Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: THE absolute BEST ICE PACK you will EVER USE!!  (Read 43500 times)

Offline nikkiluv

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 0
THE absolute BEST ICE PACK you will EVER USE!!
« on: March 17, 2009, 11:12:20 PM »
Hi everyone,

I wanted to let you know of the absolute best ice pack I've ever used. It's from Torex Health and it's a radial hot/cold therapy device. It's a circular tube-like ice pack that surrounds the entire circumference of your knee. They also provide a compression sleeve to put over the area to help with swelling and to protect from direct contact with the ice pack. It gets extremely cold and can stay cold for literally hours. It's a gel ice pack, and it NEVER gets crunchy like those other gel ice packs that claim they never get crunchy (but inevitably do!) I honestly won't even use any other ice pack but this one. I learned of it when I went to an athletic training convention and was going around all the booths that were selling products. I was absolutely sold on this one right from the moment I saw it and tested it!

The website is www.torexhealth.com and you can buy them right online.

Right after surgery you may not be able to use it because if your swellingbandages is too much it may not fit, but it comes in different sizes. Right after my surgery I placed it on top of my knee (it wouldn't fit over the bandages but it fit from side to side on my knee) and it felt so awesome! It honestly gets cold enough that I felt it through my ace wrap/bandages. It really is THE BEST ICE PACK EVER and I think once you try it you may not want anything else!!
03/25/05 - RK debridement
12/22/05 - RK medial meniscal repair
10/31/08 - RK partial lateral menisectomy
03/13/09 - RK ACI biopsy
05/18/09 - RK ACI/DFVO
01/06/11 - ACI failure confirmed
*Currently awaiting call for fresh Osteoarticular Allograft Transplant cadaver match & removal of femoral hardware

Offline cboden51

• Forum Faithful
Re: THE absolute BEST ICE PACK you will EVER USE!!
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2009, 12:52:51 AM »
Looks great! They just keep coming up with better and better things!
Thanks for posting!
Connie

Offline nikkiluv

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2009, 03:43:36 AM »
You're totally right! The company is great to deal with, too. When I was at the convention I was speaking with one of their reps who believed a large cuff would work for me. When I got home from Atlanta (where the convention was) to NH I discovered that the large wasn't actually going to work. I contacted the company, who at no cost to me immediately sent me out another size. They said it was their mistake and they were sorry, and let me keep the other one as well (which I now fit in to) :)

I've learned so much from others on this site I try to share as much wealth as I can.

Nicole
03/25/05 - RK debridement
12/22/05 - RK medial meniscal repair
10/31/08 - RK partial lateral menisectomy
03/13/09 - RK ACI biopsy
05/18/09 - RK ACI/DFVO
01/06/11 - ACI failure confirmed
*Currently awaiting call for fresh Osteoarticular Allograft Transplant cadaver match & removal of femoral hardware

Offline Chris-Bad-Knees

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2014, 09:50:50 PM »
Hi,

I had a full knee replacement two weeks ago.

The Torx ice pack is great!

The system I found that worked best for me was the Polar Care Cube Cold Therapy Unit, Knee Large Wrap On Combo:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006L8N8AE

This is very similar to the system that I used in the hospital after my surgery.

I think it really helps reduce swelling and pain.

Cheers,

Chris

Offline WeenietheWarriorPrinces

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2015, 02:19:30 AM »
I love the game ready ice machine! I have used it for 2 microfracture and 1 OATS surgery!
Weenie the Warrior Princess
Left knee:
6/2012 Arthroscope w/ debridment, and plica removal
3/2013 Microfracture of MFC & patella and lateral release
6/2014 Microfracture MFC (same spot as last time, was damaged in a car accident)(infection week after & ultimately a failed surgery)
11/2014 OATS(autograft) MFC

Offline Max4488

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2017, 11:54:55 PM »
I'm always looking for an ice pack

support