Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Yet another debridment - rejoining this forum  (Read 30849 times)

Offline Gilly99

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
Re: Yet another debridment - rejoining this forum
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2009, 11:08:35 AM »
I should see the OS 6 weeks after surgery but not had the appointment yet - at least one knee feels better. Just booked a holiday in Crete in June and made sure there was a swimming pool!  Having a steroid hip injection on Thursday (terrified!!) so maybe that will help the knee pain.

Offline Gilly99

• Regular Poster
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2009, 11:19:47 AM »
till awaiting OS follow-up appointment - expect to be seen around the middle of May  but seeing consultant who referred me on June 2nd re hip pain - having steroid injection into hip under CT  tomorrow and scared as it sounds worse than knee injections.  Went for a walk in a bluebell wood on Monday but won't attempt that again on my own - I turned back when the path became impossibly steep but still in tears on the way down - left knee certainly nowhere near improved with surgery.  See www.gillyart.co.uk to see the pic I took of the woods on the index page

Offline cboden51

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2009, 06:06:32 PM »
Sorry to hear you are still having problems with the one knee. The hip injection does sound daunting, best of luck with that if it hasn't already happened.

I loved your photography. I have bookmarked it to spend more time at a later date.

Connie

Offline Gilly99

• Regular Poster
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2009, 09:40:13 AM »
Hi Connie,
mmmm seming to gofrom bad to worse - It really wasn 't a good idea to go exploring a bluebell wood (see www.gillyart.co.uk - the photo on the front page is one I took is of the beautiful woods) - I didn't go very far as I realised what goes up must come down ...and it was agony!  I should have been having a hip injection pain test today to see if the pain is coming more from my hip - wasn't looking forward to it as it was going to involve dye, local anaesthetic and a steroid injection under a CT scan - anyway that's been postponed because of technical problems at the hospital.  I'm taking my son to the Welsh National Boccia Championships in Cardiff tomorrow -a four hour drive away - at least I'm able to go as it was a bit doubtful if I'd had the pain test today.
Cheers,
Gilly

Offline cboden51

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2009, 07:37:44 PM »
You have had more than your share of problems I would say! Yet you seem to have a great attitude - you find the positive in the situation. My hat is off to you. Enjoy the trip with your son!
Connie

Offline Gilly99

• Regular Poster
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2009, 04:09:06 PM »
Well, my son won - he's now the Boccia (ramp player's) Welsh Champion so I guess that makes me Ramp Assistant Champion too.  He didn't appreciate that mum had to catch the bus into the centre of Cardiff until he saw how slow I was walking back to the hotel.  The worst moment was when the leg fell off the stool I was about to sit on, the easiest and quickest (did't want him to incur a time penalty) was to kneel down (yoooouch!) - he was throwing balls away so I knew he didn't have to have his ramp accurately positioned.  Definately a step nearer 2012!! As for the left knee - it's no worse than before surgery but really no improvement.  Tomorrow's hip injection day and I'm terrified of that - could be that some of the knee pain is referred so it'll be worth finding out................
Cheers,
Gilly

Offline cboden51

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2009, 08:26:47 PM »
Hurray for your son and for you! Continued good wishes to you and your hip / knee problems. Hope the hip injection isn't as bad you thought it would be or at the very least it is fast.
Take care,
Connie