Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Plugs ? Help?  (Read 952 times)

Offline KidsandCritters

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
Plugs ? Help?
« on: April 03, 2008, 02:19:32 PM »
Ok I am freaking out ! ???  I am not sure what I'm getting my self into!  The paper I have says Arthroscopy Chondroplasty.  When I was in his office he said " If there is not to much damage "I will put 1 or 2 "plugs" in. If there is to much,  I will just smooth the area and then I will get the Syvisics shots at a later time.  So now I am thinking the plugs are no big deal,  until I am reading about this OAT's thing....  could this be the same thing?  Are there different kinds of plugs !  Should the paper say PLUGS TOO?  or is chondroplasty include plugs.......
He sounded way to casual about this whole thing if it's the same thing I have been reading about...... I know I should call the Dr. but he's on vacation..........aren't they always  lol   :o
Help !
Tami
<><

Offline lis1

• SuperKNEEgeek
Re: Plugs ? Help?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2008, 09:01:42 AM »
Sounds like OATS or mosaicplasty to me, which is what i am having in June, which i am freaking out a bit about too.  Like someone kindly said to me there is loads of information on this on this site, check out the arthritis section on the board.

When are you likely to be having this done?

You can always chat to me some more.

Lisa
remidial meniscemtomy 1994
scope and tidy up july 2006
acl reconstruction and microfractures oct 2006 (failed on both counts)
oats june 2008 - very successful
acl revision patella tendon - oct 09

Offline KidsandCritters

• Regular Poster
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2008, 02:31:35 PM »
Oh thank you Lisa,

I am scheduled for next Monday,  April 14th.  What about you.  The more information I find,  the more freaked out I get ;D.  I will look at the site though.  Is this your first knee surgery?
Tami
<><

Offline lis1

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2008, 02:38:01 PM »
No will be my fourth but i am not having it done until June because i do charity work in Zambia which i spend all year fundraising for and didnt want to miss it.  So the delay is my fault.  Please keep in contact and let me lnow how you get on!!

Lve Lisa x

Offline KidsandCritters

• Regular Poster
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2008, 06:34:12 PM »
Lisa,
I sure will.  I went for all the pre op stuff this morning.  The ekg only took 10 seconds when she said ok your done I thought she was kidding.......  My are still hurts from the blood work.  It didn't really  hurt when he did it,  but now it's pretty achy.......  weird.
Tami
<><

Offline lis1

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2008, 01:33:14 PM »
Bless you Tami - if you put your e-mail address on a post i can keep in contact with you that way.  I can't put mine on cos it's a work one, hence the slowness on my replies at the moment because i have been on my days off.

I too am freaked out big time - for me it's the rehab not the op - i am used to being very active - i go to the gym and exercise 5 days a week it's my favourite place.  I hate having to ask other people to drive me anywhere- and i live alone.  I know i will get through it because it is a case of having to but aaaaaagggggggghhhhhhhhhh  i am sure you know where i am coming from.

Lisa x

Offline KidsandCritters

• Regular Poster
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2008, 01:38:14 PM »
Hi Lisa,

Sure it's [email protected]  How long will you be in Zambia.  When are you going.  2 of my children have gone on Missions trips. They loved it.  My Son is going to El Salvador the end of June to help with an orphanage there.
I talked to the OS office yesterday,  I am scheduled for 2:00 on Monday.  I am really praying they will be able to do the Plugs,  He said if there was to much damage he would just smooth thing out and then we will discuss other options at a later time.

Tami
<><

support