Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Nick's FatPadTrim, Medial plica/Distal patella excision, AIR x2, LMR 3in1 Diary  (Read 282503 times)

Offline kcknee

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 54
Re: Nick's Medial Plica Excision & Fat Pad!
« Reply #1080 on: September 03, 2013, 07:28:34 PM »
I looked around the internet the other day, but could only find the botox intra-muscular injection actual procedure described for children with cerebral palsy. There was mention in one article that general anesthesia was used on the child and then the muscle that was to be injected was electronically stimulated. Ultrasound was then used to guide the injection.

If you are awake for the procedure, it should be relatively quick and pain-free. I have never had botox injections into my muscles, but have had 18 gauge needles stuck many times into the muscle compartments with saline injected to measure the pressures. If local anesthesia is applied deeply, there is not much pain at all. The only one time ever that it was brutal was when a new Fellow did the testing and that session started with him asking where the other doctor usually stuck the Stryker needle in my leg and then had him feel my leg as he tried to remember the names and locations of the muscles to be tested - any doctor skilled in the procedure will make it at worst only as painful as getting an IV, if you feel any pain at all after the local is given. I have had the EMG testing several times (stimulates muscles and associated nerves), and while it is not pleasant, 99% of the testing did not approach the level of pain.

Good luck.

12/31/08 - Skiing injury L knee
6/1/09 - ACL stump removed from joint
8/31/09 - ACLr - Hamstring Graft
12/21/09 - Ant Fasciotomy 
8/26/10 - Anterior Interval Release
12/6/10, 5/5/11, 12/22/11 - Fasciotomy
12/7/12 - Nerve Decompression
6/3/13(m), 7/29/13(l), 12/13/13(m & foot) 2/3/14(l) Fasciotomy

Offline Clarkey

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 75
  • Neil TheElephant knee packed up carrying his trunk
« Reply #1081 on: September 04, 2013, 05:12:46 PM »
Thanks for the reply Kristin,

I just have to wait and see what happens tomorrow morning and there a 50/50 chance I may or may not be sedated and will do whatever they chose to do and would think that no sedation is required. I have been under sedation 3 times in my life twice as a child at the dentist for tooth extraction and once in November 2009 for key hole surgery in my right knee so knows what to expect if they chose to sedate me that I hope does not happen as it takes a few hours to get over a GA.

They said on the news today someone had a hip replacement surgery done with a using a spinal injection so silly to sedate a patient for a botox injection into tensor fascia.

Here is what Mr Snow wrote to Dr James to have a Botox injection done.

On Examination: He did have some IT band stiffness and unlike his previous examination Thomas test did appear to be positive, with fixed flexion deformity of the hip.

One potential cause of anterior knee pain in runners, particular middle runners is IT band tightness. There has been some recent good results with Botox injections into tensor fascia lata followed intense physiotherapy during the 3 month window of paralysis in order to try and stretch the IT band. I have discussed this with Nicholas and he would like to proceed.

I am now ready for whatever happens to tomorrow morning should I do what the letter says not food or drinks after midnight apart from water as I think it unlikely will be given a full GA.

[email protected]
RK: PFPS, Arthrofibrosis, Tendinopathy, Five cortisone injections
16/01/18 Anterior interval release, distal patella excision, lateral meniscal repair
18/07/14 Anterior interval release  
16/11/09 Medial plica excision, fat pad trimming

Offline Clarkey

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #1082 on: September 05, 2013, 05:16:21 PM »
Hi All,

I am a too tired to give a full post and update status and did not need a general anaesthetic just a local anaesthetic and had 3 Botox injections in total into the top part of my leg just below the hip joint into the tensor fasciae latae muscle. Early rise and lack of sleep is the reason I am tired as I was worried not knowing what procedure would be given till I saw Dr James that I will explained in more detail tomorrow.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tensor_fasciae_latae_muscle

[email protected]
16/01/18 Anterior interval release, distal patella excision, lateral meniscal repair

Offline Clarkey

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #1083 on: September 06, 2013, 03:56:06 PM »

Hi All,

Yesterdays Botox injection went smoothly and arrived at the Day Case Unit just after 7:15am that was already fairly busy with patients and their relatives. I stuck to what was said in the letter no food and drink after 12am and only clear water up to 6am that I thought was odd just for a Botox injection to be given a general anaesthetic that I knew was unlikely but was mentally prepared for in case they did and know what it feels like after my exploratory scope in November 2009 going under a GA.

I was 1st met by the anaesthetist in one of the offices and was talking about surgery and told him I only having a CT guided Botox injection into my right knee that was mentioned on my covering letter.  I asked him do I need to go under a GA and said it unlikely just for an Botox injection and suppose he there on standby in case something happened while having the injection and needed to be sedated.

I then saw Dr Steve James in another Office and told me what he is going to do and that I will be given a local anaesthetic and will not be given a general. The needle would be inserted into the tensor fascia lata and would be given a Botulinum injection and the needle is similar to those used for dry needling (IMS) small and thin and would be given 3 injections in total and then the Botox would be injected. 

I then felt a lot more at ease and more relaxed knowing I would be awake during the whole procedure. I was with my Mum in the waiting room area that had only just been newly refurbished 3 weeks ago and the some of the staff were not too familiar yet with the new layout that use to be the outpatients department before the new one opened and is now the reception area for the ADCU (Admissions and Day Case Unit)

A Nurse then called me into another office and took my blood pressure, pulse and temperature and asked me a series of pre op medical questions and then left till I was called in by Dr Steve James.

I had to wait till around 10am before I was called into ADCU and had to go into a cubicle and get undressed into a theatre gown and wear surgical pants as I did when I had my right knee scoped. I then was taken by a wheeled bed to the Radiology Department the opposite end of the Hospital and the man that took me there was very friendly and chatting to me. Why I had to be wheeled in as I could have be walked or taken in a wheelchair as it might look odd if I walk in bare feet with a theatre gown through the hospital.

I arrived at the Radiology and X-ray Department and the head nurse said why I was sent from the ACDU as I could have turned up at the Radiology and X-ray Department instead as I could have got changed there instead and they admitted that they sent me the wrong department letter. This would have stopped me from worrying about maybe having a GA if they sent me the right department letter.

I once again was met by the anaesthetist and was friendly and easy going and if the worse case scenario was to happen needed a GA I would feel fine safe under his watchful eye as he came across in a positive way. I walked into the room where the CT machine and told to lie down with my leg facing the CT scanning machine and there was a picture of palm trees on the ceiling to look at that I found relaxing. What I did not like was the anaesthetic machine on standby that was turned on and must be a standard procedure they go through.

Dr Steve James came into the room with two colleagues and he 1st had to leave me alone for about 10 minutes to scan the top part of my leg to establish were to inject. When he came back into the room he put a cooling liquid just below my hip and some sort of padding over the region to be injected and not sure what it was exactly as I could not see a thing what he was doing. He told me I would be given 3 injections that felt very similar to dry needling with Dr Brown and could feel the needles go in and felt brief intense pain and after sticking 3 needles into the tensor fascia lata he finally injected the Botox. It was all over and was taken out of the CT Room at the waiting bay till I was pick up again by the very nice porter.

I was taken back to one of the wards and was once again had my blood pressure, pulse and temperature and was monitored for around 15 minutes and was give a cup of coffee and two slices of toast. The medical team were excellent and friendly and felt very much at ease. I left just after midday with a slightly saw hip.

I am now waiting for an appointment for some intense physiotherapy at the hospital and hope it solves my right knee problem and can run long distance once again.   

[email protected]

Offline Clarkey

• SuperKNEEgeek
Re: Nick's Medial Plica Excision & Fat Pad Trim 'Ongoing Saga'
« Reply #1084 on: September 12, 2013, 12:00:15 PM »
Hi All,

It has been week since having the Botox injection in the tensor fascia lata and the Hospital should have arranged an appointment to have some intense PT sessions and not come back to me yet. I am not happy at the way the ROH is managed in Birmingham as it is not the fault of the staff and medical team it's lack of communication that's the problem that I witnessed at 1st hand last week when I had my Botox injection.

They should have sent me to the Radiology Department and ended up at the opposite side of the Hospital at the ACDU and had to be wheeled in by a Porter as I was in a gown so could not really walk and could have been pushed in a wheelchair rather than on a trolley bed. This could have all been avoided if they sent me to the Radiology Department as I could have got changed into the gown and walked a few yards into the CT Room to have my Botox injection. After the injection I more and less had to tell the Nurse word from word what I had done and that I now need to be booked in for PT and even admitted that she did not know what was going on as the Hospital has been fully refurbished 3 weeks ago and are still having teething problems.

I was then taken back by the Porter to the wrong Ward twice that was not his fault as he was told to take me there and even made a joke about the whole situation saying it like a comedy sketch from a Carry On Film and he is not a mind reader to know which Ward to take me to.

I am now waiting for PT and will once again have to catch up and ask why I not received an appointment yet as I needed PT straight away within a week after my Botox injection. It should really have been arranged before the injection and may have to complain once again as they should have got it sorted out by now after botching up my last appointment a few times.

My right knee and hip is now worse rather than better and knew I will get some bruising along the bottom of my hip and painful twinge in my hip. My knee is still swollen at the bottom of the kneecap and painful still to run and walk fast as straight away feel pain as well as shooting pain from my knee to the top of my leg so would like my right knee further investigated with more direct treatment around the knee rather than the hip and muscles.

I am not sure if it worth having an MRI scan at this stage as the last one I had a few years ago showed up no problems with the structure of the knee until I had an exploratory scope done and then found and fixed the problem there and then. This time last year I was running long distance competitively at an average pace of just under 7 minutes a mile and doing a 9 mile circuit 3 times a week in just over an hour.

Do you think I have myself to blame for my present right knee problem by overdoing it by running too much as the warning signs were there and did at times get sharp pain in my right knee while running and thought nothing of it at the time as I presumed it normal to get knee pain while running long distance.

I been told by a few people that maybe should consider no longer running long distance as I will only end up making my knee even worse having PFS does not make things ideal but I am sure I can manage around my PFS and still run at a competitive level once my Mr Snow sorts out my right knee. I consider my knee problems minor compared to others as they can still run ok after LR, TTT and microfracture surgery and even see runner's twice my age running still and I am nearly 35 and feel like an old man not being able to run and even getting a frosty reception from Droitwich Running Club making me feel like I am overreacting with my knee injury when I would love to run with the Club and cannot as I my right knee hurts too much and would not be able to keep up with the members when going for a run so why force my knee through. A Running Club should understand my situation better as it not my fault I have knee problems and should not make me feel small and worthless.

Sorry to moan just missing my running and the cock-upís of trying to sort out my right knee using the NHS. The Nurses and Doctors have been fantastic at the Birmingham ROH and have nothing against them it's the Management at the Hospital that needs to be sorted out properly so the staff have less pressure on their workload.

[email protected]

Offline Clarkey

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #1085 on: September 19, 2013, 03:44:21 PM »
Hi All,

I have finally got a PT appointment next week Tuesday 24rd September at 2pm once again at the Birmingham ROH. It's nearly 3 weeks overdue and hope the Physio I see is good and can give me a good workout to stick to. I also go swimming 4 times a week as well as going to the gym.

When I did my Gym induction the man that showed me how to use the equipment told me to check 1st with My OS before using the treadmill, cross trainer and rowing machine. I still cannot begin to run as I am still getting pain and tightness at the bottom of my right knee that's swollen at the bottom and seeing no improvements since my Botox injection in fact I feeling more pain at the top of my leg were the injections were given and maybe just a little sore and tender still and should improve over a period of time.

I was a really competitive long distance runner last year and my best time was 14.54km in 59.43 under an hour 9 miles and can see this in my running statics in the link below. Click on 2012 December for the stats.

http://www.runtastic.com/en/users/nick-clarke-3/sport-sessions

I do not mind admitting its getting me down now as I was so close to doing my very 1st half marathon and then fell on black ice 6 weeks before taking part and had to pull out and was gutted at the time as I prepared myself all autumn and winter and then slip on black ice walking. I could have made a very competitive time if it was not for my fall!

I could see how PT goes 1st and feel more investigation is required at this stage by going back to Mr Snow for another review.

[email protected]

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
« Reply #1086 on: September 19, 2013, 09:02:31 PM »
Why even Think of investigate more in the knee Before doing the PT ? I Believe you need to be patient and let this take the time it needs to take. Running right now would be to make it worse. Nick, you need to take this slow. An injury no matter take often lots more time to fix and heal then we Believe.
I know running is a big part of your Life. But Nick keep in mind it's better for you to go through Everything propertly and be able keep up the running when you later on start off then get more problems and have to stop again. Good luck with your PT session. /Nettan
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline Snowy

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 93
« Reply #1087 on: September 24, 2013, 01:53:55 AM »
Nettan is right, Nick - you need to give PT a chance before you think about having further surgery on your knee. Remember that each surgery, even an exploratory scope, is a very invasive procedure that will take much longer to recover from than your recent injections. Your OS recommended the injections combined with PT, and you're only halfway through that process. Give the intensive PT a chance before rushing into another surgery.
Mar 11: R Biceps femoris tear (skiing)
Jul 10: ACLr (hamstring autograft)
Mar 10: L ACL rupture (skiing)
Feb 06: L partial ACL tear (kickboxing)
Dec 03: R bone edema (motorbike)
Jan 01: R patellar chip (motorbike)
May 93: R ACL sprain (hockey)
Ongoing: bilateral PFS and OA

Offline Clarkey

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #1088 on: September 27, 2013, 03:36:26 PM »
Hi Nettan & Snowy,

Maybe I did not word my last post properly and been misinterpreted and was not indicating I want to have a 2nd exploratory scope on my right knee just more direct treatment around the knee. I was even told by Mr Snow that he may give my right knee a cortisone injection that what I meant when I said another review on the right knee.

I have been a member on KG for nearly 10 years and my right knee feels worse off then it was before my last surgery back in November 2009 and have had swelling since at the bottom of my right knee since January 2013 and if PT is such a miracle cure then OSís would be out of a job and have done manual labour for 13 years walk regular ran regular before my fall and swim 3 times a week so would say I do my fair share of a good workout on my quads as well as now going to the gym weekly. If you bang an already delicate knee that has had one scope and 3 direct heavy falls eventually my right knee wont be able to take many more injuries.

What did not help was that I had to cancel this weeks PT appointment as I was helping a friend in need that has Autism and Bipolar by giving his parents a rest bite who only 19 and the next one is Thursday 10th October. I understand where you both coming from and take your advise on board I just feel I need direct action around the right knee and even my Private PT warned me that the amount of running I did could damage my both knees with the hard pounding on concrete cannot be good for a healthy knee.

I agree I only want a scope done as the very last option and an injection might give my right knee the helping hand it needs. Also need to get it sorted before I find a job full time in supporting children at a specialist school and do not want to waste valuable time having PT and find the knee still the same then have more direct courses of treatment. I need to be fit in my job and if I unable to run and find my right knee does not like squatting and kneeling and leaving it untreated could make my right knee injury worse so maybe a MRI scan might reveal something as I do not want to be told if we got your right knee sorted out earlier you could have avoided permanent damage that cannot be fixed fully now.

Now I am out of work studying Functional Skills in Maths and English and Childcare Level 1 in Worcester 3 times a week now would be the ideal time to get my right knee sorted out properly and if you know the NHS as I do their PT Department is basic and dated and only trust Russ my PT who charges £25.00 then relying on the NHS who have fantastic OSís but seem to cut back on the PT team making it as basic as possible by just giving PT exercises to do while Russ does ultrasound and massage therapy, friction massage etc as well as giving me good tips to strengthen my quads.

[email protected]

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
« Reply #1089 on: September 27, 2013, 10:26:52 PM »
It sucks Nick but sometime no matter what they do, we still can have to live with dodgy knees that can't take running and maybe they hurt on Daily basis. No OS is a perfect one who can fix Everything.
I'm even in wheelchair nowadays due to the knee injury and aftermatters from my kneeinjury I had in 1997. I have had numerous surgeries and other treatments on that knee.
Running is making Heavy impact on the knees. Maybe even it's time to look for some other sports you can do as there are so many different out there.
I would definately reconsider that Nick. You know that I have long experience myself with knees and as you have been trying with this knee so long you have to start thinking to be the most careful of it as you can. You need it for many years in your Life.
All the best to you. /nettan
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline Snowy

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 93
« Reply #1090 on: September 29, 2013, 06:04:46 AM »
if PT is such a miracle cure then OSís would be out of a job and have done manual labour for 13 years walk regular ran regular before my fall and swim 3 times a week so would say I do my fair share of a good workout on my quads as well as now going to the gym weekly

It's absolutely true that PT can't fix everything, but *good* PT is a very different thing than just being fit and having strong quads. A proper PT program is about identifying very specific exercises that target specific muscle groups to address imbalances in muscle strength in the leg, which you've mentioned previously that you have (tight IT bands, for example). And it's far from a miracle cure - it requires a knowledgeable physiotherapist to come up with a program, along with the determination to stick to it on your part. Good PT is a slog, often a very boring one, that takes time and commitment.

I struggled for over ten years with imbalance and maltracking issues that left me unable to walk down stairs without severe knee pain. I went to three different physios in the UK who all focused on general strengthening and when it didn't help, recommended a referral to an OS for surgery. Due to the wait lists I didn't get to an OS in the UK, but when I was referred to one here he immediately told me that surgery was not the right answer and sent me to a Canadian physiotherapist who specialised in knee problems. That PT took a totally different approach and by following his exercise program, I was able to resolve 90% of the long-term issues with my knees. Even with the curve ball that was the ACL rupture, today I can run up and down stairs comfortably at full speed and I never would have believed that possible five years ago.

Which is not to say that your knee issues can definitely be cured by PT; I've just noticed that you tend to be sceptical that it can help, which I think is understandable when you've had unsuccessful PT in the past. But with the right physiotherapist it absolutely can be a cure for imbalance and maltracking issues, even on knees that have dealt with substantial injuries in the past, and it's not a good idea to assume it will fail before having given it a committed try. It's also not a quick fix, so you need to be prepared to stick to any program for months rather than weeks to know whether it's going to be a success. I know that you're an extremely determined person, so I'm sure that working on a daily physio program is something you'd be more than able to take on.

A cortisone injection is anti-inflammatory, so it offers short-term relief by reducing the inflammation in your knee that causes pain. It's quick and easy but doesn't do anything to help the underlying problem, so when it wears off there's a good chance you'll find yourself back in the same place. PT is slow and requires commitment, but if it's done right it actually looks to address the underlying issues and stop them recurring. I think it's wrong to describe PT as a "waste of valuable time." Pursuing further diagnostics like an MRI is a good idea, as it would give you more information about what's going on with your knee. But don't dismiss PT out of hand without having given it a fair try, especially since your OS recommended it as the best option.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 07:06:29 AM by Snowy, Reason: »
Mar 11: R Biceps femoris tear (skiing)
Jul 10: ACLr (hamstring autograft)
Mar 10: L ACL rupture (skiing)
Feb 06: L partial ACL tear (kickboxing)
Dec 03: R bone edema (motorbike)
Jan 01: R patellar chip (motorbike)
May 93: R ACL sprain (hockey)
Ongoing: bilateral PFS and OA

Offline Clarkey

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #1091 on: September 30, 2013, 02:50:20 PM »
Hi Nettan & Snowy,

Thanks for your advice and guidance and now admit that I may or may not be able to run competitively again & have myself to blame no one else for running such long distances on top of the manual labour I have been doing since I was a young children always busy in the garden and even back then I would over do things carrying something that was too heavy.

I will see how PT goes 1st and surgery is not always the best option to go for having said that if PT has failed and my right knee not improving I am willing to risk a 2nd scope as I would still like to be able to run for Droitwich Athletics Club again as I enjoy the exercise and the company from the members as they often do social events together so like to still be part of their group.

I do know that I am putting myself at a higher risk of maybe needing a TKR at a reasonably young age and might not happen for a while or it might suddenly take its toll and my knees cannot take much more. I get a lot of enjoyment out of running long distance and would be very hard decision to stop totally.

I hope I did not offend anyone with what I said I just thought it would never happen to me that my knee problems would catch up with me or did not want to admit it.  KG and its members have been every so helpful guiding me through the highs and lows of general knee problems.

Once you have PFS does it stay with you for the rest of your life and have to look after the knees more carefully and are you at a higher risk of having to have a TKR as you reached retirement age. I would still love to do a Marathon one day that can still happen if I look after my Knees properly and do all the warm up and stretching before a run and the same after a run that I never did and now paying the price.

Russ my PT told me to invest in good quality pair of custom made orthotics that can cost up to £350 is it worth saving up for and would be beneficial for me as I getting a mixed response some say go for it others say do not waste your money.

[email protected]

Offline Clarkey

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #1092 on: October 10, 2013, 04:24:02 PM »
Week 1 Physiotherapy:

Finally got to see a Physio on the NHS this morning and got on well with him who is around the same age as me in his 30s and did a good assessment and analysis of my knee History and current knee problems. What he has advised me to do does sound promising and as I thought I do have good strong quads from all the past running as well as going swimming and the gym.

My leg and quad muscles are just very tight and knotted and can release some of the tention by doing some stretching exercises to do at home that I will be doing twice a day and will see how I progress and maybe can do some running short distance depending on how I get on with the PT.

I have to go back to the Birmingham ROH once a week to see my PT and have to say he is ok for a NHS PT and did a good assessment and take my word back that NHS PTís are not as good as private. I can now save my money and not have to see Russ my private PT who still fantastic and has different idea he thinks I could benefit from a good quality pair of orthotics.

The PT I am seeing right now said there is no need to have any and also Mr Snow said the same. As long as I have got a good quality pair of running trainers should be just as good with less impact on the joints that cannot be totally avoided even with orthotics or a good quality pair of running trainers that will just prolong the wear and tear.

I now agree that PT will do the trick hopefully and have no more appointments to see Mr Snow in his office, my new PT has written what to do that I will type out and share another time. At least I am now getting my right knee finally sorted as well as the left knee at the same time as the muscles are also tight and knotted just not as painful and swollen as my right knee.

Why is the pain and swelling at the bottom of my right knee if it ok, that to me indicates a problem with the right knee and do admit to overdoing things a little and now paying the price and hope it just needs some good stretching exercises.

[email protected]
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 05:06:35 PM by Clarkey, Reason: Change title to Week 1! »

Offline Clarkey

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #1093 on: October 17, 2013, 05:04:20 PM »
Week 2 Physiotherapy:

I saw my PT again and asked me to show him how I have been doing my stretching. I did the standard stretching ok but not the ITB Stretch correctly as I did not have my leg straight enough. I have now got it and doing it correctly.

He did say I have good strong quads from the running I have been doing and just have very tight muscles that once loosened should put less strain on my right knee and left and feel less pain, hopefully can run again soon. What I have is a common problem among long distance runners, so hope he is right and PT does the trick.

Tightness in the muscles can really put a large strain on the knee hence the pain and swelling and would be great if I am able to run again before Christmas that my PT thinks could be achieved.

I was even realaxed when he examined my right knee as we talked about the courses I am doing and the Worcestershire region and Droitwich that many Brummies escape to. His parents are living there and a lady I met at the PT Gym last week where I rent my flat out said her neighbour has moved to Droitwich.

I already have lots of friends in the Spa Town and locals are friendly to me. Once I find full time employment helping and supporting children with mental health related conditions will move there as well.

Birmingham is getting more rough and congested and rather live in a smaller community.

Exercises:

Standard Stretch:

Take your right heel to bottom
Stand up straight point knee to floor
Hold for 15 seconds, 10 times

ITB Stretch:

Square to bed
Take right foot over to left
Keep leg/knee relatively straight
Take leg/knee relatively straight
Take outside leg to the bed
Hold for 15 seconds, 10 times

Repeat same process with other knee.

Twice a day.

[email protected]

Offline Clarkey

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #1094 on: October 24, 2013, 04:42:24 PM »
Week 3 Physiotherapy:

My PT seems to be doing its trick and when I saw my PT today he said my knee is less tensed then before so my stretching exercises are working.

He has also suggested I buy what is called a sorbothane that basically a cushioned insole that costs between £10 to £20 that will hopefully reduce my right knee pain.

I can start to run at a slow pace twice a week 2 to 3 miles and see if my right knee holds up ok. If it hurts after the 1st step or while running after a while at a slow pace then should stop.

As long as I do my stretching before and after a run should not be as painful. I am not sure if I can run up to 3 miles straight off not because of my fitness level it the knee pain and swelling at the bottom of my right knee that concerns me.

I will do a slow jog on soft surfaces in Droitwich next week and see how my right knee reacts that surrounded by countryside.

My PT is really good as he gives me good advice and guidance and easy going to chat to as he show interest in his patients asking about my courses and wanting to become a support worker for children with autism.

[email protected]