Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Sudden pain - please help.  (Read 1486 times)

Offline nobblyknees

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Sudden pain - please help.
« on: July 06, 2008, 03:26:52 PM »
I had a cartliage replacement about 7 years ago now on my left knee,  it was left very badly scared and has always been a bit more lumpy and swollen then my right knee but to be honest it seems to do the trick and though it sometimes gave me gip I never wanted to go back to the hospital because the operation hurt me sooo much...... anyhoooo last night I was getting ready to go to bed and go up out the chair and had a searing pain down the inside of my left knee, I hobbled up to bed  but didn't slepp much last night and was in paid when I straightened my knee, now this morning I cannot walk.  Sitting causes no problem at all and I can bend my knee and flex my toes without pain but when I try and stand and walk I have bad pain on the inside of my knee.  My knee is more swollen then usual.  I hate hospitals (as most of you do) and wondered what people think I should do. 1). Sit there with a bag of peas on my knee and hope every thing is ok for work tomorrow.or 2). Go to the hospital and get it checked. When I try and walk my knee won't 'lock' and feels unsafe to put weight on as well as very sore, do you think it could be ligament trouble?

Thanx in advance for your replies.

Offline UK Girl !

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
Re: Sudden pain - please help.
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2008, 04:09:29 PM »
sorry - how do they do cartalidge replacement??
1978 - ruptured acl and all cartalidge removed.
several debridements over years
TKR 10TH JULY 2006 http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/index.php?topic=28257.0  Aug 07 patellar maltracking - more physio! Still pain - but so much better !
BIOMET AGC  TKR  (with 10 yr warranty !)

Offline nobblyknees

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2008, 05:13:29 PM »
I had pain in my knee and had keyhole surgery to remove bits of cartliage that had broken up in my knee a few year later it started to grind and discovered I had no or little cartliage in my knee so they  grafted donnor cartliage into my left knee - has never been right and have been left with a 7inch scar down my knee wich is very wide and very red still after 7 years. Now last night started to hurt.

fatcats6

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2008, 12:28:39 AM »
As with most of us, you've come here already knowing in your heart what you should do.  If it was just a icky feeling, you should have slept and woken up right as rain....but you haven't, so you really already know it's off to the ER you go to find out what the problem is.  If you feel you can't bare weight, why are you risking further injury by going to work and not knowing what the problem is?

support