Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: My feet hurt!  (Read 868 times)

Offline celinenj03

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
My feet hurt!
« on: March 30, 2008, 06:43:29 PM »
After my last knee scope in September, I developed plantar fasciitis in my op leg foot then spread to my other foot. I'm sure it is to due with my gait.

Is there any way to teach yourself or to learn from someone how to walk correctly? I have full ROM, maybe a degree short of hyperextension, but I don't know what I'm doing wrong only that I am definitely walking weird (maybe still subconciously guarding) and this is causing my foot pain.

Also still have a very loud and annoying clicking in the joint. If I stand and slide my heel back, I can get it to click every time. Don't know if it's the kneecap or what.

Did anyone ever have foot pain and recover and if so how did you do it?? It's been painful for the past 5 months!
Terrible Triad - 1/16/06 - Basketball
3/15/06 - Scope/Cleanout of to achieve full ROM
5/3/06 - Surgery-ACL Reconstruction-Allograft
9/12/07 - Large Loose body removed;Grade 4 Lesion on LFC
9/17/08-Microfracture, Lateral Release (all right knee)

Offline Beda

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
    • Bedas Atelier
Re: My feet hurt!
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2008, 05:18:20 AM »
Celine. I have constnatly pain in my feet, yes, its your gait, but it should subside as your discomfort n your knee subsides and you begin to walk a bit more naturally. Knee problems can be the cause of much evil when you begin to compensate for the pain you experience in your knee.
I hope things will get better for you in time
Beda
'79 trauma v.knee
'81surgery patella lux.
'84 osteochondritis dissecans
'86 osteotomy
until now 16 knee surgerys ink. 6 failed tkr. pretty much exhausted all areas and types of surgical proceedures for knees
all TKR's loosened & failed
2008 wait for Final arthrodesis
constant pain

Offline celinenj03

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
Re: My feet hurt!
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2008, 03:39:19 PM »
Thank you so much and God bless you Beda. I know you've been through a lot. You are in my prayers. I am trying to be walk normally. But I know I still compensate here and there. Some of it is to avoid the little tweaks of pain and some of it is bad habits from walking weird for soooooo long.
Terrible Triad - 1/16/06 - Basketball
3/15/06 - Scope/Cleanout of to achieve full ROM
5/3/06 - Surgery-ACL Reconstruction-Allograft
9/12/07 - Large Loose body removed;Grade 4 Lesion on LFC
9/17/08-Microfracture, Lateral Release (all right knee)

support