Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Fisher's ACI - The Main Surgery  (Read 12109 times)

Offline courtem10

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 1
Re: Fisher's ACI - The Main Surgery
« Reply #60 on: February 09, 2009, 02:37:23 PM »
Hi Fisher,

i am going to be doing ACI/HTO in the next few months. I was just curious if you have began running or doing any similar exercise yet at this stage in your recovery? I know results are different for everyone, but I am trying to prepare mentally for my slow return to sports & exercise.

Thanks,
Courtney
7/08 Left knee microfracture
12/08 Left knee ACI biopsy
4/09 Left knee ACI/AMZ

Offline Fisher201

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #61 on: February 10, 2009, 02:18:56 PM »

You're right to prepare for a slow recovery.  The phrase "it's a marathon not a sprint" would be very appropriate for ACI recovery, except for the fact that it'll be a while before you'll be doing either, so maybe "slow and steady wins the race" would be better.

I haven't been doing any running as part of my recovery yet (now 8 months since my ACI), but imagine it won't be long till I can do a bit of treadmill because I've been doing plenty of running in the shallow end of the swimming pool, and any time I've had to do a short dash (e.g. to catch a train that's about to leave) it's felt ok.

Offline Fisher201

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #62 on: March 06, 2009, 04:57:29 PM »
9 month check-up: 

Mr Briggs (surgeon) happy with the knee and the quad muscles. 

Sharp pain at ~30 degrees bend when weight bearing is still a mystery, although Tim mentioned a few things he thought it might be.  The 1-year scope is in June so he'll have a look then and see if he can see what's causing it.   

support