Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Bedas Pre-Op diary  (Read 68682 times)

Offline Beda

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
    • Bedas Atelier
Re: Bedas Pre-Op diary
« Reply #555 on: October 31, 2008, 04:47:46 AM »
hi all you wonderfull people!! I CAN ONLY TYPE WITH ONE HAND BUT JUST BEAR WITH Here!! the uppercace will have to come later. pressed on acps locks back there. needledd to say the whole thing has been traumatic, but the 7 days in hospt. aint conna cut it!! iys friday morn. here its earlty and they want me to stay in bed on pain management til monday- that means i am numb for waist down.. i was supposed 2 be ging home moday, well,  everythinh is realativ!!
i cant go inoy 2 many details but promise thy will com. after a bit of drama - 2 cardiac arrests and being prt into a comatize säte and speniding a day at the intensive care, all is well now. so i sign off herwith and start off in 'post op' section and when i have more strenght i promise i will wrte--it been and ordel of a lifetine and I thought I knew pain! you know NOTHING till youve experienced this I promisse you!!! have got rid of 4 out of 6 IV's and have recieved 6 liters of blood.-that heaven for blood banks CATCH YOU ALL LATER SCUSE THE TPYE FAULTS!!!
love beda xxx
'79 trauma v.knee
'81surgery patella lux.
'84 osteochondritis dissecans
'86 osteotomy
until now 16 knee surgerys ink. 6 failed tkr. pretty much exhausted all areas and types of surgical proceedures for knees
all TKR's loosened & failed
2008 wait for Final arthrodesis
constant pain

Offline Silkncardcrafts

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 6
« Reply #556 on: October 31, 2008, 06:30:15 AM »
Hi Beda,

I am sooooo pleased to hear from you. Many of us have been very worried.

That must have been an awful experience for you. I can't wait to hear more details soon.

Sorry I couldn't talk to you on facebook on Sunday night. I was in tears on Sunday night because of the pain and was admitted into hospital on Sunday night and released on Monday morning. They were going to keep me in hospital but there was one more drug they could try at a low dosage. It worked and have had the week off recovering and getting the pain under control. I am seeing my knee surgeon on Wednesday next week to see if I have any further damage.

Rest lots and look after yourself. Sending positive vibes to you. xxxx
11/1996 - RK LR
07/1997 - LK LR
11/1998 - LK MPFL Reco
12/2005 - RK LR Repair
07/2006 - LK MPFL Repair
11/2006 - LK LR Repair
22/05/08 - LK Trochleoplasty
11/02/10 - RK Trochleoplasty
07/03/11 - RK Chrondroplasty

Offline JoniF

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #557 on: October 31, 2008, 12:23:22 PM »
Hi Beda,

Soo sorry to hear that you are in soo much pain.  Also sorry for all of terrible experiences you went through.  I truly hope this surgery is the answer to your pain:) and leaves you pain free at the end.  I know you are strong and you will get through this!!!  Sending you many hugs and well wishes.

Take care and feel better,
Joni
1989 Lateral Release, debridement, and arthroscopic surgery - lk
1996 TTT, Elmslie-trillat procedure, lateral release and debridement - lk
1997 Debridement and hardware removal - lk
2006 Lateral Release, 2 meniscus tears repaired, & acl repair - lk
2008 Sev Patella Effusion - rt knee

Offline Plumb

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #558 on: October 31, 2008, 09:33:23 PM »
Beda,
Glad to see your spirits are up enough to post an update.   You will get stronger and stronger each day and soon you will be zooming around . :)

Offline luckygrandma6

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #559 on: November 01, 2008, 11:56:32 AM »
Hi All, I got two more letters from beda and although she is feeling a bit better she is still having a lot of pain. Now she thinks there is an infection in the wound. It would be so sad if they have to open her up again.  Anyway, things are even worse then she anticipated and she thought she was prepared for the worst. She thanks everyone oncee again for their suppport. I think that is what is pulling her through.
Right knee (arthroscopy) 2004
Right knee (PKR)) April 5, 2005
Right elbow (Bursectomy)1998
TRKR 2006 Failed)
Left knee (arthroscopy)
Left knee (arthroscopy)
THR 1992
2 back surgeries (Feb 2007 & March 2007
Right knee spacer exchange (Failed) 2008
TRK (Hinged Prosthesis) Jan 2009

Offline Silkncardcrafts

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #560 on: November 01, 2008, 12:50:38 PM »
Hi Beda,

So sorry to hear you may have an infection. Just hope they can control it and treat it with anti-biotics. I had one after one of my operations, but fortunately didn't need to go to theatre again.

Thinking of you and hope you start feeling better soon.
11/1996 - RK LR
07/1997 - LK LR
11/1998 - LK MPFL Reco
12/2005 - RK LR Repair
07/2006 - LK MPFL Repair
11/2006 - LK LR Repair
22/05/08 - LK Trochleoplasty
11/02/10 - RK Trochleoplasty
07/03/11 - RK Chrondroplasty

Offline luckygrandma6

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #561 on: November 01, 2008, 06:53:35 PM »
I heard from beda and I told her that I would keep you up to date as it is so hsrd for her to write. The following is the letter I received today:

thank you for your mail. things are going from bad to worse. havnt been able to keep any solids down for over a week now- so they have given me a nasal-gastric feeding tube. It is feeding me a 5mls every 10 mins and will do so for the next 2 days.am not feeling well. all my pains seem to be focused in the 'knee' that was. I bet if theres an infection then its there. But I dont know. fever was only 38.1 this morning the lowes for 3 days so maybe the IV antibiotics are kicking in.I had 39.4 yesterday afernoon.The doc was supposed to come but never turned up. Had infections blood tests done today. i wish you were here. Mom has gone back home now ad i wont see her until I go home. Have been ot of bed today briefly for a wash -felt marvelous!!!will send you an update tomorrow. <love <beda xx
TRKR 2006 Failed)
Left knee (arthroscopy)
Left knee (arthroscopy)
THR 1992

Offline MartinsGirl

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Live, love, laugh!!! Life is amazing!!
« Reply #562 on: November 02, 2008, 12:26:34 AM »
OMG Beda, I am so very very sorry to read about what you're going through.  I don't think any of us could have imagined all of the complications that you've encountered. This makes me very sad :(  I will pray for you and hope that the doctors can help you get home very soon.  I was in shock when I read that you suffered 2 cardiac arrests. Did you also type that you were put into a coma?? Sorry, I wasn't sure because of your typing. You are such a wonderful person and it saddens me so much to read of all of your complications.  You will be in my prayers, dear Beda. XOXO
-July '07-soccer injury
- microfracture of the tibial plateau
- arthroscopy in Oct. '07 (remove torn cartilage and repair microfracture)
-developed AF but beat it (avoided surgery)
[img width=200 height=136]http://dl6.glitter-graphics.net/pub/504/504056crsfyif

Offline luckygrandma6

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #563 on: November 02, 2008, 05:31:45 PM »
I'm really worried abouit beda again. She siad she would update me today on her status and I haven't heard anything since she wrote me about the feeding tube, etc. Has anyone else heard.
TRKR 2006 Failed)
Left knee (arthroscopy)
Left knee (arthroscopy)
THR 1992

Offline Sore knee

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #564 on: November 02, 2008, 08:10:25 PM »
Oh poor Beda. I so hope she is ok and that she is resting. I got such a shock when I read her story but if anyone is speaking with her could you please wish her well from me and tell her she is in my prayers.

Wishing you well Beda xxxx
11/5/07 LR right knee and cartilage tidied up
6/8/07 Knee aspiration, steroid injection- more physio
22/8/07 Knee to be scoped for answers
16/5/08 Patella stabilisation for  subluxations
24/6/08 Infection -hospitalised for a week. Debridement surgery
21/11/08 Repeat patella stabilisation performed

Offline luckygrandma6

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #565 on: November 03, 2008, 02:42:07 PM »
I just spoke to beda on IM and she is doing better but still on feeding tube as she can't keep anything down but down to one IV. She couldn't talk long as she is still having a lot of pain.
She said she started a postop diary but I'm still looking for it. She says it is in the postop section.
TRKR 2006 Failed)
Left knee (arthroscopy)
Left knee (arthroscopy)
THR 1992

Offline Tabitha

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #566 on: November 19, 2008, 09:40:08 PM »
Beda,
    I feel so awful. I don't know all the circumstances leading to your condition but I will pray for you to regain strength and get well. I don't know that I have the right words to say to someone going through what you are right now, but I don't believe that anyone should have to experience so much pain and discomfort. Especially a kind person like yourself.

I hope that you get better and we hear from you soon, put your recovery above all else. I hope you have family around to keep you sain, the hospital is no fun.

~Tabitha
ACL injured 2006- Snowboarding
Reinjured ACL + miniscus 8/18/08- Playing frisbeee
ACL Autograft/ Lateral Miniscal repair  9/12/08
Started PT 9/29/08
80 degree ROM