Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: My ACL Reconstruction OP: G Singh  (Read 8018 times)

Offline g_singh

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: My ACL Reconstruction OP: G Singh
« Reply #45 on: July 01, 2008, 04:18:02 PM »
Hi Nero, physio is gonig good and I am generally feeling more positive.

The physio said that you should not worry too much about flexion angles as it will always return, the main focus is that yuo can straighten the leg/knee.
I get the same feeling once I have been sitting for too long, the knee feels really tight and stiff on the inside. I takes me a little while to adjust again by doing some slightly painful leg extensions!

The limp I am told is  a mental thing and you should consciously try to walk as you would normally.
I have started running on the treadmill at the gym and the physio noticed that i was running flat footed on the bad leg.
I was told this is a mental aspect and I should think positively and try to run normally! Ran better last week!

I was also recommended to buy Sorbothane insoles when running etc. I would deffo recommend these, absorb quite alot of the impact!
I have also been given the go ahead to lunge forward now (straight lines, no angles), this is quite a workout!!

Hope you are exercising hard as this is the stagew e can build up the muscle once again!

Offline g_singh

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #46 on: September 25, 2008, 05:27:48 PM »
Hi,

6 Months on

Got signed off the NHS Patient list last week!!

I have been jogging regularly and knee seems to be holding stable untill yesterday.
I was doing a side ways stretch and put slight pressure on the knee on an outward stretch and felt the knee give a little....

This has really scared me and making me question if the operation has actually worked??    :( :( :(

Feel really down as I have really put the physio work in and have been training just as the physios have been telling me.
I am going to try visit the physiotherapist tommorow and see if i can get an assesment..

There is no visible swelling or soreness but having said that my knee down to my ankle is mainly numb.

Quite possibly at the lowest point in this whole process, any advice or experience would be much appreciated.

Offline g_singh

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #47 on: January 21, 2009, 11:36:01 PM »
10 Months Gone

Knee feels strong, however i still get sharp pains sometimes on the bottom off the knee.
Leg is still numb and I am beginning to doubt I will ever get the feeling back.

ON a positive note, i am running once a week and have started playing squash.
This gives the knee quite a workout and touch wood, it hasnt budged when i am lunging and going for shots.

Joining a gym this weekend to step up muscle build up and take things to the next level.
I am hoping to get back into football/soccer by May/June this year  :)

Thanks!

G