Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: please help  (Read 708 times)

Offline winger

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
please help
« on: April 01, 2008, 03:32:19 AM »
hi guys i came across this forum on the internet and was wondeing if anyone could help.

im 20yr old female rugby player of petite build a few weeks back i was in training and my knee 'clicked' while i sidestepped, it swelled up and i found it hard to put weight on it for about a week.and also found it hard to fully extend and flex my leg for a fair few weeks. as soon as i could bear weight i was back to training however i found i was in pain alot of the time. and often jus while running i would feel an almost 'crunching/grinding' sound and be unable to continue with the knee swelling up again. ( this was after having 4 weeks treatment in a sports therapy clinic). I find now that my patella is very loose and freely glides from side to side on both knees. ive been told it could be a tracking problem but im not too sure how to solve it. i cannot afford one of these top-notch braces that are now available but have herd taping can help but am unsure of how to do this.

id really appreciate any help, specially as i have the most important match of the season in 3 weeks and really dont want my knee's to let me down!

thankyou

Offline J-Okr

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
Re: please help
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2008, 05:28:23 AM »
I would suggest first and foremost to get your knee looked at to be sure you're not damaging it any further.  If you get the OK to play, does your rugby team have a Med Trainer?  My husband is the head med trainer for a local rugby team, and he tapes all the players who have been OK'd to play (knees/ankles/finger/you name it).  Is there anyone like that you could see to tape you for practices and before your game?
However before your keep training, it really would be best to get it checked by a medical professional - the last thing you want to do is do more damage.

Good luck!

Offline winger

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
Re: please help
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2008, 08:37:32 AM »
Hi thankyou for your advice, I've had it looked at by a doctor who just suggested rest and return to light play for a bit before getting fully into it.and im afraid as its just a university team with little funding we do not have a med trainer.i'd be happy to try taping it myself but am unsure of how to do it exactly.ive tried looking on the internet but am yet to find a good site that describes exactly how to do it!

support