Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: 15 and hyper mobile  (Read 2296 times)

Offline Femin3m

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
  • Mwahahahaha
    • Femin3m's home page
15 and hyper mobile
« on: August 02, 2003, 10:57:45 AM »
hi,
  im only 15 and i have hyper mobile joints i and have dis-located my wrists finger ankels and knees and i did my knee a few weeks ago and the Doc said it is internaly bleeding. i was wondering if the ment there was more chance that it would mean that i would have to get an operation ???
I dislocate every thing and have had two operations one on each knee

Offline rhea

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • I think I can, I think I can, I think I can.......
    • Budgie Love!
Re: 15 and hyper mobile
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2003, 07:57:57 PM »
Hi There,

Big (((Hugs))), and welcome to the odd bod group. (That's a name us dealing with hypermobile hell have given our bodies.)  I'm so sorry to hear you are having such a rough time with dislocations.  My joints aren't quite that loose but I do sublux my elbows, hip, and shoulder and am also frequently injuring joints and on top of things I also have some very unpleasant digestive problems stemming from this wonderful connective tissue disorder.

Do you have a diagnosis?  It's important to rule out marfan's syndrome, or the vascular type of ehlers danlos syndrome.  Do a search on google for ehlers danlos syndrome and marfans syndrome and hypermobility syndrome www.hypermobility.org and see if this sounds like you.  I'm so sorry you must deal with this, but be assured that you don't have to go this alone.  We odd bods are pillars of support for each other.

Big (((Hugs)))

-Rhea
7 yrs of knee troubles (maltracking, maybe plica).  
Finally found wonderful OS(#4)!
Diagnostic scope+biopsy schduled for sept 23,2003  
HMS/EDS III
Chronic joint pain,subluxations,microtraumas...

Offline Femin3m

• Regular Poster
  • Mwahahahaha
    • Femin3m's home page
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2003, 07:41:14 AM »
thanx for that Rhea i will be sure to have a look at those sites!! ;D i have also done my sholders and my friends think it halrous that i can do that sorta stuff by perpous and stuff and i know forsure now that im not alone :D and thank you for welcoming me to the Odd Bods
 :-*Kristy

Stacey

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2003, 07:50:17 AM »
Hi Kristy

Welcome to the odd bods gang :)  There is a lot of helpful information on the net about hypermobility and a tonne of information in this very thread!  Unfortunatly you may have to do most of your own research in this as many doctors dont really understand it.  Do you have  diagnosis yet?  I am hoping to get mine on wednesday since it really does help to place a name on a problem.  Where are you from?  Finding a good and understnding doctor seems to be key with us :)  Well I have to get some sleep now!!

Stacey

Offline Femin3m

• Regular Poster
  • Mwahahahaha
    • Femin3m's home page
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2003, 08:01:38 AM »
thanx Stacey,
i have done HEAAAAAPs of reseach and every doc i go to tells me the same thing which is "i'll give you an Xray and we'll see what happens". no unfoutanly i havint been diagnised yet.

i come from South Aussie and its morring here so i just got up im in me jammies!! ;D

sweet dreams Stacey :-*
from Kristy

support