Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Synvisc  (Read 9429 times)

Offline lady

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 0
  • live well laugh often love much and play hard
Re: Synvisc
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2008, 03:06:16 AM »
It seems to be better today. I still played volleyball and wore a brace. I was hoping to get away from the brace but thought I'd better play it safe. We'll see what happens in the next few days. I have soccer practice tomorrow and i'll just take it easy on the team and on me.
Ya the short lived part is bitter sweet. I found myself so excited before and after the shot. Because of the hope of doing and not paying later.

"just enjoy doing...while you can do it.
Thats my new moto. I love that.
dislocated patella and chopped off most of chondal 1985
chondroplasty/medial meniscus repair 1996
ACI  quater size defect-surgery failure
lateral meniscus repair2002
chondroplasty, lateral Meniscectomy2006
synvisc & orthovisc injections 2008/2009
drained and cortizone injection 2008

Offline celinenj03

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2008, 03:32:45 PM »
Hey Lady! How are you doing these days! My OS ordered Synvisc for me. It is sitting in his office. I haven't decided yet. Let me know how you are.
Terrible Triad - 1/16/06 - Basketball
3/15/06 - Scope/Cleanout of to achieve full ROM
5/3/06 - Surgery-ACL Reconstruction-Allograft
9/12/07 - Large Loose body removed;Grade 4 Lesion on LFC
9/17/08-Microfracture, Lateral Release (all right knee)

Offline lady

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2008, 08:53:06 PM »
I'm sorry I haven't checked this site in awhile. Spring is a crazy time around here.
I coach a girls  under 14 travel team and it keeps me very busy. I also do a bit of volunteering with preping the fields. And I do all this because I can PAIN FREE! well most of the time. Sometimes I have some aches in my knee but it usualy becuase I played a scrimmage with the girls. Or I just simply over worked my knee. In the begining with synvics I was over working it. I would bike for 10 miles walk for 2 and lift in 1 day. That was crazy. Now I do either bike or walk, but I limit the walking and do more biking. And I took up Boxing. I'm starting slow and only doing it 1 day a week and hope to build up to 3x a week. I love it. But I'm not bragging to my doc because I think he'll think I'm a NUT!
I have lost weight and inches and my bad knee actualy looks stronger.
I really suggest you give it a shot(no pun inteneded). What do you have to lose. My insurance paid so it was a no brainer for me. If your insurance dosen't pay then I can understand the reluctance.
I was either having a unispacer or synvisc.I would rather do something biological and less evasive then surgery......Again. I have put off surgery several times as I feel the more they go in and fool around the OA progresses more. I don't know if this is true but its how I feel.
I hope with whatever you decide it all works out well and you can get on with your life PAIN FREE! I am definitly going to do this shots again and again until they don't work anymore. I cross my fingers they work more than once, because I have just started to live again and I'm loving my new hobby -boxing. Of course there is no actual punching people but I wouldn't mind punching anyone,,,,I just don't want them punching me. lol
LOL

Offline jathib

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • ACL recon, lateral menisectomy, lateral PKR
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2008, 02:17:08 PM »

I was either having a unispacer or synvisc....

I hope you're not going to consider a unispacer when the synvisc fails. They are a complete failure and I didn't even know doctors were still doing them.

Offline lady

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2008, 01:45:49 AM »
That is was one of the reasons it was a no brainer to try the synvisc. I heard they do "dislocate". I would however consider the unispacer over a PK or TK if it is still an option after the shots. I'm pretty sure that it will not be an option after the shots. My doc knows I am not interested in a Pk or Tk quiet yet even if my knee is so I think that is why he discussed the unispacer. He did say the shot was a better option, and thankfully it is working. And I am thrilled.
By the way I have read the unispacer now is much better than in the past.

Offline Plumb

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 6
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2008, 01:55:51 AM »
I would ask about a hemi cap instead of a spacer.

When the time comes. You will know it is time.

So I start my third round of Supartz in June.  I have cartlidge flipping around that at times hurts bad. I am bone on bone but still pretty mobile.  Had a cortizone shot that did next to nothing on Friday. NSAID patches that take away the knee pain but leave me with a neck ache.

Just one of those moments where I am miserable. I pulled a hammy as well.

The good news is my TKR knee is wonderful and pain free and lovely.. I just wish I get to the point where I am totally pain free enoughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh already..
Send me the warm weather or give me chicken bits.

support