Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: 4 weeks post-op problems  (Read 877 times)

Offline berubegirl

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
4 weeks post-op problems
« on: April 03, 2008, 05:15:15 PM »
Hi,

I am new to this site and just had surgery. I was in a car accident almost 3 years ago, and ever since then I have had prblems with my knee. It started with poping and over time turned to grinding and pain and swelling to the point i had a hard time walking at times. After almost a year on a waiting list, I finally got in to see a OS who specializes in knees. After trying a year and a half of physio and neovisc injections, I finally got on the list for surgery. On mar 3 I had arthroscopy of my left knee with multiple compartment debridement plus lateral retinacular release, also open left fulkerson osteotomy of tibia. Boy is that ever a mouthful and a half....lol
 I am 4 weeks post op and have noticed over the last 2 weeks that lumps have apeared on my leg.Along with it, pain and burning. The one above my knee is quite large in size. I saw my dr, and he sent me for an ultrasound and x-ray. It showed that it is only soft tissue damage and localized swelling. I was wondering if anyone has experienced swelling localized to just small areas?

Thanks

Offline eaglemom

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
Re: 4 weeks post-op problems
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2008, 10:44:42 PM »
I've had something kind of similar - the outside lower part of my leg swells.  What that immediately tells me is that yes I've ignored that it hurt and kept doing something.  Ice is applied and the swelling doesn't go down, but rather doesn't get any more swollen.  Four weeks post op isn't really anything - I'm 5 months and swelling - I think it all goes along with the injuries.  I'm not a os, if your uncomfortable give them a call, good luck.  Eagle