Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Nick's FatPadTrim, Medial plica/Distal patella excision, AIR x2, LMR 3in1 Diary  (Read 301884 times)

Offline MartinsGirl

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • Live, love, laugh!!! Life is amazing!!
Re: Nick's Fat Pad Saga!
« Reply #240 on: February 22, 2009, 12:29:42 AM »
Hey Nick,

If I won just a few million, I'd pay to send you to see Noyes.  But if i won $48 million, you'd better believe i'd hook up all of my KG friends on a nice tropical island.  Martin would come too, since he has had knee problems in the past, but never needed surgery.  He has patella femoral syndrome on his right knee.  He did physio on it and stayed off if it and it has been fine ever since (this was about 18 years ago). So yeah, I wouldn't even think twice before using any winnings to help my KG friends (yourself included :D).

I'm not super familiar with NHS, but yeah perhaps since you're not on crutches, they might not think you to be an emergency case. But who knows. You won't know until you try, right?

anyways, i just popped on here quickly to check up on my friends. I'll check back tomorrow. take care!
-July '07-soccer injury
- microfracture of the tibial plateau
- arthroscopy in Oct. '07 (remove torn cartilage and repair microfracture)
-developed AF but beat it (avoided surgery)
[img width=200 height=136]http://dl6.glitter-graphics.net/pub/504/504056crsfyif

Offline lenorem9

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #241 on: February 22, 2009, 01:31:41 AM »
Nick, don't put up with the pain.  You know your knee isn't right and you need to be strong for your job.  Just think how good it would feel to be able to run again some day.  That should be enough motivation for you.
07/07  Injured @ Taekwondo
11/07  ACL allograft, Posterolateral corner recon
01/09  Scope for scar tissue, notchplasty
02/09  Diagnosed w/arthrofibrosis/IPCS
04/09  Scope for scar tissue, lateral/medial release
05/09  MUA
11/09  Scope for scar tissue, chondroplasty
Learning to "live with it"

Offline Clarkey

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 75
  • Neil TheElephant knee packed up carrying his trunk
« Reply #242 on: February 22, 2009, 09:26:14 AM »
Hi All,

Nevella would be cool to see Noyes if I had the chance at Lenore did as we both fat pad twins and he would do something to help me out but know just as good OS at Droitwich Knee Clinic and think he German and I am half German because my Mums German and know he very good it fixing knees.

Lenore you right I love to run again but cant see how at the moment as I worried the OS I will see will say knee normal and he cant help me out. I just have this feeling he will say it and would make matters worse for me as the people who say knee problems are in my head will say told you your knee ok and its all in your mind. That what bugs me the most if the OS says knee ok and cant help so may see this OS at Droitwich Knee Clinic and try and do what Allie did get the NHS to pay for the appointment.

My last day at Jinny's House and leave this afternoon to head back home and enjoyed my stay there and sorry to be leaving so soon, but all good things come to an end. I hope to see my Cousin in Germany in May so got that to look forward to.

Nick :) {2009} :)
RK: PFPS, Arthrofibrosis, Tendinopathy, Five cortisone injections
16/01/18 Anterior interval release, distal patella excision, lateral meniscal repair
18/07/14 Anterior interval release  
16/11/09 Medial plica excision, fat pad trimming

Offline Silkncardcrafts

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 6
« Reply #243 on: February 22, 2009, 10:21:07 AM »
Hi Nick,

I agree with Lenore, you need to do something about your knee before it gets any worse.

Can you speak German since you have it in your family ?

Hope you get something sorted out soon.
11/1996 - RK LR
07/1997 - LK LR
11/1998 - LK MPFL Reco
12/2005 - RK LR Repair
07/2006 - LK MPFL Repair
11/2006 - LK LR Repair
22/05/08 - LK Trochleoplasty
11/02/10 - RK Trochleoplasty
07/03/11 - RK Chrondroplasty

Offline lenorem9

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #244 on: February 22, 2009, 11:54:42 AM »
Nick, if you go see Dr. Green who is supposed to be one of the top guys there he is not going to tell you it's all in your head.  You have MRI's showing problems and you clearly have problems with pain.  Think of it this way, what do you have to lose by going to him? 

Sorry your time with Jinny is coming to an end.  She sounds like such a great sister.  I'm so glad you have her for support.  Hope you have a great trip back Nick.  Please don't drive so fast.  It doesn't get you there much faster and it isn't worth the risk. 
05/09  MUA

Offline Clarkey

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #245 on: February 22, 2009, 01:26:36 PM »
Hi All,

I hope the letter arrived when I get back to my flat this evening from the hospital, if it not here by monday morning will phone the hospital up. Maybe its best to get an appoiment soon my knee may get worse if not treated soon as Lenore and Kirsty pointed out.

Yes the MRI scan did show up fat pad problems and might be seeing Mr Green and hope he can sort my knee out. Cannot speak german but my 6 sisters can speak a bit of german. Driving back now to Birmingham enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Nick  :) {2009} :)
16/01/18 Anterior interval release, distal patella excision, lateral meniscal repair

Offline MartinsGirl

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #246 on: February 22, 2009, 09:41:06 PM »
Hey Nick,

I hope that you get home and find the letter waiting for you.  If not, please please go down to the clinic and seek answers. They can't keep you waiting. You've waited 16 months so far (dealing with your injuries), and so it's ridiculous for them to make you wait and wait and wait for a simple letter, ya know? You know now from Lenore that if you wait too long, your knee could get worse.

Nick, do you have good flexion? I forget if you said you have full flexion or not.

By the way, i speak a bit of German! My parents put my sister and I in German school on Saturdays when we were kids, lol. Just for a year. Then i took German in grade 11 (it was my highest high school mark. 97%!). And I took it for one year in university. I'm rusty now, but can still say a few things to get by if I go to Germany, hehe. My brother and I have always loved learning new languages. I'm fluent in French (obviously, lol, since I teach it), and then i speak a bit of German. My brother is fluent in French and very good at Mandarin. I also learned a bit of American Sign Language. I just think languages are so fascinating :)

I'll check back tomorrow, k? take care :)
-July '07-soccer injury

Offline lenorem9

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #247 on: February 23, 2009, 08:17:32 AM »
Oh sure, use me as the bad example Nevella...Lenore waited too long and look what happened to her.   Just kidding.  I knew what you meant.  It just sounds funny when I read it. 

Nick, you've already said you want to be able to run again.  You can't even walk as fast as other people and it effects your job every day.  How much more incentive do you need?  Your knee is making a huge impact on your life and you shouldn't put up with it!  There!  That's the last lecture I'll give.  It's your life and only you can decide how hard to push to get your knee health and life back again.
05/09  MUA

Offline Silkncardcrafts

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #248 on: February 23, 2009, 10:59:16 AM »
Hi Nick,

Am curious to know if there was any letter for you when you got back.

Agree with Lenore, do yourself a favour and get your knee sorted. You've put up with it for too long. Don't let your family influence you on not getting advice now. Up to you, but it's affecting your life too much and need it to be addressed now.

Good luck !
11/1996 - RK LR
07/1997 - LK LR
11/1998 - LK MPFL Reco
12/2005 - RK LR Repair
07/2006 - LK MPFL Repair
11/2006 - LK LR Repair

Offline Clarkey

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #249 on: February 23, 2009, 11:44:30 AM »
Hi All,

Phoned up the Hospital this morning and spoke to Alexander's Secertary Anita who said that Alexander is in clinic at the moment and will try and get him to phone me back up on my mobile but said he might be too busy to ring me up today. Anita did say that my medical notes about my knee problems are in his tray but not got round to reading up my notes yet so may be in the process of arranging an appointment.

I think I am being too layed back about my right knee injury as it is affecting my daily life when you get people twice my age walking faster then me and really miss not being able to run. Only yesterday when I went for a walk around my neighbourhood after the long drive back from Jinny kept on getting pain towards the bottom of the knee right by the tibia. Its is failrly swollen the bottom part of the knee compared to the left and now get pain on both sides of the kneecap so suppose its getting slowly worse and you are all right in suggesting to get it sorted out sooner rather then lator as its gone on for long enough now.

Typical no letter this morning and knew the letter would not arrive and if I did not phone up would have waited even longer as Alexander has my notes but thinks I not a priority so not bothering to read them up to set up a date to see him. Maybe he was going arrange an appointment this week as he has been very good to me so far unlike the last OS I saw who was useless.

Offline Silkncardcrafts

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #250 on: February 23, 2009, 10:19:04 PM »
Hi Nick,

Are you going to make an appointment to see your GP to get a referral ? By doing that at least you will be able to get the ball rolling.

Did Alexander ever call back ?

Hope your knee isn't too bad today.
11/1996 - RK LR
07/1997 - LK LR
11/1998 - LK MPFL Reco
12/2005 - RK LR Repair
07/2006 - LK MPFL Repair
11/2006 - LK LR Repair

Offline MartinsGirl

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #251 on: February 23, 2009, 11:25:08 PM »
Oh sure, use me as the bad example Nevella...Lenore waited too long and look what happened to her.   Just kidding.  I knew what you meant.  It just sounds funny when I read it. 

Nick, you've already said you want to be able to run again.  You can't even walk as fast as other people and it effects your job every day.  How much more incentive do you need?  Your knee is making a huge impact on your life and you shouldn't put up with it!  There!  That's the last lecture I'll give.  It's your life and only you can decide how hard to push to get your knee health and life back again.

Ahahaha!!! OMG you had me laughing out loud Lenore.  Now that I re-read it, it DOES sound funny. Ooopsies! But I'm glad you know what i meant. You're too funny (and I'm glad you can laugh about things right now. I love u!!!).

Good lecture. I think Nick needs to continue hearing them until he gets some answers :)

So, Nick, if Lenore stops lecturing you, I'll start.  As your elder (yes, I'm a year older than you, mister!), I am wiser than you and so you must heed my advice (lol, ok. I couldn't even keep a straight face while typing that :D). Anyways, yeah, you're young and you cannot run.  I keep forgetting that. I remember how frustrated I was when i could not run. This is affecting your job and your every day life.  Don't make me come over there Nick and open a can of you-know-what (just ask Lenore and she'll tell you that I mean business!! >:( ;D).

I hope you get some answers this week. And if that means going down to Alexander's office, then so be it. Please please please, dont' be too nice, k? you shouldn't still be waiting so calmly for this letter. How long has it been??

but, besides that, I'm very glad that you've joined us on KGs. I admit that when Lenore first told me about you, I was like "what? you have a fat pad twin? But what about me???", but I quickly got to know you and can see why she thinks of you as a little brother. You're awesome!!

ok, that's all for now. Bye everyone!!!
-July '07-soccer injury

Offline allie

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #252 on: February 24, 2009, 02:40:16 PM »
Hi Nick
I have pm'd you- please check your messages!

Allie xx
Pre 1992 Repeated dislocations both knees
1992  bi Lateral Release
2007 dislocation left knee
Dec 07 dislocation right knee
May 08 arthroscopy and MUA
Jun 08  achillies tendon surgery
Jun 09 arthroscopy and MUA
Jul 09 discharged from physio- not working
Jul 09 still on crutches (18/19 months)

Offline Clarkey

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #253 on: February 24, 2009, 04:28:30 PM »
Hi All,

I never got a phone call from Alexander this morning and did leave him the right mobile number and has my landline number if he cant get through to my mobile. I thought he would at lease ring me up before he goes into clinic as he done in the passed but for some reason he left me out this time.

I could ring him up again and leave a message on the answer phone as I did the last time and tell him my knee getting worse and would like to see an OS as soon asap as its been over 16 months since injury and starting to affect me mentally as well as physically.

My flexion is good since going to the gym so got no problems with that just cant run or walk fast which is now becoming annoying. There still some swelling at the bottom of kneecap and still get pain on both sides of the kneecap but feel it more on the lateral side.

Allie you said try and avoid a scope if possible on my PM but tried all the conservative treatments osteopath, PT, ultrasound and insoles and all not helping. Not tried accupunture yet but cant see it being a cure just eases the pain and reduces the swelling a little. Been going to the gym for 8 months now and not really helping solve my knee problems.

I dont care now if they did a scope whats there to lose, carry on living in pain and discomfort and never being able to run again thats giving in to the people that say the problem in my head. The catching on lateral side is not nice at times with the pain and discomfort I feel so clearly something wrong inside the knee and feeling it more the last few months. I think a scope of the right knee would make the people thinking problem in my head, realise I have got a bad knee after all.

I know people and seen pro footballers on TV and even the Queen having a scope and they been ok after with no long term damage. Most sports men and women can return to sports after a scope and would not have been able to without a scope. I would be annoyed if the OS said to leave knee as it is, I would rather he get to the root of the knee problem even if its just a bit of surgery there nothing to lose as it cant make my knee problems worse then it is now.

Offline lenorem9

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #254 on: February 24, 2009, 05:08:58 PM »
I totally agree with all that Nick.  So now what are you going to do about it?  Call!
05/09  MUA