Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Years of pain, please help am only 18.  (Read 772 times)

Smith18

Years of pain, please help am only 18.
« on: May 07, 2008, 11:36:04 AM »
Hi all,

Well Ill give you bit of a background of having my knee problems.

It started when I was a few months old as my knees were bent so my mum was shown how to do physo on me to turn my knees back round (so they are inline with the rest of my leg).  Anyway as I grew up I became a keen sports woman, always played football with the lads, basketball, hockey ect....

Even though I was playing these sports I was always in pain and my knees always clicked.  I eventually went to the doctors in 2005 about them, I was refurred to a physo who tested my knees and said my left one is worse than my right (which it is as its not inline with the rest of my leg).  I went to the physo for 2 months then stopped.

I ended up in hospital in 2006 as I twisted my knee and couldnt walk on it propperly but they sent me home and told me to rest.  It didnt really heal as the pain got worse and it locks and feels like it is unstable (going to give way).  I went to hospital laster that year with the pain but was told by a nurse there is noting they can do as I already have a knee problem. 

Now in 2008, a month ago I was hit by a moped which hit my left knee.  Eventhough my knee still locks up and feels weak it is doing this even more so now and am in more pain with it than ever, the clicks are louder as well as them being painfull.  I went to the doctor over a month ago and her just reffured my to a physo and said it will be ok and to rest it for a week but am in pain still and it locks and give out on me.

I am not too sure what is wrong.  I want to be an ambulance tech in a few years time and worried if this problem will put a spanner in the works.

Can someone please help with information?

Thank you

Smith xx  ;D
« Last Edit: May 07, 2008, 12:13:24 PM by Smith18 »

Offline casey2291

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Re: Years of pain, please help am only 18.
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2008, 05:33:44 PM »
Hi,

Have you been seen by an orthopedic surgeon or just your primary care doctor?  Have you had an MRI of the knee?  If you have not been seen by an orthopedic surgeon then I recommend that you see one who would be able to give you a better idea of what is going on with your knees.  Sometimes, primary care doctors don't really know what is wrong with our knees and just send us to physical therapy.  If you have already been seen by an orthopedic surgeon, I recommend you get a second opinon, especially if resting the knee did not help.  Good luck!

LOA #2 and hardware removal 12/15/08-new cartilage from ACI looks "GOOD"
LOA on left knee 3/18/07
ACI and HTO on left knee 10/22/07
scope of right knee on 6/21/07
microfracture left knee 3/18/05

support