Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Pain behind knee on bending  (Read 762 times)

Offline John C

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Pain behind knee on bending
« on: April 07, 2008, 04:51:43 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, i have noticed over the last couple of weeks, that when i bend my right leg, i get it so far then i get pain behind my right knee. This is a tightness in the back of the knee, and it is very uncomfortable to bend it any further. Someone in the gym i use says this is 'classic cartliage tearing', but i can't remember doing anything that caused me any grief at any time lately, so i'm not sure. Anyone any ideas, i can still play squash, and use the cardio stuff in the gym for a lengthy period, without much pain, although the longer i use it the more 'achey' it get's. The only thing i can't do really at the moment is to kneel down on my right knee. Answers please

Offline arkitect06

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • Medtronic = Life!
Re: Pain behind knee on bending
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2008, 05:37:25 PM »
It does sound like cartilage damage.  You don't have to do anything in particular to have this happen.  You can have some little tiny issue within your knee to start it.  It may not be something you know is there, but it could be causing damage.  If it is a problem, I'd go to an OS.  If it is cartilage damage, there are many ways to fix it.  Once the damage is there, it doesn't just go away, but you can get it fixed.  Hopefully you find some answers you are looking for...it does sound like cartilage damage.  I am no professional, so Good luck!

Farrah
11/16/10 Fulkerson TTT, chondroplasty, LR (Left Knee)
11/17/09 SCS re-implant
7/29/09 I&D
5/7/09 SCS removal b/c of MRSA
12/15/08 & 2/6/09 SCS Revision
10/30/08 Spinal Cord Stimulator Implantation
6/27/08 diagnosed with RSD
1/8/08 Fulkerson TTT, chondroplasty, LR (Right Knee)

support