Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Hollie's Quad Sparing MIS TKR  (Read 22405 times)

Offline hollie9

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 0
Re: Hollie's Quad Sparing MIS TKR
« Reply #120 on: March 15, 2009, 11:40:01 PM »
Yeah, I love biking.  It was nice here for a couple weeks, today it looks like rain so I'll do the stationary bike which is so very boring.

You don't notice a mechanical feel compared to your non-opped knee?  How strange, because we both have the gender knee.  Mine pops quite a bit, doesn't hurt, but I miss that fluid motion of a real knee especially when, say, circling the knee around.  Maybe your prosthesis is better than mine?

I had a lot of pain in the first 12 days, bone ache from the cuts.  Had to keep my foot elevated to prevent swelling, and then the incision is steri-stripped, and all that icing.  This time I just have to find a way to protect my back from pain, all that laying down icing really got to me last time.  Maybe I'll have a more pain free recovery this time, some do.

But hopefully I will lose weight again.  It's worth it just for that.   I wouldn't be rushing in so fast for surgery but for the pain in my knee and I do want to be able to walk well and be mostly recovered by summer.  I'm also planning a face and neck lift for one month after the knee surgery...so vain.

My husband was having so many panic attacks and generalized anxiety...and depression, I got him on Lexapro, 10 mg.  What a difference, anxiety is mostly gone and he is cheerful all the time now instead of "waiting for his turn in the barrel".  It seemed to have anti-anxiety effects in the first few days, but really kicks in in about one month.  I don't think our relationship has ever been better, he's become the perfect husband, I should have had him on this stuff years ago (he was always prone to anxiety).

I can't take these SSRIs myself, too many side effects for me.  But he hasn't had any.  It's been great.

Thanks for the good vibes Dig, I'm not nervous or anything.  I had been wondering (my rheummy too) if I might have some inflammatory arthritis like Psoriatic arthritis, but got the path report on my synovial tissue and it doesn't say a thing about arthritis, so that is great.  Remember I had both hips resurfaced in the last two years also, so I thought there must be a problem.  I'm seeing the rheummy tomorrow, but I've already chalked this up to my hypermobility, standing with knees extended backwards most of my life, and God knows how else I was moving as I constantly did ballet, jazz dance, yoga, skiing, probably moving all wrong for my life.

So please follow my next recovery thread when I start complaining and remind me that it will soon be over.

Hollie

Offline digginit

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #121 on: March 16, 2009, 12:39:16 AM »
Hey Hollie!  You should do your next thread in the TKA section.  I think more folks will see it there. 

I do get an occasional clunk, mostly when I'm walking.  This happened a lot more earlier on, but only occasionally now.  My prosthesis isn't better than yours.  They're just the same.  I think it probably has to do with maybe soft tissue healing and probably the amount of space where the spacer goes.  They're not all equally tight or loose.  For instance, when my leg's bent, I can push my tibia back just a little and make the parts click together.  Yours may not do that if it's a little tighter than mine.

Even if you can't take the SSRIs, it's great that they're working where they need to for your hubby.  That's a nice low dose of Lexapro.  Glad that's enough for him.

I'll be glad, after you have your next surgery, that it's not me going through that again.  It's so nice to be back to normal.  You'll really be glad when summer rolls around and you're all healed up too.  ;D

~dig

Offline hollie9

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #122 on: March 16, 2009, 06:18:58 AM »
OK Dig, I put my first post up in the Arthritis TKA section.

I don't think I can push my tibia back and make any parts click together, not at all.  I guess mine is tighter? 

Well next week is all about getting the blood work, chest XRay, EKG and an OK for surgery from my primary doc (who has only  met me once).  I have doctor appointments everyday next week, but one is for hubby...to get the device that let's them check his pacemaker over the phone.  He'll never be able to do that by himself, he's no tekkie.

Yeah, I like the low dosage of Lexapro for him.  Any more and he might just zone out and not feel anything, be real flat emotionally.  Perhaps he'll build a tolerance though and may need a higher dose later.

Hollie

support