Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Need some advice please  (Read 924 times)

Offline holly101

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Need some advice please
« on: June 15, 2008, 08:48:04 PM »
Just a brief history first.  Had microfracture done 06/2006 which did not work, ACI done 05/2007 which so far seems to have taken. 
Now, I had a MRI done on the 11th and just received the report.  I had the MRI done because the doctor thought that my meniscus was torn and I have more pain under the knee cap.  The jest of the report says that I have abnormal softening of the anticular cartlidge of the patella. It says the it was most probaly there on the MRI done in Sept. or 2007 but it is now more obvious on this MRi.  Is this something I should be concerned about?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2008, 08:50:24 PM by holly101 »

fawn2388

Re: Need some advice please
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2008, 09:10:25 PM »
Do you have maltracking.

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2008, 09:16:29 PM »
Where was the ACI done and which amount ?
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline holly101

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2008, 09:40:25 PM »
no there is no maltracking.  They did a fixed that problem during the ACI procedure.  I had two spots done during the ACI.  Both fairly large spots.  One was on the inside side of the knee and the other under the knee cap, which is where I am having problems and it hurts (burning pain) constantly.

Offline holly101

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2008, 11:01:36 PM »
Spoke to doctors PA today when he called to go over the MRI results with me.  He said that there is wear and tear of the cartlidge under the knee cap and the cartlidge also has cracks in it.  HE said the ACI patch that was done under the knee cap looked good, but this is a new spot. He also says the spot was there in Sept, but it is now bigger than before.  He was not sure how this would be handled.  Does anybody have any ideas as it will be another 2 months before I am able to get in with my ortho.

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2008, 06:58:56 AM »
Are you not going there eariler because of insurance or is that a planned visit since before ?
Are you thinking of how to handle this the upcoming 2 months so the problems isn't getting worse ?
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline holly101

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2008, 02:07:50 PM »
It as the first appt. available, they are trying to get me in sooner but he is so booked since he is only in this office 1 day a month.  I really don't know what I can do between now and then to keep it from getting worse. Any suggestions.

support