Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: After Operation rehab.......  (Read 1566 times)

Offline paulmc18

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
After Operation rehab.......
« on: June 18, 2008, 10:35:44 PM »
Hi,

New to the forum, hope you are all well and pain free!!!

I had sustained a football injury and it resulted in recent knee surgery, cartlidge trimming.  Whist 'in there' the surgeon noticed that one of the crucite liguments had come away and reatteched itself to the back one.

He has said it will be ok but to be careful, carry on playing football tho.  I'm in the gym, stretching, bike to keep range of motion, along with leg machines to build muscle back up.

When I bend my left leg (so calf touches hamstring) I get extreme pain!?  What is causing this?

When I will make my first competative tackle and my left leg will obvioulsy bend right back, concluding in massive pain further injury.

Is there any way of 'ridding' the pain??  Or will I have to get reconstructive on it?

Sorry for the long topic!!!

Kindest Regards, don't want to 'hang my boots up' at 33!!

PaulMc

Offline April28

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
Re: After Operation rehab.......
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2008, 11:21:48 PM »
Hi PaulMC!

If u have concerns and pain issues U should address it with your ortho doc!  Don't wait 2 its 2 late and cause more damage!  I am only 28 with alot of knee problems because I waited 2 long!  Just a word of advice!  Are you in physical therapy?  Do U strech your knee properly before playing sports?  Keep Me and everybody else posted!

April
1995 Patella Femoral Syndrome Diagnosed/Blown ACL &PCL- Had surgery plus Lateral Release
1997 Multiple Dislocations/ Cartilage torn /Arthroscopic repair for cartilage defect
2002 Blown out aCL again playing soccer/new cadeavor placed
2008 MPFL Repaired open surgery-6 month rehab
upcoming surgery!

support