Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: patellar tendonitis  (Read 788 times)

Offline superman

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
patellar tendonitis
« on: March 29, 2008, 01:18:05 AM »
 :D hi everyone, i broke my hip, femour, and shatter my knee in a car accident back in1996 the doctors install a plate on my hip and a rod in the middle of my femour bone, due to the surgery my leg but the femour bone grew larger and thats why my knee its been giving problems since, i used to play basketball often but since the sirgury i feel a sharpe pain when i step akward or run or even if i played basketball its real unconfortable and the day after i can hardly walk or if i walk up the steps is a real punishment, so if some one had some thing similar to this problem and went thru surgery please let me know how it went thanks everyone, and i hope to hear from someone.

Offline stickshifty

• Forum Faithful
Re: patellar tendonitis
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2008, 04:39:10 AM »
Hi Superman,

I delt with bilateral patellar tendonitis last year during marching season. I know what it's like to not be able to walk and the horror of a flight of stairs. It sucks, it really does. My anatomy is a little odd, my femurs are twisted inwards so they thought that that might be a contributor to the knee pain after a riding accident, but it wasn't nearly as severe as your accident. Just a partially torn ligament that never really seemed to heal from 3 years before. I never had surgery for the tendonitis itself. I can't say I've actually heard of a surgery to fix that. But good luck with your knees. The people on the board are extremely friendly and there is a lot of experience here so hopefully someone can give you a real answer.

~Laura
7.22.2004: horseback riding accident :(
5.9.2008: scope + plica removal on left knee.
12.16.2008: de-plica-tize my right knee.
3.14.2011: lateral release + medial plication on left knee.

It's great to be a Tennessee Vol!!!!

Offline superman

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
Re: patellar tendonitis
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2008, 06:50:07 AM »
thank you for awsering back, and i do hope i hear from someone or from some one who knows a good doctor in denver colorado. and keep having fun in your marching band, thanks again :D
   Hugo