Clarkey »

Offline kcknee

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 54
As I wrote to you on my thread, I stopped posting here because I felt all I was doing was nagging at you to slow down, do patellar mobilizations and AF rehab after your last surgery. You didn't want to hear it, and as a smart adult, you don't need any one else telling you what risks are acceptable for you to take with your knee. These decisions are yours alone to make.

However, if you truly want advice or opinions, I will give it. I know that you do not want to accept that at the present you have a bad knee or any restrictions because of it. All of us here whether a past athlete or not, Aspergers or not, college kid or adult, parent or non parent,  do not want to face the fact that we have a bad knee and have restrictions because of it.  It is stressful for everyone. Sometimes these restrictions are just temporary as is the case for surgical patients who have to give repaired tissues and bones time to heal and slowly strengthen muscles again while not causing inflammation or in the immediate period following an injury.. Failure to slow down and allow the healing to occur at the pace that it needs can lead to more permanent disability. "No pain, no gain" is not something that works when your body tissues are healing or trying to heal. If wanting to be better and back to the hobbies and lives we enjoyed worked to speed up healing, we would all be better.

Since your last surgery you continue to push your knee beyond what the pain coming from it is telling you is acceptable. It hurts to walk quickly, then stop walking quickly and get rides, use a cane or a crutch. It can not heal if you continue to inflame it. Stop walking long distances to meet friends, stop gardening when it bothers your knee, stop carrying things up and downstairs and attempting to chase children. Your body is injured, there is nothing to be ashamed of or hide. Let your knee heal from the injury on the slope. Start doing slow stretching and strengthening once the pain is down. Maybe see your PT for his guidance. Forcing an injured leg to keep going past pain is only going to cause more problems.

I would keep the CT appointment, let your leg heal and strengthen it slowly and see what shape it is in when the 3 months are up. I wish you the best Nick, but you have to take responsibility for taking care of your knee and let others know that you can't do activities that hurt your knee. No place you are volunteering would ever want you to be damaging your knee while helping them.

Kristin
12/31/08 - Skiing injury L knee
6/1/09 - ACL stump removed from joint
8/31/09 - ACLr - Hamstring Graft
12/21/09 - Ant Fasciotomy 
8/26/10 - Anterior Interval Release
12/6/10, 5/5/11, 12/22/11 - Fasciotomy
12/7/12 - Nerve Decompression
6/3/13(m), 7/29/13(l), 12/13/13(m & foot) 2/3/14(l) Fasciotomy

Offline Clarkey

• SuperKNEEgeek
14/05/15 9 Months Day 300 Post Op

Hi Kristin,

I was a bit worked up and agitated yesterday as I was shocked and surprised that the excessive scarring had gone and the AIR was successful? I still have my doubts as I never been keen with MRI scans as I only had one positive MRI scan so far out of the four showing unusual edema inside the knee. It's no longer white in the area that was white before scope #2.

The inflammation of my fat pad and medial plica never showed up before pre-op to scope #1. In the end my OS went for an exploratory scope pre-warning me do I still really want to risk surgery! I took a gamble and it paid of in the end.

Kristin you are spot as I fully admit I did neglect my recovery after my AIR surgery I did not do many patella mobilisation and even did one legged squats on one leg after misunderstanding my NHS PT instructions who should have written it down or did a print of PT I am allowed to do. Then the intense private PT session made it worse that Mr Snow was not impressed about.

Many member on KG that have also had AIR surgery that religiously do PM and friction massage therapy that I never really did as I found it difficult to do on my own with no PT had AF come back again! So to get away without excessive scarring does really surprise me that I think the MRI scan has not picked it up on it this time round, which is why I have been booked in for a CT scan.

Do CT scans pick up scar tissue and cartilage tears as I do feel strongly that something is still not right inside my right knee and confident a 3rd exploratory scope would show up a problem as it has done in the last 2 ops as my knee pain is worse then it ever had been.

It is good that you have made me finally see sense and I like to make sure others are ok and that I come 2nd even if I know I making putting too much strain on my right kneecap. I do not like to admit it or show that I unable to do certain tasks. I did a sensible option this morning ringing up the manager of the autism charity shop for children that I get on well with saying I cannot make it in tomorrow need to rest my knee after having had a cortisone injection.

I will still help out at the Saturdays complex needs group for children with autism aged 14 to 19 just give the right knee 48hrs mostly rest. I not been had a diagnoses of ADHD but been told I may have it mildly as I find it hard to sit down and keep still have to be physically active as much as I can manage with my bad right knee that I can now see was the wrong decision to have opted for.

May sound silly and childish I thought I was invisible and that I would get away overdoing it and only happens to others continuing problems with the knee or knees! My mum even told me not to run so far and silly to ignore the knee pain while running and she was right and needed a 2nd scope.

I like to put others 1st and myself 2nd as when you see older kids that are none verbal and need help with their personal hygiene you do not think about my right knee problems as they are more important to help and support.

[email protected]
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 04:08:54 PM by Clarkey »

Offline Vickster

• Administrator
  • SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 379
  • Neelie knee!
Nick,
I agree with Kristen. If Mr Snow thinks it may be a maltracking patella, while you are waiting for the CT scan, go to see a physio to get an assessment of the muscle balance and alignment in your lower back, hips, backside and all the way to your feet.

This will be a much better use of £500 than paying to speed up the scan in my view. 3 months isn't long in reality and gives you time to work on your muscles.

Drop Mr Snow a line and ask if he can recommend a physio, perhaps one at the private hospital he practices at. They will then have direct access to him if questions arise about your case
Do not rush into surgery
Good luck :)
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 07:44:38 PM by Vickster »
Came off bike onto concrete 9/9/09
LK arthroscopy 8/2/10
2nd scope on 16/12/10
RK arthroscopy on 5/2/15
Lateral meniscus trim, excision of hoffa's fat pad, chondral stabilisation
LK scope 10.1.19 medial menisectomy, trochlea microfracture, general tidy up

Offline Scubagrl4

• Forum Faithful
Hi nick,
I'm glad you got your MRI results even though it has just led to more questions. I think vickster and Kristin have both given you great advice. I know you are in pain, but you will want to be as strong as possible going into another surgery anyways, so working on a good rehab program while you wait would not be a waste of your time. Plus, this would help you establish a good routine that you could use coming out of surgery if it happens. That way, you would be less likely to fall back into your old bad habits. Surgery won't do you any good if you don't rehab the right way.
Please take care of yourself. We all want to see you come out of this on the other side of injury with a pain free and functional knee....unfortunately, that may mean finding a way to be patient with yourself and your body.
Hugs
6/6/14 ACLr allograft
9/4/14 MUA
biopsies.

Offline Clarkey

• SuperKNEEgeek
18/05/15 10 Months Day 304 Post Op

Thanks Vickster and Scubagrl4 for your recommendations. I agree with all 3 of that whatever happens in the future with regards to having surgery or not it always a good idea to do regular PT muscle strengthening exercises.

Having stronger quads is beneficial in general and if my knee still giving me pain and discomfort and have done all the PT I have been told to and might need a 3rd scope I have a good routine pre-op and post-op   that I can continue in my recovery as Scubagrl4 has suggested.

I have already got a date for my CT scan result with Mr Snow on Wednesday 12th August @11:30.

While waiting for my CT scan and consultation I will do regular private PT sessions that I put on hold for the time being as my mum's buyers exchange of contract signing is happening tomorrow and will soon be living in the Worcestershire Spa Town of Droitwich.

Once I have unpacked and settled into the new dormer bungalow will pay to see a physio at the Droitwich Spa Hospital where Mr Snow also works at, this will be more local and convenient for me and have savings to pay for private treatment if it's required or can use NHS choices of private hospitals. The hospital is registered under for NHS patients so be more sensible to go there in future.

[email protected]
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 04:13:24 PM by Clarkey »

Offline Vickster

• Administrator
  • SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 379
  • Neelie knee!
Sounds sensible Nick.  Contact Mr Snow's private secretary at the hospital and ask for a recommendation of who he think sit would be best for you to see as all physios have their specialisms

Hope it all works out for you :)
Came off bike onto concrete 9/9/09
LK arthroscopy 8/2/10
2nd scope on 16/12/10
RK arthroscopy on 5/2/15
Lateral meniscus trim, excision of hoffa's fat pad, chondral stabilisation
LK scope 10.1.19 medial menisectomy, trochlea microfracture, general tidy up