Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: two Different opinions from two different doctors  (Read 849 times)

Offline holly101

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
two Different opinions from two different doctors
« on: June 30, 2008, 05:07:50 PM »
Brief history, I have had Microfracture which did not work,  Carticel which seems to have taken pretty well.  I have been telling the doctor that i have pain under the knee cap since January.  THey finally did the MRI and I have a new spot that have wear and tear in it close to wear they did the transplant.  my doctor that did the Carticel surgery says that it is a concern,but we should wait to see if the spot gets any worse ( I forgot to mention that the MRI that was done in September was compared to the most recent one and the spot has gotten larger and more obvious), I went and got a second opinion from my origiinal doctor, ( who I really like, he just didn't do the Carticel surgery) and he says that the knee needs to be debrided and smoothed out to help with some of the grinding and possibly the pain.  I am really confused about what to do.  Any suggestions?

Offline Silkncardcrafts

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 6
Re: two Different opinions from two different doctors
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 10:38:15 AM »
Hi there,

I agree with your current OS. Think you should wait and see how it goes. Best to take the conservative approach.

When do you see your OS next ?
11/1996 - RK LR
07/1997 - LK LR
11/1998 - LK MPFL Reco
12/2005 - RK LR Repair
07/2006 - LK MPFL Repair
11/2006 - LK LR Repair
22/05/08 - LK Trochleoplasty
11/02/10 - RK Trochleoplasty
07/03/11 - RK Chrondroplasty

support