Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Is tendonitis an allergic reaction?  (Read 2105 times)

Offline EricCrake

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Is tendonitis an allergic reaction?
« on: July 06, 2008, 09:26:30 PM »
My nutrionist said that tendonitis is the result of an allergy to dairy. I really dont want to give up dairy if i dont have too, but am willing to to do anything to get rid of knee pain. Is this just a way for nutrionists to make money and sell supplements? Or is this for real? Anybody heard of this?

Offline ATsoccergirl

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
  • Practice safe sports, use an athletic trainer
Re: Is tendonitis an allergic reaction?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2008, 09:32:11 PM »
Simply put tendonitis is an inflammation of a tendon, generally as a result of repitive microtrauma.  It is not, by any means, an allergic reaction to dairy.  Is your nutitionist registered or licensed?  If they are, I would be inclined to report them to their state board.

Ask your nutritionist to show you a peer-reviewed study to validate their claim, I can almost guarantee that there isn't one.
1999 LR, 2002 ACL/PLC recon, reversal of LR, 2004 ACL revision, 2006 Car accident torn PCL and small fractures resulting in bone chips in my knee.  Torn MCL 3 times.  Wicked screws under IT band and Pes Anserine.  June 2008-Hip Arthroscopy.

Offline EricCrake

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: Is tendonitis an allergic reaction?
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2008, 10:59:46 PM »
Ive heard that inflammation is also caused by allergies? I know the swelling from tendonitis is probably more from physical pressure.