Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: BE THANKFULL  (Read 1889 times)

Offline SCOTT_H

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
BE THANKFULL
« on: June 26, 2003, 03:43:40 PM »
WENT FOR 2-1/2 WEEK POST OP CHECK UP YESTERDAY,EVERTHING LOOKS GOOD.   ANYWAY WHEN WE THINK  WE GOT IT BAD WITH OUR KNEES  JUST GO VISIT YOUR LOCAL HOSPITAL FOR A LITTLE WHILE AND LOOK AROUND. OUR KNEES JUST SLOW US DOWN, SOME PEOPLE  CANT DO ANYTHING WITH OUT HELP. RETURN THE HELP THAT U HAVE BEEN GIVEN BY HELPING SOMEONE ELSE!!!!!  THANKS SCOTT
PROXIMAL /  DISTAL PATTELLA REALIGNMENT, LATERAL RELEASE[6-6-03]

Offline JorJor

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
Re: BE THANKFULL
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2003, 07:15:27 PM »
Great idea...I agree completely.
5 surgeries (2 Micro-Fractures)! 8 rounds of Synvisc, Hylogan(sp?) & Supartz.  5th Scope 2/13/03 chrondoplasty & rp m. meniscus. Won't let it stop me...walked 60 miles in 3 Days for Breast Cancer.

Offline enuff81020

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • User's Text
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2003, 01:52:20 AM »
Hi!

There is a lot of truth in what you say--and I find that this board gives me many opportunities to give support and help to others in need.

It is a kind of complicated thing for me, but I was able to move forward with self-care when I quit comparing myself to others though (as far as health and pain go...)  I try to help others remember that there is no contest for who hurts worst or has the nastiest anything--anybody with pain has an issue and it is not a good idea to minimize mine because somebody else's is worse. We all have a right to relief and freedome from the pain our bodies can give us.

Here's a big cyber-hug to thank you for being yet another kneegeek who puts others ahead of himself/herself.  This is an amazing board with people like you who do that so naturally.

Take care, Sylvia
Both kneesOA.
Scope on rt knee,9/00;2/01
scope w/ LR and debridement rt knee 2/02
left knee same5/02
Patellar problems
LeftTKR12/16/02
Right TKR7/14/03
Complications MUA 8/14/03
R TKR revisio

Offline Lizzie - UK

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Fibromyalgia diagnosed Dec 2003 - OA in both knees
    • E30 Zone
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2003, 06:36:30 AM »
Scott

Very wise words indeed.  In fact I spent nearly 2 weeks in an Orthopaedic Ward at my local NHS hospital and in the bay that I was in, there were 3 elderly patients that should have been in a nursing home or a geriatrics ward, nonetheless the nurses were great with them and when I was feeling up to it, I would help the old ladies out by calling for a nurse when they wanted something, or even help by getting things for them, bearing in mind I was in hospital because I had damaged both knees and a wrist and really should have been resting comnpletely.

It is true there are people that are also worse off than we are and I do say to people when they say to me that it is really a shame about my knees and I always reply that my knees are not life threatening, I can still lead a better life than someone who cannot breath easily or has cancer or has to rely on a kidney dialysis machine.

We are also on this forum to help others as well as get the support that we need.  This forum is here for us to let ourselves give into our pain and rant if we like as there is nowhere else that we can really do this.

Take care out there to all my knee buddies - may your knees treat you well and less pain to everyone.

Lots of love, hugs, empathy and positive vibes
Lizzie xxx
Past History of L&R Knee
Bilateral OA
Medial Meniscal Tears
Lateral Releases & Medial Reefings
Ruptured LCL, MCL & PCL
Adhesions in the interconylar notch of ACL removed
Suprapatella plication
Debridements/Lavages
Deep chondral fissure in crest of patella
Awaiting MRI - LK
TKR - RK

Offline enuff81020

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • User's Text
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2003, 06:39:04 PM »
Hey Scott,

As I was rereading your post and mine this morning, I wanted to make sure that everyone--especially you--knows how impressed I am with the thought and love and care and concern that messages like this one show.  I am struggling with so much--but then somebody here or somewhere goes that exact extra mile that you mentioned for me and the world is a greater place.

I'm so glad there are people like you and others who are willing to look out for others around.  It is them (and you) who make the world a place of love and hope.

Bless you all, Sylvia
Both kneesOA.
Scope on rt knee,9/00;2/01
scope w/ LR and debridement rt knee 2/02
left knee same5/02
Patellar problems
LeftTKR12/16/02
Right TKR7/14/03
Complications MUA 8/14/03
R TKR revisio

Iona_-Uk