Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Nick's FatPadTrim, Medial plica/Distal patella excision, AIR x2, LMR 3in1 Diary  (Read 299283 times)

Offline TwoBadKneesUSA

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • No matter how bad it is, my dog still loves me!
Re: Nick's Fat Pad Saga!
« Reply #390 on: April 08, 2009, 09:13:49 PM »
Hey Nick,

Glad you have the appointment so soon.  Sorry today was a bad knee day.  Hope tomorrow is better.  Has the weather been any good for working on your allotment?  I keep waiting for some decent weather to get the leaves out of my garden.  No veggies in it though, just flowers.

I sure hope your mom's ankle is feeling better soon.  Ligament injuries are quite painful and seem to take a while to get better.  I hope she is remembering to elevate it and ice it when she can as well as giving it a good rest when possible.  I would think that if it does not feel much better or at all worse, she should go have it looked at.  They may just say it needs more time, but you never know.  Does she have crutches to get around with?  Did she get a splint for it at all?  My daugher recently spained her ankle pretty good and she said is felt better with the splint on.

Keep us posted on the appointment.

Take care,
Milly 
'83 lt knee scope
'88 lt knee LR
'89 rt knee LR (6 mos. after left)
'05 rt knee scope (clean up)
7/5/07 - scope, LR left, right clean
3/19/08 - LR failed, Supartz failed
http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/index.php?topic=47974.0
8/21/08 - new OS apt
8/5/09 - TTT, LR, PFJR sched.

Offline Clarkey

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 75
  • Neil TheElephant knee packed up carrying his trunk
« Reply #391 on: April 09, 2009, 03:54:16 PM »
Hi All,

I had a better knee day today but knee problem is still there and glad I going to see Mr Green 2 weeks today and should have done it months ago rather then wating time seeing Alexander who handled my knee problem very badly and hope Mr Green does find a knee problem and can fix it for me and send a letter back to Alexander and Mr James and Mr Hussain telling them I do have a knee problem and its not in my head.

Thanks Milly for your relpy maybe I am boring the other regular posters on my thread as I thought I would get congratulated in getting to see a OS as good as Mr Green. I have not posted on their threads for a while as I have been too busy on my thread and another thread on general section as I am helping out this guy from my area to see Mr Green and limited on internet use so thats the reason I not posted on Kitsty's Lenore's Nevella's and Farrah's threads so understand why they dont want to post on mine.

I will have time lator on to post on other members threads and sorry for not being able to post sooner. Sorry as well if I seem too pushy saying why no ones replied to my last post about getting a date to see Mr Green but is the best news I had in 18 months with regards to my right knee and like your thoughts as it really makes me feel a lot better knowing I got all your support since my fall and all know its a knee probllem and its not in my head as many people seem to think.

My appointment letter will arrive in the post within the next few days and got through to Mr Greens secretary very quickly and she was very helpful when I phoned up the NHS they dont answer the phone during office hours at times. I just wish I listened to you guys and never saw Alexander and went to my GP sooner. I will try and ask Mr Green if its possible to get the NHS to pay for appointment as they handled my knee problem very badly. Another good thing the 23rd April is St George's Day the patron saint of England so all in all will be a positive day for me.

Nick :) {2009} :)
RK: PFPS, Arthrofibrosis, Tendinopathy, Five cortisone injections
16/01/18 Anterior interval release, distal patella excision, lateral meniscal repair
18/07/14 Anterior interval release  
16/11/09 Medial plica excision, fat pad trimming

Offline lenorem9

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #392 on: April 09, 2009, 04:10:02 PM »
Hey Nick,

We still read your posts just don't allways have time to reply.  I commented congrats on your FB page.  I'm on there a lot more. 

Can't wait to hear what he says and does.  Good luck.
07/07  Injured @ Taekwondo
11/07  ACL allograft, Posterolateral corner recon
01/09  Scope for scar tissue, notchplasty
02/09  Diagnosed w/arthrofibrosis/IPCS
04/09  Scope for scar tissue, lateral/medial release
05/09  MUA
11/09  Scope for scar tissue, chondroplasty
Learning to "live with it"

Offline MartinsGirl

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Live, love, laugh!!! Life is amazing!!
« Reply #393 on: April 12, 2009, 06:50:33 PM »
maybe I am boring the other regular posters on my thread as I thought I would get congratulated in getting to see a OS as good as Mr Green. I have not posted on their threads for a while as I have been too busy on my thread and another thread on general section as I am helping out this guy from my area to see Mr Green and limited on internet use so thats the reason I not posted on Kitsty's Lenore's Nevella's and Farrah's threads so understand why they dont want to post on mine.

Nick, as Lenore said, we always read everyone's threads, but we just dont' always have the time to reply. Even though I can now get KGs on my cell, it takes a long time to type on my keypad, so I like to wait until I have a nice hour or more at home to sit at my laptop and properly type out replies.  Why on earth would you say/think that we don't WANT to post on yours? And sort of saying it's maybe b/c you haven't had time to post on ours? Or that you're boring, etc. Not true.  I haven't even been posting on my regular Facebook groups this past week (I'm in a couple of photography groups, etc, but I haven't been on there for more than a few mins at a time...just to update my status or quickly write back to somebody on their wall).  And, as I have always done, if I'm super busy, I just write a general message (checking in) on the Lenella thread. A few of us do that.  so please don't take it personally if not many people reply to your thread in a few days, k? I think this week has been super busy too for a lot of people. I'm just always on the go too (if you look at my Facebook statuses, you'll see that I've been non-stop all week and weekend).

Anyways, I'll go read the rest of your updates. But just realize that even if people can't always reply, many of us still DO read your posts, k?

Happy Easter! :)
-July '07-soccer injury
- microfracture of the tibial plateau
- arthroscopy in Oct. '07 (remove torn cartilage and repair microfracture)
-developed AF but beat it (avoided surgery)
[img width=200 height=136]http://dl6.glitter-graphics.net/pub/504/504056crsfyif

Offline MartinsGirl

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #394 on: April 12, 2009, 06:55:32 PM »
hi Nick,

I just scrolled back one page and a bunch of us (myself included) DID congratulate you when we heard that your GP would finally let your see Dr Green. You had made a post that after 18 months of waiting you're finally gonna see Dr. Green. And a few of us were so excited and congratulated you. So, i think your post after that told us the exact date. 

I'm glad your appt is so close.  And just remember that a lot of us DO care :) Just look at the comments on page 26 of your journal :) We just didn't re-comment after you gave the exact date (but we all knew it was coming soon, since you said---at least to me--that once you got the GP referral, it wouldn't be a long wait. so we were all super excited and congratulating you around April 7th after you told us you were gonna see Green, but just didn't know the date). take care!
-July '07-soccer injury

Offline TwoBadKneesUSA

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • No matter how bad it is, my dog still loves me!
« Reply #395 on: April 13, 2009, 03:07:26 PM »
Hi Nick,

Like Nevella says, we may not have time to always post, but we try to keep by reading.  I think you are going to be pleased with the OS appointment.  You sound very positve and excited and we have not seen that too much lately.  I'm very glad you can see the doc you want to see.

As for myself, I've spent the last 4-5 days trying to remove a nasty virus from my family PC.  It's a nasty booger too.  Keeps wanting to recreate itself.  I've run out of things to try so will be getting in touch with some other computer geeks and get more suggestions.  I don't want to reformat the hard drive again.  We just put the new on in around Christmas (the old one was going bad from our power issues, old house too many things on, poof out go the lights.).  It's such a pain to reinstall everything.  Files are mostly backed up, but hate to fight with the iTunes and purchased music.  So I've not been on for a few days.

Good luck with your appointment, keep us updated!  I am still  trying to fit in a bit to get a facebook going.  I've got one on myspace, but have not touched it in months.  I am going to delete it and try facebook instead.

Milly
'83 lt knee scope
'88 lt knee LR
'89 rt knee LR (6 mos. after left)
'05 rt knee scope (clean up)
7/5/07 - scope, LR left, right clean
3/19/08 - LR failed, Supartz failed
http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/index.php?topic=47974.0
8/21/08 - new OS apt
8/5/09 - TTT, LR, PFJR sched.

Offline Clarkey

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #396 on: April 14, 2009, 07:28:54 PM »
Hi All,

I am bit tired this evening as I started my part time job as a gardener at my golf course and been working from 6am to 5pm but pleased with what I have done so far. Did 2 extra hours gardening and the edging shears where blunt so gave up and will use another pair next time I am gardening.

The letter from Birmingham knee & Shoulder Clinic arrived in the post this morning and its now less then 9 days away till I see Mr Green 23rd April 5pm at his consultation room that in my old School building that closed down and now part of the hospital so be cool to see what they done to my old school building. I may sound mad when I say this but would be annoyed if Mr Green told me knee is fine and cant help me what I want him to say is you do have a knee problem and may need an injection or a scope at this stage at least then there some hope to the end of my knee saga.

I still get family and people on KG saying wait and see what he says and seem very sceptical about when I mention possible surgery or an injection. What else can Mr Green do at this stage when conservative treatment has not helped sort out the knee problem. As I said before its now affecting my performance at work and at home and getting pain on the medial side now as well as lateral which did not happen at start of injury it was just the lateral side.

I got a list of symptoms and how it affects my daily life to show Mr Green and think when he looks at my list will take action and offer me treatment. Tell me what else can be done at this stage as people keep saying wait and see when I mention surgery or an injection and would expect to have one of those options at this stage as it will be 18 months since fall this Sunday and getting worse by the month and not better.

I am sorry if I jumped in saying no one replies to my thread was just expecting too much that day when I got the date to see Mr Green. I know you read and support me since day 1 of my injury and thank you for it and it was Easter week so many of you are busy with your families.

I saw on letter today from the Clinic that there are 2 other recommended OS's that work for the NHS as well as private and listed on KG list of OS's.

Mr. Duncan J.A. Learmonth
Mr. Samir N. Massoud

IF I need a scope I dont mind if Mr Green passed it onto one of the above OS's as they just as good as Mr Green and work with him at his clinic.

16/01/18 Anterior interval release, distal patella excision, lateral meniscal repair

Offline lenorem9

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #397 on: April 15, 2009, 09:46:12 AM »
April 23rd is coming up quick Nick.  That's great you are finally seeing Dr. Green.  I can't wait to see what he says.  I'm wishing you a very thorough exam with lots of good information.  You should see a big difference between the exams you've had in the past and an exam from a professional like he sounds.  Good luck and let us know how you make out.

Meanwhile don't overdo the gardening.  It's hard work on your knees.
05/09  MUA

Offline UK Girl !

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #398 on: April 15, 2009, 08:28:49 PM »
not long now Nick ! you got your appt on my sons 19th birthday !

just out of interest - do you take painkillers or anti inflammatories?

I think that if your knee is bad like this you shouldnt be taking on more work - you need to give it time to recover! Maybe it just needs a holiday !!

My daughter gets her arthroscopy in may - torn cartalidge and poss acl recon- she just got the date so that has come in really quickly thank goodness! - she cant work with it as it is.

take care
anje
1978 - ruptured acl and all cartalidge removed.
several debridements over years
TKR 10TH JULY 2006 http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/index.php?topic=28257.0  Aug 07 patellar maltracking - more physio! Still pain - but so much better !
BIOMET AGC  TKR  (with 10 yr warranty !)

Offline Clarkey

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #399 on: April 16, 2009, 03:52:10 PM »
Hi All,

I just got a phone call from Mr Green's Secretary this afternoon and told me that my MRI scan from the NHS has arrived at Mr Greens Office so can see what he thinks of my fat pad problem on the scan. I think my right knee becoming worse as its more swollen and now feel pain at bottom of kneecap when sitting on the ride on mower at work and sometimes while I am driving this never happened as much before so I want it sorted out when I see Mr Green and want some form of treatment as this stage.

Anje I dont think my right knee will get better with rest at this stage its needs more then rest and is starting to annoy me not being able to run and increase in pain. I feel sorry for your daughter with her knee problems at such a young age must be a nightmare to get knee problems while you are young. I no longer take pain killers or anti inflammatories but should now knee more swollen. Happy Birthday to your son next week Thursday, nice date to be born on St Georges day.

I hope at last I get offered some form of treatment if he says live with knee problem will ask for a refund but think Mr Green will offer me some form of treatment.

Offline MartinsGirl

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #400 on: April 16, 2009, 09:37:12 PM »
Hey Nick,

Sorry your knee is bugging you more and more.  But that's great to hear that Green got your MRI stuff. So now he has a few days to look them over.

I'm sure he will have a plan for you (i.e. a way to get you better).

I hope you manage to enjoy your evening, despite the knee woes.  Only 1 week until you see Dr. Green. Yay!!!
-July '07-soccer injury

Offline lenorem9

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #401 on: April 17, 2009, 05:21:29 PM »
I'm surprised they aren't doing another MRI Nick.  Wasn't that one from like a year ago? 

Good luck with Dr.Green.  I can't wait to hear what he says.  You must be getting excited about the visit.

05/09  MUA

Offline Clarkey

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #402 on: April 18, 2009, 10:24:14 AM »
Hi All.

Less then a week now till I see Mr Green and excited but at the same time worried incase I do need a scope as I am worried and nervous as I never had surgery before and never wanted to be faced with it for as long as possible who knows may not need a scope but cant see what else can be done at this stage apart from an injection. I think I have got fluid inside the knee and thats why the swelling wont go away, well know I have fluid around the fat pad from MRI scan from last year.

Lenore Mr Green may well do another MRI scan but not had the chance yet to have another one or he may want to look inside the knee and will know on Thursday what he decides to do.

MartinsGirl its always nice to see another member on my thread and agree Mr Green will sort out my knee problems. Lol just been told by Kirsty on FB that its Nevella with a new name, I never you you could change your name without having to sign up again.

I worked 12 hours at work yesterday 6am to 6pm and was edging the flowerbeds for my part time job after work and felt pain on lateral side where I feel the catching so cant do my work now without feeling pain so glad I am seeing Mr Green this Thursday.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2009, 10:36:40 AM by Clarkey »

Offline Clarkey

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #403 on: April 18, 2009, 04:22:12 PM »
Hi All again,

I just found a new problem with my right knee just been to my allotment got back home had a shower when I got out looked how swollen my right knee is compared to left knee and poked the area that swollen the most on the medial side and its really sore and tender to touch and was not like this a few days ago. When Alexander examined my knee it did not hurt at all, its towards the bottom of the knee on the medial side thats most swollen and now sore right on the side of the kneecap right where tibia meets kneecap so I am pleased I am seeing Mr Green on Thursday as my knee just about had enough of not being treated and expect at least an injection in that area to reduce the soreness I am feeling.

Incase I am not on the internet tomorrow its will be 18 months to the day since my fall and because I waited so long to get to see an OS my knee has had enough and thinks its high time I get treatment. I am not a person that normally worries over health problems but feel I have a reason to be cheesed off by the way I been treated by the NHS its made my knee worse because they could not be bothered to do something about my knee.

Suppose I should rest and ice the knee as I am overdoing it with this extra gardening job I did yesterday and maybe should reduce the high level on the cross trainer on the gym to a lower level. Need a slap on my hand really for overdoing it with my knee injury  ::)

Offline UK Girl !

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #404 on: April 18, 2009, 06:19:52 PM »
Nick

you really must rest that knee - anti inflammatories on a regular basis as well for them to have an effect. There is no point in keep overdoing it and not giving it a chance to get better and then moaning about it being worse/complaining about the NHS for making it worse by the wait - The cross trainer and your jobs quite obviously irritate it so you have to sometimes help yourself a bit and give your body time to try healing itself.
I know you won't like what I have said but it is important.
If you get a scope you WILL have to give it good recovery time! You are quite entitled to have time off sick for this.

Be very aware also if Mr Greene wants an MRI as a private patient you are gonna be paying big money for it.

Take care and rest it up !
anje
1978 - ruptured acl and all cartalidge removed.
several debridements over years
TKR 10TH JULY 2006 http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/index.php?topic=28257.0  Aug 07 patellar maltracking - more physio! Still pain - but so much better !
BIOMET AGC  TKR  (with 10 yr warranty !)

support