Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: TKR ... Day 14 post op  (Read 3798 times)

Offline enuff81020

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
TKR ... Day 14 post op
« on: July 28, 2003, 09:13:54 AM »
Hi!

I was sure hoping to have something positive and encouraging to share by 2 weeks--but I don't--at least not yet...

I am having a tough go and looking forward to seeing my ortho on Tuesday for his take on how lousy I've been feeling.  PT is a struggle unlike it has ever been for me--and although I am exercising 5 times a day, I'm not finding the payoff.

My knee still hurts 24/7--sleep evades me more than it comes.  My pain meds aren't too effective and I'm worried about extension and to a smaller degree flexion.  i want to straighten my leg and I've woirked so hard, spinning my wheels.  

I just have to hold on--pt this afternoon--we shall see if they can make me cry again...and then my doic on Tuesday, remove staples and time for 20,000 questions.

It may just be too early in this situation to make any calls...Sylvia
« Last Edit: August 03, 2003, 03:55:43 AM by admin »
Both kneesOA.
Scope on rt knee,9/00;2/01
scope w/ LR and debridement rt knee 2/02
left knee same5/02
Patellar problems
LeftTKR12/16/02
Right TKR7/14/03
Complications MUA 8/14/03
R TKR revisio

ARC

Re: TKR-post-op--day 14
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2003, 09:23:03 AM »
Sylvia:
Best of luck  :D  at your PT appointment and getting the stitches out on Tuesday.  If I can do anything for you please let me know.  I hope you get the answers you are looking for and that things start going better for you soon.  
-Kolleen

Offline enuff81020

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • User's Text
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2003, 03:31:51 PM »
Thanks one more time for the support Kolleen,

I need the tide to shift--a little wold be okay, a lot would be great.  I hope this is a case of me just not being patient enough right now and that things are indeed going the way they should be.

I'm going to head over for my bloodwork in a bit, pt this afternoon, and we shall see what is next.

That is truly all I can do anyway--lol!  Sylvia
Both kneesOA.
left knee same5/02
Patellar problems
LeftTKR12/16/02
Right TKR7/14/03
R TKR revisio

Offline lizl

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • I've fallen and I cannot get up?
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2003, 08:33:26 PM »
Good luck at PT today.  Maybe your body just wants a little more time to heal this time. Please don't overdo. That will just throw you into a downward spiral.

LizL
2003: 1/28-29Fell on wet floor,broke kneecap
ORIF(hdwr&immob)
Post-op drug reaction
3/4-5/13 brace
3/21-8/28PT
12/19Hardware removal,scope,partial meniscectomies
2004: More PT
lost job
Settledw/WC Oct
2005: Personal injury lawsuit--reschedulings,failed mediation
2006: settled out of court in March

Offline enuff81020

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • User's Text
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2003, 10:45:49 PM »
Thanks Liz--

I've never been scared of pt or dreaded it before--and I've a long pedigree of pt experiences, so that is a strong statement.  this pain level is getting me.  I'm doing what I was told and quite honestly, for a big change, nobody has to worry much about me overdoing anything--I can barely fit 5 exercise sessions in in a day.

Oh well, so far, so good--my blood work for today is done and before dinner I'll be through with the big torture.  I just had a confirmation call from my ortho and I know that visit tomorrow wil be the one to settle my nerves and give me what I need to know.

:D  Sylvia
Both kneesOA.
left knee same5/02
Patellar problems
LeftTKR12/16/02
Right TKR7/14/03
R TKR revisio

Offline windbarb

• Forum Faithful
  • They call me Weather Bunny!
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2003, 12:19:55 AM »
Sylvia,

I hope everything went well for you today and that you have some answers about why you are in this pain.

Cheers,
Barb :)
1988-91: LK severe OSD, RK mild OSD
01/91: LK scope-flush. lingering pain
12/02: LK cortisone injection
3/03: LK scope-plica excision, partial synovectomy
11/04: L big toe cartilage/bone repair (fell)
now: L middle toe (broke; lingering pain), RK pain/swelling, neck pain/swelling

Offline enuff81020

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • User's Text
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2003, 02:34:39 AM »
Hi!

I'm back from pt--put my therapist a bit on the spot and asked him how he thought I was.  He looked at me and didn't say anything--so I told  him that I had a pretty good idea, but I wanted to hear what he thought in his own words.  His answer, "Not good."  We talked about my extension--got down to -20 today with a ton of pain involved and he asked me if I had heard of manipulation.  I think something will definitley have to happen here and I'm so anxious over this.

I'm resting now--ice on both knees--cause my left knee is getting stiff and achy given how hard it is working.  I hope to get some answers tomorrow from my os--one way or another, this will have to change.  Barb, I hope that's when your good wishes for me will ring true...

I'm trying so hard to not be scared and to not give up...It is best for me to hold off until I see my doc tomorrow.  

Hugs, Sylvia

Both kneesOA.
left knee same5/02
Patellar problems
LeftTKR12/16/02
Right TKR7/14/03
R TKR revisio

Offline lam651

• Forum Faithful
  • Someday
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2003, 07:26:03 PM »
Sylvia I'm praying for good news at the doc tomorrow.
God bless, Larry
arthoscopy('99),HTO(tibia didn't heal 10/01),knee braces(7/02),HTO w/ex.fix. to repair tibial non-union(3/03), remove ex. fix.(9/03),HTO other leg(12/03)

Offline chica_2626

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Why knees?
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2003, 07:41:33 PM »
Sylvia,

I know that this is hard for you to go through and you feel like you just can't take any more.  But I know that you have the strength and the willpower to face whatever is next in the knee journey; whether it's more PT or another surgery.  Sometimes the road to pain free knees takes just a little bit longer.  So this one isn't going exactly as well as the left one, that doesn't mean it won't work.  I won't let you get down on yourself when you know that you can face and handle it.  If a manipulation could maybe solve your extension problems, isn't it worth that extra post-op pain?  And that pain won't last forever.  I know it's impossible to not doubt if things will ever work.  But I know and believe, and so does everyone else here, that you can beat this problem and be well on your way to enjoying both of your knees and doing anything you'd like.  And no one deserves that more than you.  You have been through so much to get this point, and you are so close to finally conquering these knee problems, ya gotta stay strong, and even if you might wanna give up, don't.  You can't.

I am sitting here hoping and wishing your OS appointment goes well, and that you get answers, even if they are not necessarily what you want.  And don't forget you have the love and support of everyone on this forum.  We all want you to pull through and we know you will.   :D  :D  :-*  :D  :D

::Hugs::

Rachel
Lateral Release Right Knee 6-21-02
Peroneal Brevis Tendon Repair Right Ankle 6-29-05

Offline enuff81020

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • User's Text
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2003, 09:51:09 PM »
Thanks Rachel and Larry,

Floyd just got home and we are leaving for my os appointment in 20 minutes.  It has been a long haul--but you are right, I haven't come this far to turn back now.  I'm just tired of all of the detours and roadblocks and side trips which always end up in something else that hurts or distracts or whatever.  Waking up today to this ankle problem has been more than I thought I could ever endure.

I guess my doc will get to see it all--and I remember him telling me that he knew this had been #ell for me about a year ago--is there any place that is more unpleasant, cause I think I've found it.

OK--time to get ready--take care and I'll share later...Sylvia
Both kneesOA.
left knee same5/02
Patellar problems
LeftTKR12/16/02
Right TKR7/14/03
R TKR revisio