Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Diana's ACI and Fulkerson 3/24/08  (Read 17614 times)

dileigh

Re: Diana's ACI and Fulkerson 3/24/08
« Reply #75 on: March 25, 2009, 10:46:54 PM »
Never really remember to post on my thread, but just did my 1 year checkup yesterday.    Still tracking really good, and pain free for the most part.  Still have some TTT pain, especially when it rains, but with the screws out I can at least kneel with that part of my leg on the floor with some weight, but not completely.

Some pain medially when climbing stairs at times, he thinks it may be new cartilage damage in another spot and we'll just keep an eye on it for now. No pain under the patella which is where all the pain was before the surgery.  All in all, I'm a lot better off than I was before surgery, and will take the little bit of pain I have now. I would definitely call the surgery a success.

I can ride the bike for about 45 minutes, and will start walking again soon.  I have arthritis in many joints and can't deal with working out outside when it's cold. Then it will be back to working on my 5K walk/run training.

Diana

Offline Room 101

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 2
  • 2+2=5
« Reply #76 on: March 25, 2009, 11:05:00 PM »
Thanks for the update :)  -- Sounds like it's going well for you, and thanks for the  update on shoes in the other thread!  I kinda had that feeling.  I know I don't want to push anything, and I am fine with no heels... I at least found some cute flat shoes... better than always wearing sneakers!!

Take care,
Kim
February 1 2008 - left knee AMZ/LR/Debridement/ACI biopsy
December 2 2008 - left knee ACI - Patela
May 25 2011 - Left knee mfx - trochlea  (ACI growth looked "pristine"), Right knee ACI biopsy
September 5, 2012 - Right knee AMZ/ACI - patella

Offline Peg Leg

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #77 on: April 06, 2009, 02:19:21 AM »
Diana,

I'm glad that things are going well for the most part with you.  You are so good to keep up with my posts in the post-op section, and I really appreciate that!  I haven't posted here in a long time, but I do plan to update everyone soon.  When is your 5 K walk/run?  You must be excited to be able to participate this year!  I'm excited for you and will look forward to hearing how it goes. Take care of yourself!

peg leg
10/06  Miicrofracture Rt knee on mfc
defect was 1.3x2, small defect under patella
04/07 Arthroscopy/Cell harvest for Carticel
06/28/07 Carticel surgery ,Rt. Knee
12/27/07  Scope to debride Patella lesion,Rt. Knee
4/17/08  Fulkerson AMZ, Rt. Knee
6/25/09 ConforMis BiCompartmental Knee Replacement

dileigh

« Reply #78 on: April 06, 2009, 11:55:21 PM »
The walk is always the first Saturday in October, so we have a long ways to go before I get to that one.  Maybe I'll find one over the summer to try.

Diana

Offline courtem10

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #79 on: May 13, 2009, 01:34:52 PM »
Hey Diana,

I was just breezing through some of the older posts to check my rehab progress with others who have already done ACI. Anyways, it lead me to the issue of us women wearing heels & I was curious if you had been able to wear them yet now that you are over 1 year out?? Going shoe shopping is pure torture :( I want my cute shoes back- enough with the sneaker nonsense. Other than that I am assuming you haven't jogged yet in your recovery, but are you able to work up a decent sweat doing other exercises- eliptical, stairmaster, etc.....? Talk to you soon!

Courtney 
7/08 Left knee microfracture
12/08 Left knee ACI biopsy
4/09 Left knee ACI/AMZ

Offline dileigh

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #80 on: May 17, 2009, 02:48:17 AM »
I can wear heels as long as I don't have to spend much time walking in them. I still buy flat shoes, and currently hate the choices out there.

We've hit the time of year where we get afternoon rain for the next few weeks and still haven't started walking yet.  I probably take any exercising a little lighter because I have fibromyalgia and it's really easy to overdo it and pay dearly for it.  The biggest problem is that it doesn't hurt while working out, but I can lose weeks if I'm not careful.  I do my stretching and as much as I can and on the bike, but don't really break a sweat most times.  But I never did on the bike, even before surgery unless I was in a spin class. 

I don't know what happened to my original profile- it disappeared about the same time the site went down.....

Diana

Offline Room 101

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 2
  • 2+2=5
« Reply #81 on: May 18, 2009, 05:00:12 PM »
Hey guys!  I think I mentioned it somewhere in here before, but I can't recall where.  Sorry if I am repeating myself.  I have had some formal things to attend recently... communions, weddings, etc.  I was really stressed about shoes, but I have found some great flat, dressy shoes at Cole Hahn.  Nike owns them and all their shoes have the Nike insole.  very comfortable.  I can wear them all day.  I had 2 full days of being on my feet in dress shoes this weekend, and the worst i feel is a little stiffness.  I also fight skinny feet, so I never have much success anyway.  They are a little more expensive, but I have caught some great sales.  I have bought 4 pair so far, and there was one other that I really wanted to get as well.  I figure it's gonna be a long time before I get back into any kind of heel, and honestly, if they keep making shoes this cute, I may not go back... it's not worth tearing my knee up again.

I don't work for them, really  :D

Room 101
February 1 2008 - left knee AMZ/LR/Debridement/ACI biopsy
December 2 2008 - left knee ACI - Patela
May 25 2011 - Left knee mfx - trochlea  (ACI growth looked "pristine"), Right knee ACI biopsy
September 5, 2012 - Right knee AMZ/ACI - patella

support