Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: sterns post-op recovery  (Read 54404 times)

Offline arkitect06

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • Medtronic = Life!
Re: sterns post-op recovery
« Reply #450 on: October 02, 2008, 02:09:32 AM »
Hi Saul, sorry I have been MIA on your thread!!!  I just caught up on everything.  So sorry about that accidental MUA on the bike!!!!!  That sounded absolutely horrible.  I can count on my hand how many times I have ridden the bike since my surgery...it is very painful for me.  I wish there were more physical activities that I could do....even simple knee exercises :(  If you haven't read my diary yet, I saw my back doctor today and now they want me to do more back PT than knee PT since it will eventually work out my knee.  They mainly just want me to do core for my knee, so that will be what I do for my back anyway.  So I basically will be helping both things at once.  You definitely have been much more positive since your TKR!!!  I wish I could be that way right now.  Things in my life are a mess in all ways...even my marriage.  It seems like your wife is 100% supportive and caring.  My husband has been taking this fairly difficultly lately.  I think we are both kind of hard on each other about things.  It will improve.  We had a chat tonight and we both agreed to be more patient with each other. 

I know about memory problems!!!  I have been very good about forgetting very simple words lately!  It gets embarassing, but there isn't anything that I can do about it except to let people fill in the blanks for me.  I also tend to "hear" things my husband says and never remember he said them.  The other night it caused some problems between us b/c apparently he told me he was hanging out with the next door neighbor for a few hours and I had no idea where he was and he wasn't answering his phone.  So needless to say, I wasn't happy not knowing where he was when all the while he thought I knew.  Anyway, I know it's my meds that cause it. 

Well my husband just got home a short while ago and I am about to head to bed, so I need to go hang out with him for a short while.  Before I head to bed, I have a question for you and/or Donna....how can you and your spouses afford for you guys to stay home from work and be on health insurance?  My husband has mentioned a few times that he wants me to stop working until my knee gets better, but my counselor and I agreed that wouldn't make my depression better, but worse.  So that will not happen, but I am curious how you guys make it work.  If it is too personal, you can either ignore my question or PM me about it.  Thanks in advance for your input on that.

Saul, I hope your pain with PT isn't as bad as it continues.  Keep up your hard work!!!  You seem to keep improving despite your pain with every session!  Good luck and thanks for all your advice on my thread!

Farrah
11/16/10 Fulkerson TTT, chondroplasty, LR (Left Knee)
11/17/09 SCS re-implant
7/29/09 I&D
5/7/09 SCS removal b/c of MRSA
12/15/08 & 2/6/09 SCS Revision
10/30/08 Spinal Cord Stimulator Implantation
6/27/08 diagnosed with RSD
1/8/08 Fulkerson TTT, chondroplasty, LR (Right Knee)

Offline lilrosie06

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • LIVE WELL. LAUGH OFTEN. LOVE MUCH.
« Reply #451 on: October 02, 2008, 05:15:47 AM »
Hey Farrah! Just wanted to say hi and answer your question before I go to bed.

Your question to Saul and I was: 
How can you and your spouses afford for you guys to stay home from work and be on health insurance?

In my case, I hurt my knee at work, so I am on workmans comp. They pay all of my medical, along with my wages. For all of our regular health issues, I am covered under Ricks medical insurance. He works for the state, so we have great coverage and don't have to pay for it. We pay small co pays for doctor visits, prescriptions, ER, etc., but thats it. We are very fortunate.

My biggest problem right now is the fact that the pain meds knock me on my butt. So, if I take them, yeah, they help the pain, but I cannot function at all. If I dont take them, then I am in alot of pain. I cant find a happy medium. I have my bone scan and blood work tomorrow. Still waiting to hear about the allergy testing. Just left another message on Monday. Never can speak with anyone, always get voicemail. Ugh....so so tired of all of this.

Hope you get some sleep tonight and have a good day tomorrow.

goodnight. DONNA

LEFT KNEE INJURY-1-05
SCOPE 4-05, LR 1-07, TKR 6-07, MUA 7-07, REVISION 10-07, INFECTION CLEANOUT 11-07, REVISION 4-08, EXPLANT 2-09 ANTIBIOTIC SPACER PUT IN, AND PICC LINE FOR 6 WEEKS
REPLACEMENT 5-09

BACK IN PT NOW....HIP AND FOOT PAIN, POSSIBLY SCIATIC

Offline JoniF

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #452 on: October 02, 2008, 05:26:20 PM »
Farrah,

Don't stress about the memory problems.  That's the Topamox doing that to you.  It drove me so nuts that I made my doc take me off of them.

Saul,

It's nice to see you on the uphill of things and in less pain.

Take care,
Joni
« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 01:47:23 AM by JoniF »
1989 Lateral Release, debridement, and arthroscopic surgery - lk
1996 TTT, Elmslie-trillat procedure, lateral release and debridement - lk
1997 Debridement and hardware removal - lk
2006 Lateral Release, 2 meniscus tears repaired, & acl repair - lk
2008 Sev Patella Effusion - rt knee

Offline sterns

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #453 on: October 03, 2008, 12:20:54 AM »
Farrah,

I do not know if I ever replied to your question for Donna and Me...........Help!!!

Saul

{RT TKR}  Rotating Platform Knee
{LFT K}  6 arthroscopic procedures (cartilage, tendons, ligaments)
{RT K}   9 arthroscopic procedures (cartilage, tendons, ligaments)
{RT K}   3 1st was arthroscopic, 2nd was TTT, 3rd screw removal
{LFT Shldr}   4 arthroscopic procedures & 1 slice and dice job
Lots o

Offline arkitect06

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Medtronic = Life!
« Reply #454 on: October 03, 2008, 10:39:50 PM »
Hey Bum, you didn't answer my question....:)  BTW, I hope you are doing okay during these past few days since Wednesday. 

Farrah
11/16/10 Fulkerson TTT, chondroplasty, LR (Left Knee)
11/17/09 SCS re-implant
7/29/09 I&D
5/7/09 SCS removal b/c of MRSA
12/15/08 & 2/6/09 SCS Revision
10/30/08 Spinal Cord Stimulator Implantation
6/27/08 diagnosed with RSD
1/8/08 Fulkerson TTT, chondroplasty, LR (Right Knee)