Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Anyone Been Treated At The Birmingham Royal Orthopaedic Hospital?  (Read 1170 times)

Offline Clarkey

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 75
  • Neil TheElephant knee packed up carrying his trunk
As you can see from tilte I been to the ROH for a MRI Scan yesterday and will be seeing a OS at the Hospital, I like to know if anyone who lives in the West Midlands been to the ROH and how they have found it there, so far been twice and the Staff been fantastic.

I worried about not seeing a decent OS, I have Asperger Syndrome and get nervouse in Hopsitals. I seen 3 OS's names recommeded on this website who work at the ROH and Private Hospital called The Priory Hospital.

Can anyone recommed a good OS at the ROH you can send me a PM if you dont like to mention the OS's name on this posting, just want to see a understanding OS who makes you feel at ease and does not want that gives the impression he dont care. I saw a really bad OS at the ROH in 2003 and had to ask to see another OS who was 100 times better but he was fairly old so might be retired now.

Nick :) {2008} :)
« Last Edit: July 05, 2008, 10:58:35 AM by Clarkey »
RK: PFPS, Arthrofibrosis, Tendinopathy, Five cortisone injections
16/01/18 Anterior interval release, distal patella excision, lateral meniscal repair
18/07/14 Anterior interval release  
16/11/09 Medial plica excision, fat pad trimming

Offline Doc79316

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
  • OSCAR
Re: Anyone Been Treated At The Birmingham Royal Orthopaedic Hospital?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2008, 11:14:07 AM »
Hi Nick,

I live in Birmingham and am a patient at SOlihull Hospital. The ROH has bene recommended to me but with no preference for a specific OS. I'm told they are all excellent in their own feild. So as long as you make sure you see someone who pecialsies in knees specifically, you can't really go wrong.

Also, I've bene to the Priory too. Not for me though. Althoug very nice, you are far better off health wise (if you can stand the longer waiting times) to stick to the NHS. Private hospital staff don't HAVE to be there and so although they treat their patients liek royalty, it's all false because they're being paid so much. I have this from a friend of mine who runs a large department at solihull hospital and who has undertaken some privte work recently. Also, my partner is a cardiologist. He has bene in Birmingham less than a year so probably doesn't know of any OS's at the ROH, but I'll certainly ask him for you.

There's no need to worry if you are under the ROH. I'm considering asking fo ra referral there myself because my OS at Solihull isn't even communicating with me now. I'd rather hear it from the real experts that there's nothing left to be done than a doctor who has fobbed me off, made excuses not to see me when it's necessary and is now ignoring me.

You are in the best possible place at the OH for any orthopaedic problem. Let them do their jobs and take care of you properly. [email protected] sure they will explain fully any treatment plan they may suggest for you. And make sure you arm yourself with a list of questions that YOU want answered. Make it clear to them that sio you have a proper understanding of what's going on, you have to ask some questions. No decent OS will refuse to answer you.

If I can help in any other way at all, please let me know.

Take care,

Laura x
Left knee surgery
08/06/02-L/Release
13/08/03-Fulkerson TTT
05/06/05-Stabilisation & Medialisation/Tendon Transfer
13/01/06-Proximal Hamstring Superior Stabilisation
06/03/06-RSD/CRPS diagnosed
20/07/06 + 03/04/07-Excision of scar tissue
29/05/15-Arthroscopy
02/03/20-Left transfemoral amputation

Offline Clarkey

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 75
  • Neil TheElephant knee packed up carrying his trunk
Re: Anyone Been Treated At The Birmingham Royal Orthopaedic Hospital?
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2008, 11:32:03 AM »
Hi Laura,

Thanks for the quick response, I hope you have got my PM I just sent you about some reccomended OS's that work at the ROH.

Thanks once again and will let you know how I get on.

Nick :) {2008} :)
RK: PFPS, Arthrofibrosis, Tendinopathy, Five cortisone injections
16/01/18 Anterior interval release, distal patella excision, lateral meniscal repair
18/07/14 Anterior interval release  
16/11/09 Medial plica excision, fat pad trimming

support