Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: ACI/HTO follow up Questions for OS 4 week Post Op Visit?  (Read 5871 times)

Offline zoeygrl

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
Re: ACI/HTO follow up Questions for OS 4 week Post Op Visit?
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2008, 06:28:40 PM »
Hi Diana, so sorry you're feeling yucky.  You may have pulled a chest muscle or something.  I am still nursing my groin pull, trying heat now since I finally found my heating pad.   The pt told me three days of ice then try heat.  I've also lost a bit of my flexion since I found it so hard to do the exercises yesterday.  I'm going to see how it goes today.   You should avoid using your crutches for a bit to give it some time to settle down and heal.   ouch! 

I didn't have a beer yesteday, I watched a movie called "The Savages" which was really good but hit very close to home for me.  It's about a brother and sister who put their Dad in a nursing home.  I just lost my Dad a few days before my surgery and he was in a nursing home for 8 years.   so it was hard to watch and I cried a bit.   good movie though, great acting. 

Very very sad about Eight Belles, I have a winning ticket ($25.00) on her and it seems so wrong to cash it.  I was very excited about the race and was talking to my boyfriend who was at the track when he told me a horse was down.  He saw it happen right in front of him and he said it was the most horrible thing he's ever seen.  He was crying when he called me.   He said so many people were upset (he was on the backside of the track where the stables, horses, trainers and owners go).   He said people were crying everywhere.   It makes you think about the humaneness of the sport, those horses are only two years old and still babies.   It's sick really.  I watched it all on tv and it was just heartbreaking.  My friends who were also at the track won a bunch of money on her but were just devastated.   The mood apparently was very somber out there despite all the partying.    One of my girlfriends won $400 on her and said it feels like blood money.   

I had a hard day yesterday feeling sorry for myself but I'm much better today. My friends are coming this afternoon to take me to a get together/cook out tonight.   I really really need to get out of this house! the weather is gorgeous outside.  Yesterday after the derby was over, I tried to take my dog out front down the steps and I missed a couple of steps and stumbled and landed on my bad leg, but was able to get myself steadied on my crutches.  I very nearly fell into the yard, I was so scared, my heart was pumping and I was very worried.  I had a bit of swelling but ice took care of it...no pain.  I hope I didn't compromise my implant!   This is the first time I've really stumbled enough to worry.  My dog has decided that she will not go outside unless someome takes her out on a leash.  She's been doing this since I've been home the last 5 weeks, it's weird.  She also has arthritis in her front right leg and it hurts her sometimes, but the rest of it is a behavorial issue I'm sure.   

Thanks for checking in, I sure hope your "pull" isn't something serious and that you recover quickly.   I'll check in with you tomorrow when I get back from work!  Have a good day today, nurse that pulled muscle!

Zoeygrl. 
1989 first arthroscopic surgery to clean up knee
1992 2nd arthroscopic surgery for clean up of cartlidge flakes
1/24/08 harvesting of cells for carticel transplant
3/27/08 HTO and Carticel transplant

dileigh

« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2008, 07:15:02 PM »
Very scary when you have problems going down the steps. Glad you didn't seem to do any damage.  I hope you have fun with your friends today to make up for yesterday!

Diana

Offline Peg Leg

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2008, 11:43:50 PM »
Zoey,

I am so sorry about what happened to your Horse; it is just heartbreaking to see one of those beautiful animals go down like that.  About your spill; I tripped at 2 weeks and put full wt. into my bad leg.  It hurt like h*** for about 15 hours.  Fortunately, I had the immobilizer on and it all worked out.  I hope you were wearing your brace!!  Take care of that groin pull and try not to beat yourself up too much about the fall.

Peg Leg
10/06  Miicrofracture Rt knee on mfc
defect was 1.3x2, small defect under patella
04/07 Arthroscopy/Cell harvest for Carticel
06/28/07 Carticel surgery ,Rt. Knee
12/27/07  Scope to debride Patella lesion,Rt. Knee
4/17/08  Fulkerson AMZ, Rt. Knee
6/25/09 ConforMis BiCompartmental Knee Replacement