Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Nick's FatPadTrim, Medial plica/Distal patella excision, AIR x2, LMR 3in1 Diary  (Read 281498 times)

Offline kingofleon

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: Nick's Fat Pad Saga!
« Reply #585 on: December 03, 2009, 06:28:23 PM »
mate take the time of you have the right too, your boss has not had a knee op if he did he would be of the man needs a slap i would bring my limp leg up and slap him for you ......i think cause you did this face book thing he got you bang to rights .....if you bugger your knee up cause of your boss i would sue there arse s they have or he has no right  end of

rest the week end   cheers you

paul

Offline Clarkey

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 75
  • Neil TheElephant knee packed up carrying his trunk
« Reply #586 on: December 04, 2009, 01:56:34 PM »
DAY 19:

Last night had a good evening at the golf club even with the presents of my Boss and was ok to me and enjoyed a lovely christmas meal but could not dance at the disco set up because of my right knee. Its become worse again and when I sat up with knee 90 degrees it started to hurt and feel tight and uncomfortable. I went to work this morning with a really sore knee and told them I cannot really work so in the end told the deputy head cannot work anymore as knee become too painful so was sent home at 9am.

My Boss is away today playing in a greenkeepers comp on another golf course but he did tell me if your knee starts to hurt you can go back home so took what he said and went back home. He did not say yesterday no you cannot take a day off as a holiday but said you dont want to use your holidays up and insisted I stay at work. He has not been bad all the time as I was allowed to rest knee half an hour before lunch and 1 hour before we finish work but was still on my feet for the majority of the time and now worried might have done some new damage inside the knee.

It now hurts when I bend my right knee and feel catching again on lateral side of my knee and hope its just the swelling and will go down when iced and rested over the weekend. I should never gone into work this week but find it hard to stand up for myself due to my aspergers so felt I had to go back to work so I dont fall out with my Boss. Knee feels just as painful as it was the day after surgery and hope I not done some long term damage.

Nick :) {2009} :)
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 12:53:11 PM by Clarkey »
RK: PFPS, Arthrofibrosis, Tendinopathy, Five cortisone injections
16/01/18 Anterior interval release, distal patella excision, lateral meniscal repair
18/07/14 Anterior interval release  
16/11/09 Medial plica excision, fat pad trimming

Offline kingofleon

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #587 on: December 04, 2009, 06:53:42 PM »
......10 MIN ICING MATE .....    ANY LONGER YOURS VEINS GET SMALLER IN YOUR KNEE STOPS BLOOD PUMPING AROUND PT TOLD ME THAT ...DONT THINKYOU HAVE DONE NO DAMAGE BUD JUST BE SORE IT TAKES A WHILE FOR THE KNEE TO HEAL REST UP WHEN YOU CAN....

Offline Clarkey

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #588 on: December 05, 2009, 12:52:10 PM »
DAY 20:

Yesterday phoned up my psychlogist andf told him what happened at work with my Boss and told me it was wrong of him to make me come into work and should arrange to see my GP to asked for another weeks sick leave. He told me thats I should not have been at work under a GPs sick note as it illegal for me to come into work and if it carries on the way it is, not getting on with my boss! told me he would help me find a new job.

I then rang up the surgery and managed to get an appointment at 5:30pm on the same day and saw the GP in charge of the whole practice he not the most understanding out of the GPs based at practise but as long as my knee painful and swollen cannot go into work. When I saw him told him the situation and about my boss making me go into work this week even with a sick note from my GP and asked what golf club I work at. I told him knee more painful and swollen so asked how long I want to have off work and told him a week for now and see what knee like at the end of next week. He never even looked at my knee which I thought he would do as the other GP did last week who I prefer so might book to see him next week as he the one that signed me off sick this week so wont be happy that I was made to come into work.

Knee more swollen and painful this morning and ice it as much as I can and rest it up, my mum went to my work this morning as my boss was in as I wanted my sleep at 7am and my mum wanted to help me out so handed it in sick note and my boss had not phoned me up yet so wont contact work next week. Its his fault I got even more time off work as if he let me rest my knee this week may well have been able to work this coming monday but now knee got worse so cannot go.

Now some happy news to report my mum spoke to my sister this morning and she thought it would be a good idea if I was to have my own cat in my flat and should go to the local animal shelter and try and find a suitable cat. I always been fond of cats since I was a kid and have had 3 cats at my parents old house but all got killed on the main road by the house.

The RSPCA Centre opened at 11am so got there before it opened and when the door was open we could look at all the cats. I found 2 cats I liked that are use to staying indoors but when I told them live in a flat said they cannot allow me to have a cat. Then another staff member told us there is a house cat in another section thats been living indoors all its life which was abandoned by its owner so would be more suitable for me so went to look at it with my mum and its a black and white female cat who is 3 and a half years old called Taff. She was a bit shy and timid but she was purring towards the end. We then saw another cat with only 3 legs that only can be an indoor cat but it put me off just with 3 legs and I am sure she will find a new owner.

I filled in a form and have to wait for an inspection of my flat during the next couple of days by one of the staff from the RSPCA and sure my flat suitable as it has large rooms and big windows. If I past the inspection will have Taff before Christmas and really looking forward to having a companion in my flat as it can be lonely at times being stuck at the flat during the dark winter months.

16/01/18 Anterior interval release, distal patella excision, lateral meniscal repair

Offline suehaem

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #589 on: December 05, 2009, 10:22:45 PM »
HI Nick,

Lovely idea having a cat, they are good company and someone to talk to LOL

All the best

Sue
 ;D
North Wales
Fall from horse 04/04
Arthroscopy 27/07/07 -Grade III debridement
Re-injured knee running 1/03/08
Arthroscopy 11/10/08 - Grade II debridement
09/03/16 Fracture fib sking damage to knees
31/05/16 Grade 4 Chondromalacia and patella tilt (R)
17/11/16 Need new knee cap (L)knee
Awaiting Arthroscopy 2018

Offline TwoBadKneesUSA

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • No matter how bad it is, my dog still loves me!
« Reply #590 on: December 07, 2009, 01:53:57 AM »
Nick Ė Great idea to talk to your psychologist.  He is right, legally your boss cannot make you work if you have a note from the doc.  A cat sounds wonderful.  Pets can sure help you feel better especially when you are feeling down.  My cat will sit with me and take naps with me when I am not feeling well.  They really seem to know when we need them.  I hope you can get Taff to keep you company.   They donít take as much care as a dog and can manage while you are at work.  Good luck with getting your new cat.  I sure hope the three legged cat gets a new home for Christmas.

Milly
'83 lt knee scope
'88 lt knee LR
'89 rt knee LR (6 mos. after left)
'05 rt knee scope (clean up)
7/5/07 - scope, LR left, right clean
3/19/08 - LR failed, Supartz failed
http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/index.php?topic=47974.0
8/21/08 - new OS apt
8/5/09 - TTT, LR, PFJR sched.

Offline Clarkey

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #591 on: December 07, 2009, 01:30:59 PM »
DAY 21:

Yesterday had a relaxing day iceing and putting my leg up but still hurts to bend 90 degrees and is pretty swollen from going into work when I had a sick note to cover me. People say it will improve but to be honest it has got worse since last week from going back to work and feels just as bad as it was a day after surgery so not happy about it.

DAY 22:

I made sure I did not go into work this morning and my Boss has so far not rang me up which is a good thing as he cannot force me to work as he contributed to my knee becoming worse by making me work last week. Knee still swollen and hurts to bend was improving as well till I was made to go back to work last week.

I am getting the flat ready for the inspection to have Taff who I have renamed Ellie thats the same name as Lenore's cat and think its a lovely name to call her. I hope I pass the inpection and can enjoy Ellie's company.

Offline Clarkey

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #592 on: December 08, 2009, 10:48:28 AM »
DAY 23:

Yesterday I booked to see my GP for tomorrow at 9:10am as the GP I saw on Friday is as useful as a chocolate tea pot and does not have a clue how to treat his patients. He never examined my knee and had to ask me how long I want off work when he shoud be the one who decides that. It was a emergency appointment so had no choice but to see him. The GP I will be seeing on Wednesday was the one that signed me off sick last week so he will not be happy when I tell him I was made to come into work by my boss which has made my knee even worse.

My GP is new as my old GP left in May that I have known since I was a kid and wish he was still working at the practise as he would complain to the golf club for making my knee worse. I will also see my physio and psychologist on wednesday in the evening so will be able to discuss work and my knee and see what they say.

Knee going to take a while to improve as its still just as swollen and hurts when I bend it 90 degrees and have to be careful getting out of the car as I get sharp pain in the knee while stepping out of the car so even driving can be bad for the knee so rubbish what my boss said if you can drive you can work.

Offline TwoBadKneesUSA

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #593 on: December 09, 2009, 02:41:13 PM »
Nick,

I hope you can get the kitty, she will be good company I think.  I think you are right about work aggravating the knee.  It will get better again, but just takes time.  I am not so good at being patient either.  It is your bosses fault you are now off longer as he made you go to work.  Heíll just have to get along without you until you are well enough to go back.  I just have to ask when your boss got his medical degree?  Fat lot he knows about it.  Anyway, take it easy and donít forget to keep the knee moving even if it hurts.  Donít over do, but keep up the heal slides etc. 

Milly
'83 lt knee scope
'88 lt knee LR
8/21/08 - new OS apt

Offline Clarkey

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #594 on: December 10, 2009, 01:46:48 PM »
DAY 24:

Yesterday was a busy day for me 1st I went to see my GP that I see regular about my knee at 9:10am and he has signed me off sick until 29th December when I go back and see Mr Green then he will decide what to do next. I told him was made to work last week and now knee become worse and told me as long as your knee is swollen and painful you cannot do my type of work. I asked him if my Boss is awkward about my time away from work would he be able to write a letter to the golf club and said he can so that for me if I give him the go ahead.

I then went to the other side of Birmingham to see my Physio at 5:15pm but when I arrived no one was there so looked at my text message from him and was today so had to phone him up and ask for a day appointment as I cannot make it for todays appointment and can see my on Monday morning. Just as well I got there at 5:15pm as my psychologist Barrie turned up at 6pm and thought appointment was at 7pm so just as well I phoned him up to see what time appointment was.

DAY 25:

The knee still hurts when I bend it 90 degrees and hurts to squat and cannot kneel down, its improved slightly, its still swollen and delicate and cannot walk at fast pace and still limping. I am having a flat inspection today at 4pm to see if Ellie is suitable for my flat but certain it will pass inspection and hope she can move in by the weekend.

Offline TwoBadKneesUSA

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #595 on: December 10, 2009, 06:50:31 PM »
Nick,

Glad your GP is keeping you off work for a while.  I think you really had to ask way too much of the knee.  I don't think you did any lasting damage, just a set back.  Ice and elevete often and keep it moving.  Good luck on the inspection and I hope you will have your kitty soon.   I think the ROM will get less painful as the swelling goes down.  Hope the GP told your boss how wrong he was.

Milly
'83 lt knee scope
'88 lt knee LR
8/21/08 - new OS apt

Offline suehaem

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #596 on: December 10, 2009, 08:54:42 PM »
Hi Nick

Take is easy with the knee you don't want to over do it.  I would avoid trying to kneel and also squating as you won't be doing yourself any favours so early on.

I'm now over a year since my second surgery and I still can't kneel and must admit wouldn't want to either  :o  also my PT told me to avoid it as well.  Take things slowly, don't rush things.

All the best.

Sue
 ;D
North Wales
Fall from horse 04/04
Arthroscopy 27/07/07 -Grade III debridement
Re-injured knee running 1/03/08
Arthroscopy 11/10/08 - Grade II debridement
09/03/16 Fracture fib sking damage to knees
31/05/16 Grade 4 Chondromalacia and patella tilt (R)
17/11/16 Need new knee cap (L)knee
Awaiting Arthroscopy 2018

Offline Clarkey

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #597 on: December 11, 2009, 02:43:01 PM »
DAY 26:

I handed in my sick note this morning to the general manager and not my boss as I was worried by his reaction and he did not say try and come into work if you can he just acccepted the sick note. I just hope I can go back to work in the new year as if I dont he will discuss what the next option would be which may be replace me with another Greenkeeper until I am fit to go to work again.

It hurting more today as its been cold and foggy all day and find it still too painful to kneel down so no improvements so far. I am now wishing I did not have the surgery as I was cautouse about having it done in the 1st place and as you may remember kept on changing my mind if I should go ahead with surgery. I am on statutory sick pay so dont get the full pay and have a mortgage, house and car to run so could do with going back to work but my GP advised me not to so must do as he says and not do the opposite and start work too soon.

Now for some happy news I passed the flat inspection and Ellie moved into my flat this afternoon and she lovely she purring away and rubbing against me and seems really happy. I am so happy I was allowed to adpot her as she seem like a lovely cat and look forward to her company during the next couple of years. Ellie  just over 3 years old so should live a long life as house cats live longer then outdoor cats.

Offline TwoBadKneesUSA

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #598 on: December 11, 2009, 03:03:36 PM »
Nick,

Try not to worry about the knee.  Hard to do I know.  You really aggrivated it having to work on it too soon.  I've done similar things in the past, so I understand.  Give the knee time and try to rest it as much as you can.

Give the cat a pat for me.  She sounds lovely.

Milly
'83 lt knee scope
'88 lt knee LR
8/21/08 - new OS apt

Offline Clarkey

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #599 on: December 12, 2009, 02:22:13 PM »
DAY 27:

Milly I am sure knee will be fine just takes time to heal up again, knee still swollen and painful to bend 90 plus degrees and might be seeing my Physio on Monday morning but he has not contacted me yet so do not know what time the appointment is. The annoying thing is that the left knee still plays up at times and can live with the way it is but if it causes more problems in the future might need treatment but hope it wont come to it as the left knee maltracks more then the right but cannot complain as other members on this board are worse off then me.

I feel bad not being able to go back to work and feel useless at the moment and walk worse now then I did before my scope. I thought I would have recovered from my surgery by now as I know a guy at the gym who was back at the gym 2 weeks after his surgery. Phil Tuffnel on Strictly had a small meniscus tear fixed and was danciing again 6 days lator and I cannot even begin to start building up my leg muscles at the gym because knee too swollen and painful.

What really cheered me up is Ellie at my flat she so comforting and lovelly and likes a lot of fuss and purrs away but sometimes she bites my hand but she just playing as its not a hard bite that draws up blood she just in a playful mood. She is well house trained and uses the litter tray but will invest in a scratching post at my local pet shop who will order one for me on tuesday as she scratches the rug at the moment. Sometimes when I have her in my arms she digs her claws into my clothes so gets stuck and can be hard to get her claws out of my clothes and she get distressed but cannot do much about it unless I go to the vets and get her claws clipped every couple of weeks.