Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Judy's Bi-lat TKR  (Read 59370 times)

Offline Janet

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 2
Re: Judy's Bi-lat TKR
« Reply #390 on: April 04, 2008, 03:10:12 PM »
Judy: Good for you! I love to hear success stories! I'm so glad your OS gave you such a good report.

Donna: I'm glad you're seeing your OS soon. You're right, something's wrong. You shouldn't be falling down because your leg is giving out. That's dangerous in itself. Do you use a cane?

Janet
Torn quad tendon repair & VMO advancement 4/99, MUA with LOA 10/99, Patella baja and arthrofibrosis, LR & medial release & LOA 5/01, LOA & chondroplasty 6/03,TKR on 11/06, MUA 12/06. From perfect knees to a TKR in 7 years, all from a fall on a wet floor...and early undiagnosed scar tissue.

Offline lilrosie06

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • LIVE WELL. LAUGH OFTEN. LOVE MUCH.
« Reply #391 on: April 05, 2008, 02:48:54 AM »
Janet....thanks for the concern. How are YOU?? I havent talked to you for a long time. No, Im not using a cane. (probably should, I guess. ::)) I am real concerned. Things dont seem right at all. And since I saw my OS in Feb, things have worsened. So, I hope to know more on the 17th. Yeah, he does x rays every time. And in Feb., said the knee looked perfect. Thing is, the x ray looked perfect before my revision too, and there were two loose parts. So I dont know. :-\Ill definitely keep you updated though. Fill me in on you....

DONNA
LEFT KNEE INJURY-1-05
SCOPE 4-05, LR 1-07, TKR 6-07, MUA 7-07, REVISION 10-07, INFECTION CLEANOUT 11-07, REVISION 4-08, EXPLANT 2-09 ANTIBIOTIC SPACER PUT IN, AND PICC LINE FOR 6 WEEKS
REPLACEMENT 5-09

BACK IN PT NOW....HIP AND FOOT PAIN, POSSIBLY SCIATIC

Offline costumer

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #392 on: April 05, 2008, 04:25:40 AM »
Hi guys-

Thanks, Janet. and because the OS was so thrilled and said I could do anything at the gym (only caveat's being short arcs and debatable on the leg press increasing), Pierre's planning to beat my flabby butt! He's going to put me on the bike for twice as long now - as long as I don't have any time issues. oy! he wants to try to get me up to an hour (whine)! I haven't yet done 1/2 hour!! ow.

Donna, no that just is not right. You're only less than a month out from me (on your revision) and there's no reason why your leg should be giving out. It should be stronger than that! I hope you don't have whatever problems Beda had with the prosthetic constantly coming loose! oy!! I'm glad you got your appt moved sooner.

-Judy
Dx: bi-lat subluxating patellae w/chondromalacia 4/1977
6/78 LR - LK
1/80 TTT-Hauser LK; 12/80 Proximal Realignment Mystery- RK
1/82 Maquet TTT- LK
11/06 Meniscectomy; Mild OA- RK, 12/06 Meniscectomy; Mod OA- LK
3/07 Bi-lat severe arthritis
9/18/07 bi-lat TKR

Offline UK Girl !

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #393 on: April 05, 2008, 07:49:06 AM »
Hi Judy

fantastic report from OS well done to you girl - the hard work pays of! Dont fret too much about the weight  - it will come back down.

I hate the bike in the gym and prefer to cycle round the lanes - hopefully get some good weather soon!

take care
anj x
1978 - ruptured acl and all cartalidge removed.
several debridements over years
TKR 10TH JULY 2006 http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/index.php?topic=28257.0  Aug 07 patellar maltracking - more physio! Still pain - but so much better !
BIOMET AGC  TKR  (with 10 yr warranty !)

Offline costumer

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #394 on: April 05, 2008, 03:31:56 PM »
Hi Anj! how are you holding out these days?

see the problem with the weight is that it's never really been down - except in high school when I had stopped eating. so it's not really a question of getting it 'back' down, it's just all a chore. I've always been heavy, and that's just how I am. Unfortunately my OS doesn't like it. Hey, it wasn't even until around the last couple of years that I even developed arthritis! but.. gotta do the work. (no, no other health problems, even a note saying I'm not likely to get them).

problem with biking outside is that a)I have no bike and b) there are no safe places to ride around here anyway. My town (small city) doesn't have many shoulders on the roads and traffic is miserable and the air is nasty. plus, since I'm lazy by nature, on the stationery bikes I can watch tv or a movie. I like the one at the trainer's because it's a recumbent and more comfortable. Mine, though gives me a better workout (normal seat, handles that make you move and twist) but I can't do it as long. It's a trade off.

-Judy
6/78 LR - LK
1/82 Maquet TTT- LK
9/18/07 bi-lat TKR

Offline Janet

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #395 on: April 05, 2008, 10:40:26 PM »
Donna:

Thanks for asking how I'm doing. I'm really doing well, but not perfect. I still have the lateral area that gets sore and spreads behind my knee. Last week I had an ultrasound to look in the biceps femoris tendon and they found an area of tendonosis as my OS expected. So my OS introduced me to a colleague who has been having  good success with "tendon needling" (as they call it) for tendonosis. Guided by ultrasound, he puts needles right into the areas of tendonosis to induce bleeding, which will (hopefully) bring about healing. Nothing is injected, he just jabs the tendon. He said my area is close to where the tendon attaches to the bone, so he may "scuff up" the bone, too. This is all done very carefully and takes about two hours (especially in that area because there are so many other structures that must be protected). It doesn't sound like too much fun LOL, but if it can get rid of this nagging pain, my knee will be wonderful! There's no guarantee it will work, but he's never had a patient get worse (important point!). I'll have the needling on April 25.

Again, good luck on the 17th. I'll be waiting to hear what you learn.

Janet
Torn quad tendon repair & VMO advancement 4/99, MUA with LOA 10/99, Patella baja and arthrofibrosis, LR & medial release & LOA 5/01, LOA & chondroplasty 6/03,TKR on 11/06, MUA 12/06. From perfect knees to a TKR in 7 years, all from a fall on a wet floor...and early undiagnosed scar tissue.

Offline lilrosie06

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • LIVE WELL. LAUGH OFTEN. LOVE MUCH.
« Reply #396 on: April 06, 2008, 06:15:11 AM »
Janet....ohhhhh, no that doesnt sound like much fun. Will you get a local for that? Or be out? Thats interesting though. Ive never heard of such a procedure. Will be interesting to see how it goes...please keep me informed.

Donna
LEFT KNEE INJURY-1-05
SCOPE 4-05, LR 1-07, TKR 6-07, MUA 7-07, REVISION 10-07, INFECTION CLEANOUT 11-07, REVISION 4-08, EXPLANT 2-09 ANTIBIOTIC SPACER PUT IN, AND PICC LINE FOR 6 WEEKS
REPLACEMENT 5-09

BACK IN PT NOW....HIP AND FOOT PAIN, POSSIBLY SCIATIC

Offline maryc

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 18
« Reply #397 on: April 07, 2008, 11:43:17 PM »
Hi Judy - just popped in to check up on a few people and saw your OS report - way to go!!!!  Looks like major progress. 

Maryc
8/4/07 fell
8/5 diagnosed TPF
8/6 surgery plate and 6 screws
8/12 out of hospital NWM
8/21 staples removed
9/18 OS appt - WBAT with crutches
10/10 - WBAT with cane
10/27 - back to work w/cane
12/26 - no cane, slight limp when tired
1/25/08 - released from PT, no limp
2/3/09 - Released by OS

Offline costumer

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #398 on: April 08, 2008, 02:00:29 AM »
Thanks, Mary, I'm pleased too. But my trainer is going to kill me on doubling up my bike riding. He really wants me to do half an hour and work up to an hour. yikes!  :o

I did 23min today  ::)

-Judy

6/78 LR - LK
1/82 Maquet TTT- LK
9/18/07 bi-lat TKR

Offline TIBBAR

• SuperKNEEgeek