Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Fell on my knee, something moving around underneath  (Read 2512 times)

Offline frumblow

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Fell on my knee, something moving around underneath
« on: April 02, 2008, 08:01:31 PM »
Hi,

I fell quite badly on my knee whilst ice skating a while ago. There was no problem with the joint and I could freely move my leg around without any problem.

However the skin on the surface of the knee stung quite bad when I touched it. The feeling was similar to when you get a bad graze and you accidentally touch it. It was a little red, but apart from that no visible signs of injury. It took about a week to heal and was fine.

The other day I decided to randomly inspect the knee for anything unusual. If I run my finger from the top to the bottom of the right side of my right knee, as I get past the main chunk of the kneecap it dips in a bit. The concaved area is about 1 1/2 centimeters in diameter. If I press around there is also something moving about in the same area. Its long and feels kinda like a vein except a lil harder (not as hard as bone).

It still doesn't hurt me or anything, but is causing a lot of stress. I'm very worried about it, and its making me anxious.

Does anybody know what it may be?

Offline tanyap

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
Re: Fell on my knee, something moving around underneath
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2008, 09:54:17 AM »
Its probably a tendon. Did you check the other side to see if its the same?

If its causing a lot of stress and anxiety then why dont you go and get it checked out and put your mind at ease?
1986 - recurrent dislocations of right patella began
1988 - Modified Hauser Procedure
1991 - dislocations started again
2005 to 2007 - 150 dislocations in 2 years - OUCH!!!
June 2007 - new OS, new physio
Oct 2007 - VMO woke up
Mar 2008 - big quads, still dislocating
Apr 2008 - next OS app

Offline eaglemom

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
Re: Fell on my knee, something moving around underneath
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2008, 02:16:06 PM »
If you are stressing about this I'd suggest that you make an appointment with an os to examine the knee. 

support