Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: 3 years!  (Read 1135 times)

Offline revvickers

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
3 years!
« on: August 04, 2003, 10:08:13 PM »
I tore my miniscus Feb 2000. Since then the surgeon has been 'in' 3 times. The last time (May 2002) he caused a grade 3 tear to the MCL. In the last 9 months it has been injected 4 times with steroid to reduce inflamation. The pain is not as acute but there. Physio on static bike 3 times a week plus stretching every 2 hours.
How should I continue? At what stage do I have to say what I have is what I have?
Has anyone had similar experience, especially the length of time.
:(

Offline Jennie

• Forum Faithful
  • LoveBug
Re: 3 years!
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2003, 05:28:26 AM »
Hi! Sorry to hear of your continuing problems :-/

I had a car accident May 2001 and tore my acl, mcl and pcl, and disclocated my kneecap.

I have had 5 surgeries on my right knee since then, the last one being just 11 weeks ago, and I am still in pain
The longest that I have went without surgery was 8 months in 2 years, and I had all but given up when I had this last surgery and although it has helped alot it still has not solved all of my problems, and now I am at the point of saying this is as good as it gets, and I am just going to have to live with it until later in life when I am eligible for a Total knee Replacement.

So what I am saying is I think its a personal thing of whn each person gets t that point of just living with it, getting it as good as it can get and then just going on with life, as hard as it was for me to admit to myself that I may never be "normal" again its the truth.

Good luck with your knee and know that we are all hear for you whenever you need advice ar just to vent!

Love,Jennie
21 yrs. old..Right knee injury. Ligament Recon 6-21-01, 2 LR's 3/02 & 9/02
TTT 11/08/02, patella and ligament recon 5/03
Recently dx with OA, Having hardware removed and knee scoped on 6/24/04

Offline jathib

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • ACL recon, lateral menisectomy, lateral PKR
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2003, 06:49:11 AM »
I tore my meniscus 30 years ago. I've long since given up any hope of a pain free life. Eventually I'll get a new knee. At 45 my doc says I'm still too young but he recommended an osteotomy. I'm not sure I want to go there either. At this point I figure when I wake up without pain then I must be dead.

Offline dkeeklee

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • User's Text
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2003, 06:51:22 PM »
I had an osteotomy 6 months ago and can tell you it is painful.  You know when the OS says it's a "fairly extensive" surgery it's going to hurt, but I didn't quite realize how much till afterwards.

support